1. bada: 66-36
2. xbay: 63-39
3. Mr. Crackerz: 61-41
4. Pawno: 60-42
5. TMC: 58-44

After Week 1 Competitors:

1. RobDIKUM: 49-37
2. GSW_United: 48-38
Last edited by xbay on Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:42 pm
Raiders @ Ravens - The Ravens defense has been damn near impossible to score on this season except against the Colts.

Cardinals @ Panthers - This Panthers defense is underrated. Or at least, it's not getting the credit it should be. The secondary has held the opponent's passing game in check.

Bucs @ Cowboys - I think as long as Brad Johnson is at QB, it'll be a long season 'til Romo returns next month. Especially since he faces a tough defense.

Redskins @ Lions - The chances of the Lions winning this season are as good as the chance of seeing Matt Millen come back as their GM.

Bills @ Dolphins - The Dolphins are still a couple years away from the playoffs and this game is too important for the Bills not to lose.

Rams @ Patriots - Cassell is impressive one week, bad the next, decent after. And I like how hard this Rams team is playing under Jim Haslett.

Chargers @ Saints (in London) - Losing Reggie Bush is huge for Drew Brees' passing attack.

Chiefs @ Jets - Farve is coming off a disappointing performance last week. Look for him to tear this Chiefs team up.

Falcons @ Eagles - Similar to the Dolphins... the Falcons are a couple years away from playoffs.

Browns @ Jaguars - Brady Quinn, maybe?

Bengals @ Texans - Both the Lions and Bengals are fighting to see who's the worst team in the NFL right now.

Giants @ Steelers - If Moore keeps running like he has in replace of Parker, Pitt has a good chance. And if Big Ben can get the passing game going, this is the Steelers game to lose.

Seahawks @ 49ers - If Hasselbeck plays, this game will be close. If not, this is for the Niners to lose. I think they'll come out playing hard under new Coach Singletary.

Colts @ Titans - As long as the Colts can't stop the run, they'll have trouble containing both Chris Johnson and LenDale White.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:00 pm
Sun. Oct. 26th
Raiders @ Ravens – 2 brothers go head to head on the clipboards, it would be a more exciting game if one of them was a Offensive Co-Ordinator.

Cardinals @ Panthers- Panthers keep rolling with the punches, The BUCS-Panthers race for the division will be the most exciting in the NFL come December.

Bucs @ Cowboys- As long as Tony Romo is lined up under the Center, it really is hard to invision getting the production from key weapons such as T.O and Whitten, Marion Barber should keep this scoreline respectable however.

Redskins @ Lions- Clinton Portis should win the rushing title with this game alone and it’s only week 8.

Bills @ Dolphins- Bills on the Road, No problem against the Dolphins.

Rams @ Patriots- If you make plays on Defense and keep giving the ball to Randy Moss then you will win ball games.

Chargers @ Saints- Just because it’s a neutral zone.. I’m giving this win to the Saints. The only place the Chargers can win is at Qualcomm… & The Oakland Coliseum 

Chiefs @ Jets- Fantasy update… If Brett Favre is one of your Quarterbacks start him, nothing gets the redemption blood rolling more then a loss to the Raiders and the Chiefs up next!!!

Falcons @ Eagles- Brian Westbrook & Kevin Curtis returning to the Eagles Offense. Donovan McNabb has never had it any easier.

Browns @ Jaguars- With so many Question marks on the Jaguars passing game you can always sit back and let the ground game win you ball games.

Bengals @ Texans- Texans at home!!!

Giants @ Steelers- Steelers will win, But it won’t be a gimme.

Seahawks @ Niners- New Coach = New Motivation.

Mon. Oct. 27th
Colts @ Titans – Titans running game is a evil matchup for this COLTS D!! Gonna be a long Monday Night for Peyton down and out in Tennessee

Byes: Bears, Broncos, Packers, Vikings – How can the Vikings not win the bye week??? Brad Childress has been worlds biggest disappointment, the purple army needs to regather and recouperate this week.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:12 pm
Raiders @ Ravens – Ravens aren't very good, the Raiders will fluster flacco

Cardinals @ Panthers- Panthers are solid, Cardinals lose by 13

Bucs @ Cowboys- Can anybody say downward spiral?

Redskins @ Lions- Lions gettin worse by the week, skins are decent

Bills @ Dolphins- Dolphins had their 15 minutes of fame.

Rams @ Patriots- Rams two game streak snaps in half.

Chargers @ Saints- another team on the decline, norv turner should be for hire as an offensive coordinator soon

Chiefs @ Jets- Jets are so up and down and they almost blew the oakland game.

Falcons @ Eagles- Mr. Crackerz, which is the better bird?

Browns @ Jaguars- Cleveland is terrible

Bengals @ Texans-Cincy is terrible

Giants @ Steelers- Giants got rest from sleepwalking through the niner game

Seahawks @ Niners- Cut out the DingleBerries with Singletary! new coach has players puking in practice, thats a good sign for some reason.

Mon. Oct. 27th
Colts @ Titans – Gonna be a good game, i see the colts steppin up to the plate on this one.
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:13 pm
Special week....

I will name this week NFl games as "The Rise of Double Dragons"

RAIDERS

49ers

Raiders - Raven....Play hard + Never give up = Glory....

Arizona - Carolina...can a bird kill Panthers... :crazy:

Tampa Bay - Dallas...wow, it's hard to pick this game.But, i will go for home team.

