PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:15 am
BOOOO!!!! :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:14 am
migya wrote:Great minds think alike bigs :wink:

That's one vote either side

Plus your vote Mig.............thats 2 to 1. :mrgreen:

Come on TMC, why cant this be different to all the other fantasy leagues we already have, it just adds a different twist to it all, and thats not a bad thing.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:37 am
bigstrads wrote:Come on TMC, why cant this be different to all the other fantasy leagues we already have, it just adds a different twist to it all, and thats not a bad thing.

It can be different. Just not to the point that we cannot keep injured players. I just find it dumb to not be able to keep a single player on the bench if you don't want to cut him, because, if you cut him, he might be gone by the time he gets healthy again, so it kinda beats the purpose of drafting a team.

If you have to add and cut players each time one of them gets injured, then I see no real reason to "play" with the teams we drafted, as there will be injuries during the season to several players, which means that the final rosters might be totally different to the ones we drafted. If every player is gonna score points for our teams, I for sure will cut any single player that's gonna be injured for more than a couple of days.

This system would work pretty well in a roto league, due to the game limit, but I can't see it in a h2h, where the most important thing is to have players producing.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:01 am
TMC wrote:
bigstrads wrote:Come on TMC, why cant this be different to all the other fantasy leagues we already have, it just adds a different twist to it all, and thats not a bad thing.

It can be different. Just not to the point that we cannot keep injured players. I just find it dumb to not be able to keep a single player on the bench if you don't want to cut him, because, if you cut him, he might be gone by the time he gets healthy again, so it kinda beats the purpose of drafting a team.

If you have to add and cut players each time one of them gets injured, then I see no real reason to "play" with the teams we drafted, as there will be injuries during the season to several players, which means that the final rosters might be totally different to the ones we drafted. If every player is gonna score points for our teams, I for sure will cut any single player that's gonna be injured for more than a couple of days.

This system would work pretty well in a roto league, due to the game limit, but I can't see it in a h2h, where the most important thing is to have players producing.

Well, I think the point that me and Mig are getting at (me especially in my post before last)...........is that you wouldnt cut an injured player (unless perhaps he was out for a long time, 3+ months maybe) and as such it would be a real evaluation of a teams durability.

The team with the least amount of injured players, with good production, should win...........if theres a team with high producing players who then get injured, that may be close............but I think the idea is not to mess with the teams at all and just simply see how it plays out.

Ie: If the guy who picked T-Mac is held back because he spends half the season on the injury list, then thats his fault, and why others would have passed on him.............hence avoiding him was a better decision.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:16 am
bigstrads wrote:Well, I think the point that me and Mig are getting at (me especially in my post before last)...........is that you wouldnt cut an injured player (unless perhaps he was out for a long time, 3+ months maybe) and as such it would be a real evaluation of a teams durability.

The team with the least amount of injured players, with good production, should win...........if theres a team with high producing players who then get injured, that may be close............but I think the idea is not to mess with the teams at all and just simply see how it plays out.

Ie: If the guy who picked T-Mac is held back because he spends half the season on the injury list, then thats his fault, and why others would have passed on him.............hence avoiding him was a better decision.

That's why I'm saying that would be a good system for a roto league, but h2h are based on stats on a weekly basis. If we force teams with injured players to keep them, it makes no sense to have this league. I will be playing with one less guy til december (Arenas), same will happen to whoever has Monta (I don't remember right now who drafted him) and the same can happen to anybody else.

Also, there are some side effects if you can't cut players. For example, let's suppose you're leading the league for the full season, and in you first playoff week, two of your guys are out for precisely that week and you cannot replace them. You've lost in the first round because the system is retarded enough to not give you a chance to compete.

I mean, if a team in real life loses two starters, they're allowed to sign somebody else to replace them. Why not here?. It kinda beats the point of having a league...
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:02 am
TMC wrote:
bigstrads wrote:Well, I think the point that me and Mig are getting at (me especially in my post before last)...........is that you wouldnt cut an injured player (unless perhaps he was out for a long time, 3+ months maybe) and as such it would be a real evaluation of a teams durability.

That's why I'm saying that would be a good system for a roto league, but h2h are based on stats on a weekly basis. If we force teams with injured players to keep them, it makes no sense to have this league. I will be playing with one less guy til december (Arenas), same will happen to whoever has Monta (I don't remember right now who drafted him) and the same can happen to anybody else.

Also, there are some side effects if you can't cut players. For example, let's suppose you're leading the league for the full season, and in you first playoff week, two of your guys are out for precisely that week and you cannot replace them. You've lost in the first round because the system is retarded enough to not give you a chance to compete.

I mean, if a team in real life loses two starters, they're allowed to sign somebody else to replace them. Why not here?. It kinda beats the point of having a league...

Ok, well you know Im new to all this so perhaps I shouldnt be arguing with a fantasy vet. :wink:

Maybe Roto would be better then but how would that differ in terms of your concerns with the injured players?............ohh, maybe with the max games played thing? (something Im still not sure on)
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:10 am
bigstrads wrote:Maybe Roto would be better then but how would that differ in terms of your concerns with the injured players?............ohh, maybe with the max games played thing? (something Im still not sure on)

Exactly. In a roto league, there's a maximum games per position limit, which means that you can't play every guy every single game. You have to select who plays on each given day.

