Al for...

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:21 pm
E-Man wrote:
ceddy wrote:i think al for randolph would be something to take a look at. randolph would help the warriors really spread the floor. who do the warriors have right now that can command a double team? ellis? ok but what about down low? and he pulls 10 boards a game..give biedrins some help! turiaf would do that if he started at pf but they got him to be backup andris.

biedrins pulls down more than 10 boards a game. he gets doubled down low (or at least will be once people notice that he's beasting down there). and al spreads the floor on offense way more than randolph does because of his ability to hit the 3 more consistently and at a bett clip than randolph.

if we trade al i think we should trade him for another backup center and fillers (if needed...maybe a guard), that way turiaf can start alongside biedrins since that has been our most effective and best frontcourt with maggs at the 3. if we get a backup center that can play D and rebound then we're good.

basically randolph would be the most talented player we could acquire for al straight up. tinsley no, hinrich ehh, felton/morrison no, curry hell no.

hell were gonna lose al after the season anyway, lets take a risk and lets try randolph. like we really need another PG? were gonna be too stacked espeically when monta comes back. demarcus, cj, marcus, monta, marco (sorta)? we dont really have a legitimate down low board buster scorer. turiaf cant, al is too small.

idk i think its a risk worth taking. it intrigues me more than a hinrich or curry of a tinsley or fillers.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:05 am
No on Randolph. Why? Because he's fat and can't really run, which spells DEATH if Nellie is coach. Nellie WILL NOT play anyone who isn't in top shape, remember?

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:14 am
harrington's been fat and out of shape all his time here...cant wait to get his "super-star" mantality of himself the F*** out of here.
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:20 am
since this could very well be mullins last season... who knows... why dont he pull some more magic out of his hat and bring some players we dont expect that will be 10x better than what any of us are thinking of getting... [-o<
THATS OUR FUTURE RIGHT THERE

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:10 pm
so much al hate on this board...

al is versatile. so far this season he has played 3 positions. he's not playing center so much anymore now that we have turiaf and with the emergence of brandan wright actually seeing SOME tick, al could get some rest. al has played SF for us this year in a big lineup and it works. not for an extensive amount of time, but in spurts, it works. like i said before, i would trade al if a good deal came along...zach randolph would not be a good deal.

people, get updated and watch this season's games...BIEDRINS is a low post THREAT. if he gets the ball down low 98% of the time he'll get a shot up, and making it at over a 60% clip is phenominal. if turiaf were to start next to biedrins and get starter minutes, we can have both of them averaging 8+ boards a game with turiaf perhaps at 3 blocks and biedrins at 1-2.

if zach randolph is our only option for trading harrington then id rather pass, keep harrington and let his contract expire so we can use the money left from his contract (along with the money expiring from foyle's buyout) to sign another FA. if not sign a big FA this summer, then sign some 1 year contracts for the season and sign a big FA in 2010. al is a much better option than randolph IMO for our current situation.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:00 pm
Its been completely apparent over the first few games this season that Al needs to go. If he can be traded for a PG like Hinrich that would be great, but an active player would be a huge upgrade over Harrington. He has looked awful so far, it is obvious that he does not want to be in Oakland. Al and Nellie have never really gotten along and Al has always had a much bigger head than skill set. Its time to make a change, move Al and play some of the youngsters.

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:27 pm
E-Man wrote:so much al hate on this board...

al is versatile. so far this season he has played 3 positions. he's not playing center so much anymore now that we have turiaf and with the emergence of brandan wright actually seeing SOME tick, al could get some rest. al has played SF for us this year in a big lineup and it works. not for an extensive amount of time, but in spurts, it works. like i said before, i would trade al if a good deal came along...zach randolph would not be a good deal.

people, get updated and watch this season's games...BIEDRINS is a low post THREAT. if he gets the ball down low 98% of the time he'll get a shot up, and making it at over a 60% clip is phenominal. if turiaf were to start next to biedrins and get starter minutes, we can have both of them averaging 8+ boards a game with turiaf perhaps at 3 blocks and biedrins at 1-2.

