Al for...

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:12 am
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/t ... &te=&cash=

Al for Crawford?

Thought?
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:19 am
d1mex wrote:http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=308~165&teams=18~9&te=&cash=

Al for Crawford?

Thought?

No for me..............we need a floor leading PG, not a shoot first chucker.

I dont think the Knicks would take that either, as they seem to be pretty high on Crawford and he is playing more and more, and contributing more and more.

Whereas Al...........they dont really need him.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:57 am
If we trade Al for a player (it could be for picks), it has to be a PG or PF, in that order. Any other player does not fit a need, and it would be more of a problem than anything. We already have a bit of a logjam of forwards and scorers outside.
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:04 pm
1. knicks are not going to give away their ONLY good player.
2. Warriors have enough SGs! Monta, Stephen, Mags (when he was in LA), Morrow, Marco, Azu. NO MORE
3. like some one above said, Al for a true PG or a true PF, that's it.
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:31 pm
first off wrote:1. knicks are not going to give away their ONLY good player.
2. Warriors have enough SGs! Monta, Stephen, Mags (when he was in LA), Morrow, Marco, Azu. NO MORE

triple critism from the guy who usually always recieves it. This is a new change of senarios. :mrgreen:
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:18 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
first off wrote:1. knicks are not going to give away their ONLY good player.

triple critism from the guy who usually always recieves it. This is a new change of senarios. :mrgreen:

hey man, I like a good discussion. I'm fine with you guys dissing my idea's, just give me a reason why. if you guys just agreed with me it'd be boring as shiit. plus I'm too lazy to do Fantasy Basketball, so this is my cheap substitute (gets me to watch different teams).

:agrue: until your fingers are sore (or you do bigs' avatar!).
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:29 pm
No for me. We have a ton of our own Crawfords, and i noticed he has 3 years left on his contract. No thanks

(but keep em comin first off:)
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:22 pm
If we were to trade with the Knicks, I would not mind getting a piece of Nate Robinson. Maybe I am biased because of being a Washington Husky fan but I think he would thrive here. But my assumption would be that D'antoni (or however you spell it) would like a guy like that.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:39 pm
bada wrote:If we were to trade with the Knicks, I would not mind getting a piece of Nate Robinson. Maybe I am biased because of being a Washington Husky fan but I think he would thrive here. But my assumption would be that D'antoni (or however you spell it) would like a guy like that.

we're when D'antoni first got to NY, one of the first things he said was how much betterRobinson is than he realised. That said they have a heap of PG's atm
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:07 am
bada wrote:If we were to trade with the Knicks, I would not mind getting a piece of Nate Robinson. Maybe I am biased because of being a Washington Husky fan but I think he would thrive here. But my assumption would be that D'antoni (or however you spell it) would like a guy like that.

If we trade with the Knicks, David Lee is the only guy I want. Of course, he's probably the last guy they'd trade...
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:15 pm
Keeping with the Knicks, a report has it that there offering either Curry or Randolph for Al.

Curry hell no, but Randolph is intriguing. Yes hes fat, but hes pretty productive actually.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:58 pm
d1mex wrote: Randolph is intriguing. Yes hes fat, but hes pretty productive actually.

The only thing that intrigues me about Randolph is when he's gonna kill someone. That guy is a nutjob, and also a blackhole on offense. No, thanks. I'd trade for Marbury before Randolph, and that should say enough about the kind of player I think he is.
Last edited by TMC on Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:11 pm
TMC wrote:
d1mex wrote: Randolph is intriguing. Yes hes fat, but hes pretty productive actually.

The only thing that intrigues me about Randolph is when he's gonna kill someone. That guy is a nutjob, and also a blackhole on offense. No, thanks. I'd trade for Marbury before Randolph, and that should say enough about the kind of player I think he is.

Totally agree with that............atleast with Marbury, you know your gonna get 7+ assists, given the minutes, whereas with Randolph your gonna get a space eating/shot eating/minute eating/burger eating headcase cancerous tumor.

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:12 pm
i think al for randolph would be something to take a look at. randolph would help the warriors really spread the floor. who do the warriors have right now that can command a double team? ellis? ok but what about down low? and he pulls 10 boards a game..give biedrins some help! turiaf would do that if he started at pf but they got him to be backup andris.
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:10 pm
ceddy wrote:i think al for randolph would be something to take a look at. randolph would help the warriors really spread the floor. who do the warriors have right now that can command a double team? ellis? ok but what about down low? and he pulls 10 boards a game..give biedrins some help! turiaf would do that if he started at pf but they got him to be backup andris.

biedrins pulls down more than 10 boards a game. he gets doubled down low (or at least will be once people notice that he's beasting down there). and al spreads the floor on offense way more than randolph does because of his ability to hit the 3 more consistently and at a bett clip than randolph.

if we trade al i think we should trade him for another backup center and fillers (if needed...maybe a guard), that way turiaf can start alongside biedrins since that has been our most effective and best frontcourt with maggs at the 3. if we get a backup center that can play D and rebound then we're good.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Next

Return to Trades