Important Time.......Coming Soon.

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

What Do You Think About Sf's Return? How Are you Going To Act?

I Couldnt Care Less, Let Him Believe What He Wants.
15%
I Dont Think His Comments Were That Bad, So He Should Be Allowed Back Without Trouble.
No votes
I Agree With What He Said.
No votes
I Dont Like What He Said But I Wont Say Anything To Him About It
30%
Im Going To Get Militant On His Ass.
55%

Total votes : 20

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:04 am
I am sorry to make a thread about this and I hope that the mods dont deem this abit much and delete it............but I feel this is extremely important to the board.

Sfsfsfgiants WILL be returning on November 19th, he has said as much to 2 different people outside of the board.

Some of his comments to them have been =

"Im sure this has hurt them (people of the board) more than it has hurt me"

"Im just going to return as normal"

Now............I need to know where people (well, people who check Off Topic of course) stand on him returning............most of us who know him and the situation, know that he isnt going to apologise or probably even acknowledge that anything happend.

So given that, and given that in my opinion he should be banned for life for the awful racist comments he made...........how are you guys going to recieve/take his returning to the board?

If you dont want to comment, thats fine but please do vote in the poll (or ask me to add to more options in a PM if thats what you want)

Most of you know how I feel about it/him, and to be honest, even if he does apologise.............it will probably be hollow, and even if it sounds genuine, for me there are some things that you dont come back from unless you can meet the person and look in their eyes to really see if they are genuine.

I for one will not be standing by and watching his return...........for my morals and beliefs in this world, I would gladly sacrifice myself and be banned if it means not allowing him to carry on believing that he did nothing wrong..........so if it comes to that, then I WILL do it.

I would rather not belong to a community that has someone like that afforded lieniency, in this situation that warrants none at all..........ever.

Thanks guys.

James

Ps: If you dont know the situation, then please PM me for the facts, or have a look at Page 27 onwards of "The Off Topic Thread" in here...........trust me, that stuff is the tip of the iceberg.

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:33 am
a few thoughts..

the mods/leadership came up with a temporary ban......
leadership needs to be supported by the members.

everyone messes up ...when a fellow turns from his wrong doings , changes direction ....this shows his heart...one will turn towards being right or continue on the wrong road....no matter what is said ...actions
will show if one has changed.

i figure in sf3's case he will stay out of trouble for a short time ...then gradually return to his same old ways.....if encouraged he will be back to his old ways sooner than later....if supported in a positive way he could stay out of trouble....if the subject is ignored and he doesnt apolagize then this shows he doesn't care enough about the members of this board.
i would think a sincere post admitting his wrongs and seeking the chance to move forward is IN ORDER.

i say the mods original plan is good b/c it gives him the chance to get right or bury himself.

the subject of him being an open hater is brutal.......
i really think he should stay away on his own and find a like minded
board where he would be accepted as a hater.

( i personally question his fanship towards the warriors)
( i would also guess he did most of this for attention and is more of a poser than a hater)
Last edited by JOEL on Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:02 am
Too bad we can't get an update on sf's health conditions. With Barack leading in the polls, sf might be tying the noose around his neck as we speak lol...
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:10 am
Bigs, this is a very delicate subject that we have to deal with, and with "we" I mean hobbes and the mods of the site. And we're doing exactly that.

At this time, we still don't know if he'll be allowed to be back. That's something we have to discuss, and this thread can be a good way to gauge our members opinion on the issue.

I won't post much here, as I prefer to discuss what we're gonna do on the mods board, but I'll be following this thread closely.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:31 am
TMC wrote:At this time, we still don't know if he'll be allowed to be back. That's something we have to discuss, and this thread can be a good way to gauge our members opinion on the issue.

I won't post much here, as I prefer to discuss what we're gonna do on the mods board, but I'll be following this thread closely.

And that is EXACTLY what I want to achieve with this thread...........Im not here to bash him and throw a load of insults (notice I gave no examples/facts about what he said)...........I simply want to see what people think about it, inform those who dodnt know and be able to show the mod team that (hopefully) this board will stand to have someone like this around.

By the way............thanks and props to JOEL for speaking out and sharing his views, and to you Speak for that take on things. :wink:

I just want to add a couple of things =

1 - I know/knew Sf quite well, and Im sure those of you did also, know that if there is one thing he cannot do............that is admit when he is wrong.

Aside from the fact that he doesnt think he actually did anything wrong, any admission of fault will be a false one.............so I wouldnt hold my breath on that genuine apology.

