Redistro of current players H2H league

Forum for any fantasy basketball leagues being organized

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:52 am
migya wrote:
bigstrads wrote:Allocated my team................but heres my thinking now.

As I now look at it from a fantasy perspective, Im looking at the free agent list and I want to make LOADS of changes, because I picked from a team point of view, not a fantasy point of view.

For instance, no-one picked Dungleavy, Zach Randolph, Charlie V and many others because they werent good for team chemistry and other reasons...........but they are all going to have very good fantasy seasons............I wish wed have just done this as a fantasy game from the start, as then I wouldnt have bothered.

Whatever, Im just probably gonna leave this one alone and not bother swapping and changing all about.

Seems pretty pointless having our redistro teams in fantasy BUT being able to make changes as likely many people will make many changes. Doesn't matter, it's yet another fantasy league for us to participate in :wink:

Yeah, whatever, just another fantasy game...............I like that there isnt any bench spots, as atleast then I wont have to check it and swap players to being active every day.

Its just that I would have drafted VERY differently if Id have known it was going to end up like this.................wouldnt have gone so quirky and extreme.

I just put in a waiver request though. :mrgreen: ................not gonna tell you who it is because you wont like me anymore (well, a couple might) :wink:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:19 am
bigstrads wrote:
migya wrote:

As I now look at it from a fantasy perspective, Im looking at the free agent list and I want to make LOADS of changes, because I picked from a team point of view, not a fantasy point of view.

For instance, no-one picked Dungleavy, Zach Randolph, Charlie V and many others because they werent good for team chemistry and other reasons...........but they are all going to have very good fantasy seasons............I wish wed have just done this as a fantasy game from the start, as then I wouldnt have bothered.

Whatever, Im just probably gonna leave this one alone and not bother swapping and changing all about.

Seems pretty pointless having our redistro teams in fantasy BUT being able to make changes as likely many people will make many changes. Doesn't matter, it's yet another fantasy league for us to participate in :wink:

Yeah, whatever, just another fantasy game...............I like that there isnt any bench spots, as atleast then I wont have to check it and swap players to being active every day.

Its just that I would have drafted VERY differently if Id have known it was going to end up like this.................wouldnt have gone so quirky and extreme.

I just put in a waiver request though. :mrgreen: ................not gonna tell you who it is because you wont like me anymore (well, a couple might) :wink:

Dunleavy hey :mrgreen:

Don't take this legue as seriously as the other one and by that I mean remember that the redistro wil be evaluated at season's end and has nothing to do with the H2H redistro league. I would have much wanted this as a roto league, not being touched all season just to show a statistical representation of our teams but the majority vote was as it was and H2H it is

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:11 am
migya wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
migya wrote:

Dunleavy hey :mrgreen:

Don't take this legue as seriously as the other one and by that I mean remember that the redistro wil be evaluated at season's end and has nothing to do with the H2H redistro league. I would have much wanted this as a roto league, not being touched all season just to show a statistical representation of our teams but the majority vote was as it was and H2H it is

Actually, that WAS it..............but Ive cancelled it now (just couldnt bring myself to do it)

Im just gonna leave it all year (unless someone gets horribly injured) and prove all the doubters wrong about my team! :wink:

First up to feel the wrath of my defensive juggernaught = TMC. :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:42 am
bigstrads wrote:First up to feel the wrath of my defensive juggernaught = TMC. :mrgreen:

Great. Considering your offensive capabilities, I'll win 2-0. :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:54 am
TMC wrote:
bigstrads wrote:First up to feel the wrath of my defensive juggernaught = TMC. :mrgreen:

You know what, I still have no idea how to score points (fantasy points I mean).............I still dont know how it works.

From the explanations Ive had, my understanding is that its ranked, so whoever's player had the most points gets a certain amount of points for that, and then staggered down.............and the same for every other catagory.

Is that right or have I got it COMPLETELY wrong? it might that I know how to actually score points I suppose. :oops: :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:02 am
bigstrads wrote:
TMC wrote:

You know what, I still have no idea how to score points (fantasy points I mean).............I still dont know how it works.

From the explanations Ive had, my understanding is that its ranked, so whoever's player had the most points gets a certain amount of points for that, and then staggered down.............and the same for every other catagory.

Is that right or have I got it COMPLETELY wrong? it might that I know how to actually score points I suppose. :oops: :mrgreen:

Well, I'll try to make it easy...

We compete in several categories: points, rebounds, assists, steals, blocks, fg%... The one that has the biggest amount in each category, wins it (except steals, of course). The one that wins more categories, wins the weekly matchup.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:15 am
TMC wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
TMC wrote:

Well, I'll try to make it easy...

We compete in several categories: points, rebounds, assists, steals, blocks, fg%... The one that has the biggest amount in each category, wins it (except steals, of course). The one that wins more categories, wins the weekly matchup.

Hmmmm, ok, I understand that................so you could have the highest scoring, 3 making, fg%, ft% players.........and I may have the highest rebounds, blks, stls.

I presume its a combined accumilation between all players active, is it decided who wins each catagory daily, then added up at the end of the week?