That limit does not exist on h2h leagues, which means it's key to play as many guys as possible. As a consequence, you're screwed if you keep injured guys on your bench.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:52 pm
You both mamke great points are basically right, that's why I think we should ALSO have a roto league where we just leave it alone and at the end of the seasonsee whose team comes out on top.

It is a bit late to start a roto league but I can do so and you all join and create a team. We might miss out on one day's worth of season play but that's alright.

Again, guys vote for the setting change TMC stated and also say whether you'll be in for a roto league with these teams and just leaving them alone

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:16 pm
id like to make a point real quick, just my opinion so yall could ignore it if you want...

but having these teams decided by a fantasy league doesnt make much sense to me...it's a redistro league and if im not mistaken you guys drafted based on achievements, chemistry, and personality of the players on and off the court. fantasy is based solely on stats.

ron artest, for example, could be a good fantasy player producing in various categories...but in a redistro league would dismantle a team easily.

also, going back to the point about drafting based on achievements, players right now are in different stages in their careers. shaq is nowhere near the player he was before. he has 4 rings and is an excellent redistro pick, but this year in fantasy he is close to a last round pick.

again, im not sure if you guys drafted differently...and its just my opinion. of course its another fantasy league and thats always fun.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:12 pm
Put me down for both sides. I'm not sure which decision to go. But if we do form another league, it'll be under rsxracer's yahoo because I have 4 leagues already.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:56 am
E-Man wrote:id like to make a point real quick, just my opinion so yall could ignore it if you want...

but having these teams decided by a fantasy league doesnt make much sense to me...it's a redistro league and if im not mistaken you guys drafted based on achievements, chemistry, and personality of the players on and off the court. fantasy is based solely on stats.

ron artest, for example, could be a good fantasy player producing in various categories...but in a redistro league would dismantle a team easily.

also, going back to the point about drafting based on achievements, players right now are in different stages in their careers. shaq is nowhere near the player he was before. he has 4 rings and is an excellent redistro pick, but this year in fantasy he is close to a last round pick.

again, im not sure if you guys drafted differently...and its just my opinion. of course its another fantasy league and thats always fun.

True, Eman, but the redistro draft is one thing and this league is a totally different one. We're not going to prove anything, just have fun playing with the teams we drafted.

The redistro part is over, buddy. :wink:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:40 am
TMC wrote:
E-Man wrote:id like to make a point real quick, just my opinion so yall could ignore it if you want...

True, Eman, but the redistro draft is one thing and this league is a totally different one. We're not going to prove anything, just have fun playing with the teams we drafted.

The redistro part is over, buddy. :wink:

I'd explained this before and I'm not going to explain it again. TMC has put it short and sweet though :wink:

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:43 am
xbay wrote:Put me down for both sides. I'm not sure which decision to go. But if we do form another league, it'll be under rsxracer's yahoo because I have 4 leagues already.

You could always make another yahoo account xbay. I have three now :wink:

Since not everyone has voted, we'll keep the H2H league (with the current settings until enough guys say different) and we won't have the roto league UNTIL all the guys in redistro have said what they think.

The settings for the H2H league will be changed once everyone has said what they think AND if enough guys say they want it changed as TMC proposed.

ALSO - LOOKS LIKE ONLY ME AND TMC HAVE ORGANISED OUR ROSTERS. IF YOU DON'T DO IT TODAY, ALL YOUR PLAYERS WILL STILL BE ON THE BENCH FOR THE FIRST DAY OF THE SEASON

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:00 am
Allocated my team................but heres my thinking now.

As I now look at it from a fantasy perspective, Im looking at the free agent list and I want to make LOADS of changes, because I picked from a team point of view, not a fantasy point of view.

For instance, no-one picked Dungleavy, Zach Randolph, Charlie V and many others because they werent good for team chemistry and other reasons...........but they are all going to have very good fantasy seasons............I wish wed have just done this as a fantasy game from the start, as then I wouldnt have bothered.

Whatever, Im just probably gonna leave this one alone and not bother swapping and changing all about.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:48 am
bigstrads wrote:Allocated my team................but heres my thinking now.

As I now look at it from a fantasy perspective, Im looking at the free agent list and I want to make LOADS of changes, because I picked from a team point of view, not a fantasy point of view.

For instance, no-one picked Dungleavy, Zach Randolph, Charlie V and many others because they werent good for team chemistry and other reasons...........but they are all going to have very good fantasy seasons............I wish wed have just done this as a fantasy game from the start, as then I wouldnt have bothered.

Whatever, Im just probably gonna leave this one alone and not bother swapping and changing all about.

Seems pretty pointless having our redistro teams in fantasy BUT being able to make changes as likely many people will make many changes. Doesn't matter, it's yet another fantasy league for us to participate in :wink:

PreviousNext

Return to Fantasy League Forum