Roto league 1 for 2008-09

Forum for any fantasy basketball leagues being organized

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:49 am
Man, I made a mistake last night. :banghead:

It wasnt in our Roto league but in the one I did on my own.............I played one guy instead of another, without having any spots left, so chose between two guys............the one I played had 0 points and 2 boards, the one I didnt had 17 points, 7 boards and 2 blocks!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Ohh well, Ill know not go with him again............although that will probably be the nights its the other way round! :roll:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:44 am
Shiit like that happens. I had Pietrus on the bench in one of my other teams and another player that got something like 4 points only, in an active position. Part of the whole fantasy game is to predict which players will play well

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:10 am
migya wrote:Shiit like that happens. I had Pietrus on the bench in one of my other teams and another player that got something like 4 points only, in an active position. Part of the whole fantasy game is to predict which players will play well

Yup..........Im learning. :wink:

I really dont know why I did that one though (Im not gonna name names cuz its emabarassing. :wink: )..........the guy I left on the bench, I think is going to have a great season and the guy I played is a BIG question mark..........stupid. :roll:
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:47 am
i was just about to ask a question similar. You have to set your starting lineup and those are who get you the fantasy points right? and if you don't set it up, it will automatically choose your starters for that day?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:11 pm
RobDIKUM wrote: and if you don't set it up, it will automatically choose your starters for that day?

No. You go with the players that fill those spots from the previous day. There's no auto-pick of players. If you don't do it yourself, it will stay like that.
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:15 pm
RobDIKUM wrote:i was just about to ask a question similar. You have to set your starting lineup and those are who get you the fantasy points right? and if you don't set it up, it will automatically choose your starters for that day?

it will be same roster with the last time u set your starting line up....but u could set up your starting lineup in advance by click on future dates.

I think Roto is pretty simple, just put your best players in each position and let them play thru season long unless they are injure....
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:20 pm
GSW United wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:i was just about to ask a question similar. You have to set your starting lineup and those are who get you the fantasy points right? and if you don't set it up, it will automatically choose your starters for that day?

it will be same roster with the last time u set your starting line up....but u could set up your starting lineup in advance by click on future dates.

I think Roto is pretty simple, just put your best players in each position and let them play thru season long unless they are injure....

but if they don't have a game on a certain day you gotta change it right?
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:40 pm
RobDIKUM wrote:
GSW United wrote:

Yeah man, if youve got guys on the bench who are playing, whilst guys starting are not............youll need to swap them.

Its pretty easy to keep up with because yahoo gives you a "@ CHI - 7:30" kind of thing next to the guys playing that day.

The problems come when you have all or most of your guys playing and you have to make decisions as to who plays and who stays on the bench.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:44 am
bigstrads wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:
GSW United wrote:

Yeah man, if youve got guys on the bench who are playing, whilst guys starting are not............youll need to swap them.

Its pretty easy to keep up with because yahoo gives you a "@ CHI - 7:30" kind of thing next to the guys playing that day.

The problems come when you have all or most of your guys playing and you have to make decisions as to who plays and who stays on the bench.

Keep in mind that roto leagues have a maximum number of games allowed per position, so it might be better to not play anybody on certain days. In h2h, tho, you have to play as many guys as possible each day.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:47 am
TMC wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:
GSW United wrote:

Keep in mind that roto leagues have a maximum number of games allowed per position, so it might be better to not play anybody on certain days. In h2h, tho, you have to play as many guys as possible each day.

Yeah.............I dont get all that though, I do in principle but cant get my head around the decision to not play people for the sake of games being used.

I guess its when you have a relatively crappy player at SG, and a great one, when the great one isnt playing..........you shouldnt always play the crappy one in the same position because you will waste games for the great one................???

Still, I havnt thought like that so far.........so Ive probably screwed myself out of a couple of games already.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:53 am
bigstrads wrote:Yeah.............I dont get all that though, I do in principle but cant get my head around the decision to not play people for the sake of games being used.

I guess its when you have a relatively crappy player at SG, and a great one, when the great one isnt playing..........you shouldnt always play the crappy one in the same position because you will waste games for the great one................???

Still, I havnt thought like that so far.........so Ive probably screwed myself out of a couple of games already.

Well, usually new players realize that you shouldn't play lots of players every single day when the season is coming to a close and you're over your games limit, hence being unable to play anybody. :wink:

If you don't try to play them all from the very beginning, you shouldn't have much trouble staying below the game limit.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:15 pm
Guys, quick emergency questions before tonights games start.

1 - If a player is possibly not going to play but I put him in a starting spot, and he doesnt play, does that take away from games allowed for that position?...........even though he didnt actually play.

2 - How late can you switch players around? is it once the game starts you can move the players in that game, or is there a generaly deadline?

Cheers once again for humouring my annoying questions. :wink:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:31 pm
bigstrads wrote:1 - If a player is possibly not going to play but I put him in a starting spot, and he doesnt play, does that take away from games allowed for that position?...........even though he didnt actually play.

If he doesn't play, he doesn't play. It's that simple. If he plays a single minute, it does count, tho, so be careful.

bigstrads wrote:2 - How late can you switch players around? is it once the game starts you can move the players in that game, or is there a generaly deadline?

No idea, but I think you can change them at any time til the beginning of the games. I've never had to change them that late, so don't quote me on it.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:35 pm
TMC wrote:
bigstrads wrote:1 - If a player is possibly not going to play but I put him in a starting spot, and he doesnt play, does that take away from games allowed for that position?...........even though he didnt actually play.

If he doesn't play, he doesn't play. It's that simple. If he plays a single minute, it does count, tho, so be careful.

bigstrads wrote:2 - How late can you switch players around? is it once the game starts you can move the players in that game, or is there a generaly deadline?

No idea, but I think you can change them at any time til the beginning of the games. I've never had to change them that late, so don't quote me on it.

Coolio, thanks again for 784th time! :mrgreen:

The only reason I asked both is because I have Billups in one of my roto leagues, and Chandler in one of my roto and H2H leagues, ohh and Redd, who are doubtful but not confirmed as not playing..........so I wasnt sure on what to do, considering Id have players on the bench who are definately playing.

Billups is a no no by the sounds of things............still not sure about Redd and Chandler, think Ill wait till I go to bed to make a decision and see if theres anymore news on them.

Thanks again!
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:44 pm
bigstrads wrote:The only reason I asked both is because I have Billups in one of my roto leagues, and Chandler in one of my roto and H2H leagues, ohh and Redd, who are doubtful but not confirmed as not playing..........so I wasnt sure on what to do, considering Id have players on the bench who are definately playing.

Billups is a no no by the sounds of things............still not sure about Redd and Chandler, think Ill wait till I go to bed to make a decision and see if theres anymore news on them.

You know, it's funny, because I've got exactly the same problem with those two guys (Chandler and Redd).
PreviousNext

Return to Fantasy League Forum