Redistro of current players H2H league

Forum for any fantasy basketball leagues being organized

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:49 pm
Alright guys, as planned we will have a H2H league using the teams from the redistro draft we just had and one eighth team with players placed on the bench, as we had discussed. The details are below so the seven guys involved in the redistro draft sign up quickly as season starts in just over two days. Once and only once everyone has created a team, will I be able to input the draft results into the teams, as they were created in the redistro draft.

The settings are just like the settings in our other H2H league BUT instead of three Util spots we have four and instead of NO BN spots and this so we have TWELVE active positions, corresponding to our teams which have been made in redistro draft.

Please tell me what you think of the settings and if you all want them changed. Understand why I made the settings as they are and it was to provide a better use of the teams we had drafted BUT I will change the settings if you all want me to.

League ID#: 126303
League Name: Current Redistro League
Password: redistro2008
Custom League URL: http://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.c ... stroleague
Draft Type: Offline Draft
Max Teams: 8
Scoring Type: Head-to-Head
Max Moves: 50
Max Trades: No maximum
Trade Reject Time: 2
Trade End Date: March 5, 2009
Waiver Time: 1 day
Can't Cut List Provider: Yahoo! Sports
Trade Review: League Votes
Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules
Max Acquisitions per Week: No maximum
Weekly Deadline: Daily - Tomorrow
Start Scoring on: Week 1
Roster Positions: PG, SG, G, SF, PF, F, C, C, Util, Util, Util, Util
Stat Categories: FG%, FT%, 3PTM, PTS, REB, AST, ST, BLK, TO

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:48 am
Already joined.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:46 am
Thunder, jimbob and bigs still need to create a team in this redistro H2H league.

PAWNO, THIS LEAGUE IS ONLY FOR THE SEVEN GUYS IN THE REDISTRO DRAFT THREAD SO YOU CAN'T PARTICIPATE. SORRY BUDDY. I've deleted you from this league

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:55 am
It says Ive already created the maximum number of teams allowed............does that mean I have to create a new yahoo account?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:06 am
bigstrads wrote:It says Ive already created the maximum number of teams allowed............does that mean I have to create a new yahoo account?

Yes you do. I have two yahoo accounts, each one allowing a maximum of FOUR sports fantasy teams. I just made a third yahoo account so to make the EIGHTH TEAM that we needed in this H2H league

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:10 am
migya wrote:
bigstrads wrote:It says Ive already created the maximum number of teams allowed............does that mean I have to create a new yahoo account?

Yes you do. I have two yahoo accounts, each one allowing a maximum of FOUR sports fantasy teams. I just made a third yahoo account so to make the EIGHTH TEAM that we needed in this H2H league

Jesus, well, Ill get on with that then now. :wink:

Ok, all done, all this logging in and out of yahoo is gonna get real annoying. :cry:
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:49 am
bigstrads wrote:
migya wrote:

Jesus, well, Ill get on with that then now. :wink:

Ok, all done, all this logging in and out of yahoo is gonna get real annoying. :cry:

just let me play in the REDISTRO league instead of you.

YOU SUCK MIGYA!!! Ya Fantasy League N@zi :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:55 am
Only Thunder to create his team and I will be able to input the rosters of each team

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:59 pm
I signed up.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:10 am
Well done Thunder. We can now get going with the competition :D

As always after an offline draft and input of results, make sure to go to your team page, go to the next day and place your players (who will all currently be on the bench) in the positions you want them to be in

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:57 am
Considering some of our guys are injured, and a few of those injuries will take them off the court for a few months (I'm talking about guys like Arenas or Monta), and as we have 4 utility spots open, don't you think it would be better to dedicate two of those util spots to bench players?.

I mean, any other way, we'd be forced to cut those guys right away if we really want to have a chance to compete, because all of our players will be playing each day. And it not only applies to guys currently injured. What happens if Lebron gets injured on opening night and misses a month?. Does XBay have to cut him or play for a full month with one player less than the rest of the teams?

I just don't think we should have all players earning points each day. What do you all think?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:11 am
TMC wrote:Considering some of our guys are injured, and a few of those injuries will take them off the court for a few months (I'm talking about guys like Arenas or Monta), and as we have 4 utility spots open, don't you think it would be better to dedicate two of those util spots to bench players?.

I mean, any other way, we'd be forced to cut those guys right away if we really want to have a chance to compete, because all of our players will be playing each day. And it not only applies to guys currently injured. What happens if Lebron gets injured on opening night and misses a month?. Does XBay have to cut him or play for a full month with one player less than the rest of the teams?

I just don't think we should have all players earning points each day. What do you all think?

That is a good point and I thought I'd covered that a few days ago. The reason for taking the redistro teams to a fantasy league ws to see how they faired stat wise, that's why I made the settings having no bench spot. That's the only reason actually.

I'm more than happy to change it and make two of those utility spots bench spots, as that would make it more like a usual H2H league, like our other one but everyone has to vote on this over the next day

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:32 am
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:Considering some of our guys are injured, and a few of those injuries will take them off the court for a few months (I'm talking about guys like Arenas or Monta), and as we have 4 utility spots open, don't you think it would be better to dedicate two of those util spots to bench players?.

That is a good point and I thought I'd covered that a few days ago. The reason for taking the redistro teams to a fantasy league ws to see how they faired stat wise, that's why I made the settings having no bench spot. That's the only reason actually.

I'm more than happy to change it and make two of those utility spots bench spots, as that would make it more like a usual H2H league, like our other one but everyone has to vote on this over the next day

Then I vote NO!!!

:mrgreen:

j/k, obviously. This league is just for fun, so I think we should make that change to make it more like a fantasy league. The current settings give a big advantage to those that do not have injuries on any given week.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:43 am
I like the current settings..............having it so everyone scores (ie: no bench) and each team would be affected by injuries (thus evaluating who picked an injury prone team) is a different look and one I really want to do.

The simple fact is, we have enough fantasy leagues already, the Redistro draft was supposed to be something different, and this would make it different..............if a player gets injured, so be it, and hey, I picked alot of injury prone players so you know Im not being biased towards possible healthy teams.

To be honest, with this being my first time with fantasy ball, and having 4 other teams to look after, having this one to just sit there through the whole season sits very well with me (also as its on new yahoo account I had to create and I dont think I could be bothered to log in and out for 5 different teams)
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:52 am
Great minds think alike bigs :wink:

That's one vote either side

Next

Return to Fantasy League Forum