Thanks by the way for finally making me understand it. :wink:

Now y'all know why my teams might be a little off!!! because I had no idea really what I was looking for. :oops:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:22 am
bigstrads wrote:I presume its a combined accumilation between all players active,

Yep.

bigstrads wrote:is it decided who wins each catagory daily, then added up at the end of the week?

Not yep. :mrgreen:

All the stats are added up during the whole week and the winner is decided after the last day of the week, not daily.

bigstrads wrote:Now y'all know why my teams might be a little off!!! because I had no idea really what I was looking for. :oops:

Don't worry, Bigs. I don't really care about fantasy drafting, anyway. I draft guys I like, and pass on great fantasy players that I dislike. That's why I never win in fantasy, I guess. :wink:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:24 am
TMC wrote:
bigstrads wrote:I presume its a combined accumilation between all players active,

Yep.

bigstrads wrote:is it decided who wins each catagory daily, then added up at the end of the week?

Not yep. :mrgreen:

All the stats are added up during the whole week and the winner is decided after the last day of the week, not daily.

bigstrads wrote:Now y'all know why my teams might be a little off!!! because I had no idea really what I was looking for. :oops:

Don't worry, Bigs. I don't really care about fantasy drafting, anyway. I draft guys I like, and pass on great fantasy players that I dislike. That's why I never win in fantasy, I guess. :wink:

Cool, thanks alot man, think Ive got it now..............finally!!! youd think after drafting and commiting myself to 5 teams, that Id actually know what I was doing.

Well, it all starts tomorrow, should be a fun little extra thing for the season. :wink:
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:13 am
I'm fine either way between roto and h2h. In another league I'm in we're actually trying out a points based system. Here are the settings:

FGA (-.2), FGM (.5), FTA (-.3), FTM (.4), 3PTM (.25), PTS (.1), REB (.25), AST (.33), ST (.4), BLK (.4), TO (-.5), PF (-.2)

It isn't perfect, but it returns better results than standard leagues as far as who is performing better in the league. For instance, fantasy ranks Howard as the 77th best player overall but in real life we know is he is MUCH more valuable than that. I think in this system he comes out in the top 12 or so - still not a true value but closer to reality. Over the past years the best performers have been closer to who won the league MVP than in any other scoring system.

Not saying we should do it, but I just thought it'd be worth putting out there.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:56 am
Thunder wrote:I'm fine either way between roto and h2h. In another league I'm in we're actually trying out a points based system. Here are the settings:

FGA (-.2), FGM (.5), FTA (-.3), FTM (.4), 3PTM (.25), PTS (.1), REB (.25), AST (.33), ST (.4), BLK (.4), TO (-.5), PF (-.2)

It isn't perfect, but it returns better results than standard leagues as far as who is performing better in the league. For instance, fantasy ranks Howard as the 77th best player overall but in real life we know is he is MUCH more valuable than that. I think in this system he comes out in the top 12 or so - still not a true value but closer to reality. Over the past years the best performers have been closer to who won the league MVP than in any other scoring system.

Not saying we should do it, but I just thought it'd be worth putting out there.

Interesting. I've never played that type of fantasy league, guess I'm a bit lazy to think a little more right now but definately something I'll think about for next season

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:04 am
JPat and jimbob, I've noticed that both of you haven't set your lineups yet and still have all your players on the bench. You are matched up against each other and no stats have accumalated for either of you

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:28 am
Question:

I keep seeing the stat lines next to players get filled up with infor during and right after games...............but then they are cleared, arent these supposed to stay? so we can see whos doing what in a total sense, or is it just there whilst and just after games are happening?

Id like to be there constantly, so I can see whos doing what.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:17 am
bigstrads wrote:Question:

I keep seeing the stat lines next to players get filled up with infor during and right after games...............but then they are cleared, arent these supposed to stay? so we can see whos doing what in a total sense, or is it just there whilst and just after games are happening?

The line that appears on your team screen next to the players name are the stats for the day. As you change to another day, the line is, obviously, cleared (or filled with the stats for that day, if we're talking about a previous one). You can change the day by clicking on a different one in the lineup line, right above stats.

If, instead, you want to see the accumulated stats, you can do so in the matchup screen.

Hope that's what you're asking for, Bigs. If not, ask again (and I'll call you gay and sh*t like that for making me waste a post)
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:42 am
TMC wrote:
bigstrads wrote:Question:

The line that appears on your team screen next to the players name are the stats for the day. As you change to another day, the line is, obviously, cleared (or filled with the stats for that day, if we're talking about a previous one). You can change the day by clicking on a different one in the lineup line, right above stats.

If, instead, you want to see the accumulated stats, you can do so in the matchup screen.

Hope that's what you're asking for, Bigs. If not, ask again (and I'll call you gay and sh*t like that for making me waste a post)

Jeez..........now wasting a post is gay to you TMC, you see gay in everything!!!..........you need help bud. :wink:

And you may not call me gay because that answers my question and I now see what I want to see..........so thank you Mr TryingtogetoutofMyCloset.

Ps: Its ok man, we all understand, most of us are accepting, free thinking people.........its ok to admit it, we'll still like you. :mrgreen:
PreviousNext

Return to Fantasy League Forum