if zach randolph is our only option for trading harrington then id rather pass, keep harrington and let his contract expire so we can use the money left from his contract (along with the money expiring from foyle's buyout) to sign another FA. if not sign a big FA this summer, then sign some 1 year contracts for the season and sign a big FA in 2010. al is a much better option than randolph IMO for our current situation.

if AI doesn't work out in Detriot pistons are gonna have a gang of cash
in 2010 AI is an expirer
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:48 am
Im in favor of trading Al, pronto.

We should try to trade Al to Chicago for Hinrich. I don't see a better option.
Last edited by KC on Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wish List

*New Owner and Management =D>
*Trade Monta
*Trade Maggette =D>
*Tank the season, get the top pick and draft Harrison Barnes
to be continued...

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:03 am
Mr.KC wrote:Im in favor of trading Al pronto.

We should try to trade Al to Chicago for Hinrich. I don't see a better option.

yep... thats the consensus for the most part... im glad us warrior fans can agree on a proposed trade in the forum :D

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:57 am
I'm really against having a midget lineup!!! No Hinrich here!!! That's why Pippen dissed the Bulls for having a Gordon 6'3 and Hinrich 6'4 midget lineup!!!

Give me Gordon over Hinrich!!! That would be a steal he's still a great player...Look at what he did against Cleveland last night...
All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:04 am
J-Rich wrote:I'm really against having a midget lineup!!! No Hinrich here!!! That's why Pippen dissed the Bulls for having a Gordon 6'3 and Hinrich 6'4 midget lineup!!!

Give me Gordon over Hinrich!!! That would be a steal he's still a great player...Look at what he did against Cleveland last night...

What?? You dont want Hinrich because he is a midget at 6'4"....but you want the shorter guy? I think Ben Gordon is one of the most over-rated players in the league....did you see all of the teams flocking to sign him as a FA? He took a 1 year qualifying offer from the Bulls...when was the last time that happened with a "STAR" player? Gordon can fill it up on occasion, but he is a streaky shooter at best. He is not a PG, he cant hang with a SG on D....why would you want this guy?
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:50 pm
After seeing Al the past few games, I've lowered my expectations of what we could get in return.

I've pretty much ruled out a blockbuster, although I would like an Al/1st or 2nd for Marion, but I'm dreaming there...

My guess is Al for Hinrich. I'm not super excited about it but im sure with his looks hell be a crowd favorite and hes a pretty good player when he gets minutes. Gordon is strictly a shooter, while Hinrich can actually distribute and make plays.

A lineup of:

Hinrich
Jax
Maggs
Wright
Biedrins

with Kabuke, Ronny, Demarcus, CJ coming off the bench looks fine...

Or when Monta comes back...

Monta/Kirk
Jax/Monta
Maggs
Wright
Beans

not to shabby.

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:05 pm
Trade Al and B. Wright to the Pistons for Tayshaun Prince and Amir Johnson. I understand the need for a point guard, but Prince has run the half court sets in Detroit before and Amir, like Brandan has good upside and is a tremendous athlete. The money should work, though I haven't checked it.

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:35 pm
sweethairman wrote:Trade Al and B. Wright to the Pistons for Tayshaun Prince and Amir Johnson. I understand the need for a point guard, but Prince has run the half court sets in Detroit before and Amir, like Brandan has good upside and is a tremendous athlete. The money should work, though I haven't checked it.

no way. why would anyone wanna trade brandan wright after a game like last night? he's our new PF..al's replacement. someone who will produce from the 4 spot. id be happier with a trade like al and one of our point guards for hinrich and noah or ty thomas (which likely wont happen).
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:42 pm
no way we get Hienrich for Al now. He's still playin at Chicago, and Al's sucking his way to oblivion
PreviousNext

Return to Trades