2 - If he comes back, and things kick off...........HE WILL play the victim card............citing that he is a victim of a "hate campaign" orcehestrated by me, and at best "no-one had a problem with what I said until you stepped in" (quoted because those are his exact words to me)

Yes, I have spent alot of time making sure that people are aware of who he really is, and if thats a "hate campaign" then I am guilty.............but I dont give a f*ck, because it is justified............and the fact that EVERY SINGLE PERSON I have told/had PM exchanges with, has said that he is a total racist bastard, and want nothing to do with him anymore.

So the fact that there is no side accept the people who are racist, and those who arent (ie: basically everyone)..........then where is the problem? I didnt have to convince anyone of anything, I just presented them with the facts, and they made their own conclusions..........and everyone of them was the same.

If the mods want numbers, then I have added up 27 people, who expressed the same view as me........including ALL of the senior and most respected people here.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:43 am
bigstrads wrote:Im not here to bash him and throw a load of insults (notice I gave no examples/facts about what he said)...........I simply want to see what people think about it, inform those who dodnt know and be able to show the mod team that (hopefully) this board will stand to have someone like this around.

You don't have to show us anything, Bigs. We all know what happened and have talked about it lengthily. It's just that we have to find some "middle ground" about the final saying on this issue, but we'll do so on the mods board.

Meanwhile, I think this thread can be useful to check our members opinion, but, please, keep it, as you say, free of insults.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:00 am
When sf comes back he will be the "forum leper"... I'm sure he'll still converse with the other members and voice his opinion and all that other sh*t, but either way he'll have a rain cloud over his head because he is a known bigot.... I guess I'm cool with him coming back.

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:05 am
speak you bring up a good point....

i can only imgain how he would post in the political thread....
do we really need that type of poster?
i am one of the few who wont vote obama however i would never disrespect those who do ....... or obama himself .......
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:05 am
speakonitgod wrote:When sf comes back he will be the "forum leper"... I'm sure he'll still converse with the other members and voice his opinion and all that other sh*t, but either way he'll have a rain cloud over his head because he is a known bigot.... I guess I'm cool with him coming back.

And thats the measure of the man with you Speak.............I dont agree, and cant fathom how you could say that but I respect you for saying so.

You guys who know me, know that Im a passionate, protective of my people/morals, say anything kind of guy..............all of you wont know, that with that passion and belief, comes a complete inability to forgive/abide people who have no concept of what they did wrong.

And when it comes to racism.............there is no coming back from that for me, and also, I will never let up in insuring that that person never forgets/gets away with it.
Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:20 am
As TMC already stated, the mods have already discussed this at length, and suffice it to say, he doesn't automatically return on the 19th. The group of moderators will decide then if and when he can return, and if he does, with what conditions.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:26 am
hobbes wrote:As TMC already stated, the mods have already discussed this at length, and suffice it to say, he doesn't automatically return on the 19th. The group of moderators will decide then if and when he can return, and if he does, with what conditions.

Ok Hobbes, thanks for clearing it up in that respect..........others and I were just expecting him to suddenly appear out of no-where and post as if nothing happend.

Again though, I just wanted to see what people in general thought about it and make them aware of the facts of who it is they will be dealing if/when he comes back.

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:58 am
you know i never liked this guy by his posts... i hadnt read anything about his racism but what he says is pretty shocking.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:26 am
My feeling is that if he is going to be a problem, then he shouldn't be here.

If he isn't going to be a problem, then I guess he deserves a chance.

Racism is very offensive to me though and if his initial act was that egregious, a second chance may not be warranted. It's really not my call.

:shrug:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:01 pm
I'll probably just avoid the kid. I've said what i needed to say to him through PM and his responses were just out of this world to me. So i have no reason to talk to him and i'm sure he'll be the same way. His arrogance is a bit annoying too.

*edit*
I voted that i don't agree but i won't say anything, simply because i've said my piece. It'd be interesting to see him when he grows up and reality slaps him in the face
Last edited by RobDIKUM on Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:19 pm
i dont tolerate racism and i lost any of the LITTLE respect i gave him when he here. dude's got issues and though id rather not associate myself with him, im not gonna go all crazy if the mods and hobbes choose to allow him back. IF he does happen to be allowed back he shoiuld be on a strict probation...

do note, however...if he says anything stupid, i will go off on him and make him feel as stupid as he is.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Next

Return to Off-Topic Forum