PG situation solved *EDITED* *EDITED AGAIN*!

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

what would you like for x-mas?

I'd like this trade for christmas
20%
I'd rather get a lump of coal
80%
I celebrate Kwanzaa MF!
No votes

Total votes : 5

All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:20 am
*Edited*
just realized we can trade Williams, just can't trade him back to the nets. dealing a true PG like MW would help this trade come through

note this is for after Monta comes back and the coaches realize that he isn't going to make it as a PG. also gives time for Morrison to prove his leg isn't completely busted and he can still produce.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=3190~308~3039~3410~2753~3016&teams=30~30~30~9~9~9&te=&cash=

Image Raymond Felton

Image Adam Morrison he cut his hair!

Image Alexis Ajinca

for

Image Al Harrington

Image Marcus Williams

Next Years First Round Draft Pick
and/or
Image Richard Hendrix :(

new line up:
PG: Raymond Felton/CJ Watson/DeMarcus Nelson
SG: Monta Ellis/Kelenna Azubuike/Marco Belinelli/Anthony Morrow
SF: Corey Maggette or Stephen Jackson/Adam Morrison
PF: Brandan Wright/Anthony Randolph
C: Andris Biedrins/Ronnie Turiaf/Alexis Ajinça
Last edited by first off on Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:00 pm
Morrison has done nothing since entering the NBA. I remember that one "Yeah, I cried blah blah blah... but when I make it into the NBA, I'll make them cry." I never thought Morrison would become anything special, just a role player.

Never would I trade Jax for that. Belinelli, yeah. Jax? No way.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:36 pm
xbay wrote:Morrison has done nothing since entering the NBA. I remember that one "Yeah, I cried blah blah blah... but when I make it into the NBA, I'll make them cry." I never thought Morrison would become anything special, just a role player.

First off,
It's Jax for Felton
and
Belinelli (and maybe CJ) for Morrison.

second,
is belinelli not a role player? Morrison is a better role player.

third
Stephen Jackson
Mins: 39.1
PPG: 20.5
APG: 4.1
RPG: 4.4
3PT: .363%
STL: 1.26
BLK: .40

Mike Dunleavy (on a bad team)
Mins: 36
PPG: 19.1
APG: 3.5
RPG: 5.2
3PT: .426%
STL: 1.05
BLK: .30

maybe Stephen is a cooler guy, and better on the defensive end, but numbers wise... fairly similar no? If Dunleavy can match'em, who's to say Morrison (who has more potential than Mike D), can't eventually get up to Jackson's numbers (offensively)?

forth
Morrison would be back up Maggs, or Monta not take over the starting roll. again who would rather come off the bench: Morrison or Belinelli?

fifth
Morrison's stock is low as hell right now. if we resign him next summer, we can get his talent for CHEAP man. he still hasn't proven much.

lastly
Rookie Seasons:
Jax
PPG: 8.2
RPG: 2.7
APG: 1.7

Mike D.
PPG: 5.7
RPG: 2.6
APG: 1.9

Morrison
PPG: 11.8
RPG: 3
APG: 2.1

hrmm...
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:55 pm
haha yeah i think we'd give to much. I'm no fan on Morrison (who know's he can be good), but yeah Felton would be good. Maybe reworking this trade w/o giving Jax (maybe al Harrington for Felton Straight up.)

But even with your proposal or my proposal, we should wait and see with Williams, Nelson, and Watson. If all bust, then yeah, Felton is an Option, Especially after they drafted Augustine this year
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:24 pm
if we could throw in Rowell, I'd do it

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:38 am
Quazza wrote:if we could throw in Rowell, I'd do it

:D
Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:53 pm
bad deal. We havent seen enough of Marco. Jack is the soul of the team. Morrison is aiite and Felton isnt rated very highly and is still overrated
I give MC's the runs... drippin'...
~
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:24 am
first off wrote:
xbay wrote:Morrison has done nothing since entering the NBA. I remember that one "Yeah, I cried blah blah blah... but when I make it into the NBA, I'll make them cry." I never thought Morrison would become anything special, just a role player.

First off,
It's Jax for Felton
and
Belinelli (and maybe CJ) for Morrison.

second,
is belinelli not a role player? Morrison is a better role player.

third
Stephen Jackson
Mins: 39.1
PPG: 20.5
APG: 4.1
RPG: 4.4
3PT: .363%
STL: 1.26
BLK: .40

Mike Dunleavy (on a bad team)
Mins: 36
PPG: 19.1
APG: 3.5
RPG: 5.2
3PT: .426%
STL: 1.05
BLK: .30

maybe Stephen is a cooler guy, and better on the defensive end, but numbers wise... fairly similar no? If Dunleavy can match'em, who's to say Morrison (who has more potential than Mike D), can't eventually get up to Jackson's numbers (offensively)?

forth
Morrison would be back up Maggs, or Monta not take over the starting roll. again who would rather come off the bench: Morrison or Belinelli?

fifth
Morrison's stock is low as hell right now. if we resign him next summer, we can get his talent for CHEAP man. he still hasn't proven much.

lastly
Rookie Seasons:
Jax
PPG: 8.2
RPG: 2.7
APG: 1.7

Mike D.
PPG: 5.7
RPG: 2.6
APG: 1.9

Morrison
PPG: 11.8
RPG: 3
APG: 2.1

hrmm...

