Al for...

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
Starting Lineup
Posts: 661
Joined: Tue May 16, 2006 4:55 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:12 am
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/t ... &te=&cash=

Al for Crawford?

Thought?
Image
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 7512
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:19 am
d1mex wrote:http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=308~165&teams=18~9&te=&cash=

Al for Crawford?

Thought?


No for me..............we need a floor leading PG, not a shoot first chucker.

I dont think the Knicks would take that either, as they seem to be pretty high on Crawford and he is playing more and more, and contributing more and more.

Whereas Al...........they dont really need him.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:57 am
If we trade Al for a player (it could be for picks), it has to be a PG or PF, in that order. Any other player does not fit a need, and it would be more of a problem than anything. We already have a bit of a logjam of forwards and scorers outside.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2869
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:04 am
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:04 pm
1. knicks are not going to give away their ONLY good player.
2. Warriors have enough SGs! Monta, Stephen, Mags (when he was in LA), Morrow, Marco, Azu. NO MORE
3. like some one above said, Al for a true PG or a true PF, that's it.
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk

Moderator
Posts: 5360
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:21 pm
Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:31 pm
first off wrote:1. knicks are not going to give away their ONLY good player.
2. Warriors have enough SGs! Monta, Stephen, Mags (when he was in LA), Morrow, Marco, Azu. NO MORE
3. like some one above said, Al for a true PG or a true PF, that's it.


triple critism from the guy who usually always recieves it. This is a new change of senarios. :mrgreen:
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2869
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:04 am
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:18 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
first off wrote:1. knicks are not going to give away their ONLY good player.
2. Warriors have enough SGs! Monta, Stephen, Mags (when he was in LA), Morrow, Marco, Azu. NO MORE
3. like some one above said, Al for a true PG or a true PF, that's it.


triple critism from the guy who usually always recieves it. This is a new change of senarios. :mrgreen:


hey man, I like a good discussion. I'm fine with you guys dissing my idea's, just give me a reason why. if you guys just agreed with me it'd be boring as shiit. plus I'm too lazy to do Fantasy Basketball, so this is my cheap substitute (gets me to watch different teams).

:agrue: until your fingers are sore (or you do bigs' avatar!).
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3244
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:29 am
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:29 pm
No for me. We have a ton of our own Crawfords, and i noticed he has 3 years left on his contract. No thanks



(but keep em comin first off:)
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 6145
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:13 am
Location: looking down at the Warriors practice facility
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:22 pm
If we were to trade with the Knicks, I would not mind getting a piece of Nate Robinson. Maybe I am biased because of being a Washington Husky fan but I think he would thrive here. But my assumption would be that D'antoni (or however you spell it) would like a guy like that.
_____________________________________________________
http://WWW.GOLDENSTATEWARRIORS-RT.COM
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3244
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:29 am
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:39 pm
bada wrote:If we were to trade with the Knicks, I would not mind getting a piece of Nate Robinson. Maybe I am biased because of being a Washington Husky fan but I think he would thrive here. But my assumption would be that D'antoni (or however you spell it) would like a guy like that.



we're when D'antoni first got to NY, one of the first things he said was how much betterRobinson is than he realised. That said they have a heap of PG's atm
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:07 am
bada wrote:If we were to trade with the Knicks, I would not mind getting a piece of Nate Robinson. Maybe I am biased because of being a Washington Husky fan but I think he would thrive here. But my assumption would be that D'antoni (or however you spell it) would like a guy like that.


If we trade with the Knicks, David Lee is the only guy I want. Of course, he's probably the last guy they'd trade...
User avatar
Starting Lineup
Posts: 661
Joined: Tue May 16, 2006 4:55 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:15 pm
Keeping with the Knicks, a report has it that there offering either Curry or Randolph for Al.

Curry hell no, but Randolph is intriguing. Yes hes fat, but hes pretty productive actually.
Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:58 pm
d1mex wrote: Randolph is intriguing. Yes hes fat, but hes pretty productive actually.


The only thing that intrigues me about Randolph is when he's gonna kill someone. That guy is a nutjob, and also a blackhole on offense. No, thanks. I'd trade for Marbury before Randolph, and that should say enough about the kind of player I think he is.
Last edited by TMC on Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 7512
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:11 pm
TMC wrote:
d1mex wrote: Randolph is intriguing. Yes hes fat, but hes pretty productive actually.


The only thing that intrigues me about Randolph is when he's gonna kill someone. That guy is a nutjob, and also a blackhole on offense. No, thanks. I'd trade for Marbury before Randolph, and that should say enough about the kind of player I think he is.


Totally agree with that............atleast with Marbury, you know your gonna get 7+ assists, given the minutes, whereas with Randolph your gonna get a space eating/shot eating/minute eating/burger eating headcase cancerous tumor.

All Star
Posts: 1128
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:06 am
Location: East Bay
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:12 pm
i think al for randolph would be something to take a look at. randolph would help the warriors really spread the floor. who do the warriors have right now that can command a double team? ellis? ok but what about down low? and he pulls 10 boards a game..give biedrins some help! turiaf would do that if he started at pf but they got him to be backup andris.
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."

All Star
Posts: 3317
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:33 pm
Location: the STACK
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:10 pm
ceddy wrote:i think al for randolph would be something to take a look at. randolph would help the warriors really spread the floor. who do the warriors have right now that can command a double team? ellis? ok but what about down low? and he pulls 10 boards a game..give biedrins some help! turiaf would do that if he started at pf but they got him to be backup andris.


biedrins pulls down more than 10 boards a game. he gets doubled down low (or at least will be once people notice that he's beasting down there). and al spreads the floor on offense way more than randolph does because of his ability to hit the 3 more consistently and at a bett clip than randolph.

if we trade al i think we should trade him for another backup center and fillers (if needed...maybe a guard), that way turiaf can start alongside biedrins since that has been our most effective and best frontcourt with maggs at the 3. if we get a backup center that can play D and rebound then we're good.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Image
Next

Return to Trades

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest

cron