Greg Oden... WTF!?!?!?!?

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:06 pm
Jesus can we say Sam Bowie 2.0? I'm watching the Lakers/Trailblazers game and he already got injured and they said he will need an MRI tomorrow... I want to see him do well in the NBA, but jesus, he reminds me of Samuel Jackson's character in Unbreakable.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:12 pm
Who's the guy that drafted Greg? Oh yeah, that was pawno. :mrgreen:
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:14 pm
xbay wrote:Who's the guy that drafted Greg? Oh yeah, that was pawno. :mrgreen:

not only did he draft him, he got him in the second round.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:15 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
xbay wrote:Who's the guy that drafted Greg? Oh yeah, that was pawno. :mrgreen:

not only did he draft him, he got him in the second round.

And he knew it was a risk at the time, but he still went with it.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:23 pm
Ha ha

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:31 pm
well it is only the first game but getting injured already is not a good sign. He couldn't even last the first half. And this was only against Bynum. What's gonna happen against Howard?

at least its his foot not his knee
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:07 am
Man, I actually laughed when I saw the headline about this..............not for him, as I like the guy but just because its so ridiculous that he gets injured 12 minutes into his career. :roll:

To me it looks like a regular roll of the ankle, anyone whos played the game knows it happens and hurts like hell for abit, it didnt look like too much body weight went on it.............Im thinking he will miss 1-2 games.
Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:02 am
[quote="metalface"]Jesus can we say Sam Bowie 2.0?quote]

Funny. Sam was on ESPN First Take this morning talking about his injury problems and how the Blazers seem to have a curse with drafting big men early.

Walton/Bowie/Oden

I hope Oden isn't plagued with injury problems. He seems like a real nice kid with a good head on his shoulders. I'd like him to reach his full potential, whatever that may be just as long as he has bad games against the Warriors.

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:01 pm
bigstrads wrote:Man, I actually laughed when I saw the headline about this..............not for him, as I like the guy but just because its so ridiculous that he gets injured 12 minutes into his career. :roll:

To me it looks like a regular roll of the ankle, anyone whos played the game knows it happens and hurts like hell for abit, it didnt look like too much body weight went on it.............Im thinking he will miss 1-2 games.

yeah, he said he rolled it on the side of fisher's foot, but i think he missed fisher's foot and rolled it cuz bynum pushed him off balance which made oden roll the ankle. it's happened plenty of times to me where ive been nudged and tried to catch myself with bad footing. he shouldnt miss much time, as you said, since it didnt look like he had much weight on it.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:07 pm
E-Man wrote:
bigstrads wrote:Man, I actually laughed when I saw the headline about this..............not for him, as I like the guy but just because its so ridiculous that he gets injured 12 minutes into his career. :roll:

yeah, he said he rolled it on the side of fisher's foot, but i think he missed fisher's foot and rolled it cuz bynum pushed him off balance which made oden roll the ankle. it's happened plenty of times to me where ive been nudged and tried to catch myself with bad footing. he shouldnt miss much time, as you said, since it didnt look like he had much weight on it.

Yeah, exactly, he didnt get Fishers foot at all............he was just coming down on his toes, was off balance and his ankle just couldnt take it and buckled........but it looked like a quick tweak, rather than a full bearing down contorsion of the ankle.

The worst I did it, was when I properly came down on a guys foot and put ALL my body weight on the buckled ankle, I was on crutches for a week, as it was real swollen and bruised, although I didnt tear anything thank god.

He'll be alright.
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:16 pm
poor blazers man. last year they couldn't stay healthy and they continue where they left off this year.
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:44 pm
Oden out 2-4 weeks.............damn, guy just cant catch a break.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:15 pm
He's Yao Ming. He can't support his own weight
Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:35 am
metalface wrote:Jesus can we say Sam Bowie 2.0? I'm watching the Lakers/Trailblazers game and he already got injured and they said he will need an MRI tomorrow... I want to see him do well in the NBA, but jesus, he reminds me of Samuel Jackson's character in Unbreakable.

He will only become Sam bowie 2.0 if kevin Durant is the next Michael Jordan
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:52 am
Greg Oden is BACK..

All you fantasy punks better watch out!!!
Next

Return to NBA Forum