First off, you cannot compare numbers. Both had a change of scenery and entered a team more beneficial for their game. Jackson defends the opponent's best player. And Jackson adds so much more than what Dun will ever bring... heart, emotion, leadership, clutch. So there's no comparison there... stat wise, sure... but overall? No.

Second, Morrison has been in the league since 2006. He came out of a weak draft. And on top of that, he was picked by Michael Jordan. Everyone knows Michael's history with draft picks(i.e. Kwame Brown). His stats have been nothing spectacular, and even then, we have plenty of other kids off the bench that can play his role better than him.

Finally, we haven't seen Monta play one game at point full time. Some think he can't run a team, but we haven't seen him run the offense yet with the ball in his hands the majority of the time without Baron hogging it.

And just to add a spicing to the cake, this is a great blend of veterans and young players. We have the veterans to keep the young kids in check with their growing ego's and the young players to learn from the experienced. Why break that up? We're in a phase where it's basically get the kids playing time as much as possible and grow a strong chemistry in this squad.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:53 pm
you do speak some truth xbay.

however

We had 28 turn overs last game. 28! I like DeMarcus Nelson, but we need a legit PG or were not going to win any games until monta gets back
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:25 pm
first off wrote:you do speak some truth xbay.

however

We had 28 turn overs last game. 28! I like DeMarcus Nelson, but we need a legit PG or were not going to win any games until monta gets back

Thank you, sir.

I wouldn't read into it so much. I understand, our offense revolves around ball movement, but I don't think Felton will solve much, especially since he's always injured once or twice a year.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:41 am
I think a PG would really fix a lot of problems with the team right now. I finally saw the game (10/17) tonight and we did look pretty descent.

well first things first: either you think we need to find a legit PG or we don't.

If you agree with the former, let's look at whats out there.

-Atlanta - Bibby is too expensive and overpaid as is.
-Boston - Rondo has three all stars on his team making his job easy
-Charlotte - I'll explain below
- Chicago - Hinrich probably a little overpaid, an option for GSW, but 10M is a lot, and he is a few months from 28 years of age.
-Clevland - Mo Williams isn't going anywhere
-Dallas - Kidd? can't shoot, old and fortune. no thank you
-Detroit - Billups is 31, as good as he is, not right for a young team like this.
-Denver - Anthony Carter is 33 years old
-Houston - Alston is cheap but 32 years of age, and not that great
-Indiana - TJ Ford just moved
-LA Clippers - .... I here there new PG just got injured already
-LA Lakers - Fisher is 34 and plus it's Fisher, who doesn't hate that guy (I don't care if he was on our team a few years ago)?
-Memphis - Lowry/Conely- PGs are good options, but I think we could do better,
-Miami - Banks, aaa... No!
-Milwaukee - Ridinour just got traded and who wants him anyway
-Minnesota - Foye
-New Jersey - saving cap room for King James
-New York - Duhon, Pass. I said Legit PGs
-New Orleans - C3PO - yeah right I wish
-Orlando - Nelson's to short, and doesn't seem to be developing well in the NBA
-Philly - Millers 32 and wouldn't move anyway
-Phoenix - Steve Nash. nuf said
-Portland - Blake is an option, not a star by any means though.
-Sacramento - Udrih's game is as ugly as his last name
-San Antonio - there not going to give up the Frenchman any time soon
-oaklahoma - earl watson is an option, but they have no need to trade. OKC just happy to have bball in their town
-Tronto just gave up their starting PG
-Utah williams just got injured and theres no way they trade n e way
-Washington - "He's not a good shooter, and he's not really a point guard, and he's 33" - Hollinger on Antonio daniels.

[I was bored today]

about Felton:
-NBA announcers in the warrior game mentioned the link between GSW's PG problems and Feltons trade-ability.
- Hollinger - "Given that and the fact Felton will be a restricted free agent after the season, there's a fairly good chance that he'll be changing scenery. While he's shown little improvement as a Bobcat, he's still only 24, and one has to wonder how he'd fare in an organization that has its act together."
-He's the perfect age, 3 years of experience, 24 years old. great for a new team on the rise.
- Just like Maggette, He won't have to work as hard here cause he'd be in better company than over with the bobcats. Last year the wacky cats put him at shooting guard?!?! still posted fairly good numbers but his body took a beating cause he was more of an attacker than a distributor. even if he does get injured what's stopping Monta Ellis from stepping in and starting for a couple games?
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:52 pm
bump
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:45 pm
First Off, were suppose to end up better not worse. Didnt we trade this years pick already anyway? and that of 3 years from now? i don't want to be losing picks every year for 50 years.

Plus Adam morrison sucks, and i'll admit i dunno who the other guy not name felton is. So take away giving the pick first of all, and maybe its fair... just maybe, but i perfer hinrich if possible.

Return to Trades