Washington - Detroit...Redskins = Indian native and they respect Lion, so Detroit will roaring this weekend.

Buffalo - Miami...Well, i never heard Buffalo Bills can swim in the water, Dolphin are smart.

St.Louis - N.E...well, in history those patriot always eat 'BBQ rams' when they win the war..

San -Diego - N.O....no Bush No problem said D.Mcallister.

K.C - Jets...Brett favre ' :happy1: '

Atlanta - Philly...i am waiting to be part of 'eagle' just pass my citizenship interview so GO Eagles.

Bengals - Texans...From Tiger became a cats..poor cincinnati :(

Cleveland - Jacksonville...well..i like brwonie... :mrgreen:

Giants - pittsburgh...wow... :agrue: ...home team, babe

Seattle - S.F...New coach = New Era...

Indy - Tennessee...remember the Titans, peyton said ' Nobody cares"

N.B.

Cutler request a week off and NFL approved it, reason 'Doctor appointment'...just eat more Sugar, babe.

Let's rock Double Dragons of BayArea... :D
Last edited by GSW United on Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:00 am
Raiders @ Ravens - Against the Ravens D?. On the road?. It's gonna be a loooooong game for the Raiders.

Cardinals @ Panthers - Now this is gonna be a good test for both teams. Let's see who's for real and who's posing as a playoff team. My money is on the Panthers (even tho I'm rooting for the Cards to prove me wrong).

Bucs @ Cowboys - Close game. Dallas would be heavily favored with Romo. Without him, it's a different story... although Brad Jonhson knows our offense perfectly, so I'm a bit nervous about this game.

Redskins @ Lions - The Lions will win a game this year. Not this one, tho. The Redskins are playing good football and have a MVP contender in Portis. Should be even easy for them.

Bills @ Dolphins - I'm not sure about the Bills yet, but this is one of those games you just have to win, no matter how.

Rams @ Patriots - Haslett has the Rams playing much better than Lineham (not that it was hard to do), but the Pats will be too much for them, even with lots of their players out for the season.

Chargers @ Saints (in London) - Brees will put up his numbers as always... but the team is banged up and playing with a Chargers team that needs the win urgently.

Chiefs @ Jets - The Chiefs on the road are as bad as the Lions.

Falcons @ Eagles - Atlanta will be a tough rival, but the Eagles have to start winning now. They've already lost several winnable games. That cannot keep happening if they want to make the playoffs.

Browns @ Jaguars - Derek Anderson coffin (as the Browns QB, that is) is ready.

Bengals @ Texans - The Bengals season is already over. Wonder what will happen with Marvin Lewis in the offseason. I've always liked him as a coach, he's just unfortunate to be on Cincy.

Giants @ Steelers - Game of the week. The Giants are still the team to beat this season, and the Steelers have been playing really well lately, even with Parker out. Keep running, MeMo!!!

Seahawks @ 49ers - Ugh... Why do they have to play games like this?. Both teams want the season to end. STOP THE PAIN!!!. Nah, really, I'll go with the Niners, who will be really motivated playing at home and with a new coach.

Colts @ Titans - Another big game. This time, a team that cannot stop the run against one of the best ground attacks of the NFL. Sounds easy, right?.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:20 am
Raiders @ Ravens - Flacco not making many mistakes and defense is playing well.

Cardinals @ Panthers - Going with the Panthers in this one as Cards are not too good traveling east.

Bucs @ Cowboys - The season is on the line. This is make or break for the Cowboys. Lets see how they respond.

Redskins @ Lions - GO ZORN!!!

Bills @ Dolphins - Really impressed by Edwards. I did not think he would be a good QB this early in his career.

Rams @ Patriots - Rams come back to earth from the emotional boost of Haslett.

Chargers @ Saints (in London) - Totally different team without Bush. They will have a difficult time stretching the field without the attention Bush draws underneath.

Chiefs @ Jets - J-E-T-S. Jets, Jets, JETS.

Falcons @ Eagles - Interested to see how Ryan handles a Jim Johnson defense.

Browns @ Jaguars - Jags win.

Bengals @ Texans - Bengals will struggle to stop Slayton and the gang.

Giants @ Steelers - This game could go either way.

Seahawks @ 49ers - No Hasselbeck? No chance.

Colts @ Titans - Titans WILL lose a game this year and it is tempting to pick it here but the Colts are just not a good team right now.

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:05 pm
Mr. Crackerz BOLD Predictions: TV/Movie Settings edition

I contemplated on this all through lunch

Raiders @ Ravens - THE WIRE: "I'm Proposition Joe. You f**k with me, I'll kill your whole family. "

Cardinals @ Panthers - 3:10 TO YUMA: I never saw the original but the remake was pretty awesome. Great acting, awesome settings, and never a dull moment. Go Rent it!

Bucs @ Cowboys - DALLAS: "Who shot Jr?" I have no clue! But apparently most of America does, as this was the most watched TV episode of all time (beating out all the Superbowls).

Redskins
@ Lions - X-FILES: I grew up searching for the truth. Conclusion.... "The Truth is out here!"

Bills @ Dolphins - ACE VENTURA: "I found a rare stone at the bottom of Snowflake's tank. It belonged to a 1984 AFC Championship ring. It would have been a Super Bowl ring, but Ray Finkle missed the big kick. Blames the whole thing on Marino. We're talking mental institute escapee. I saw the guy's room. Cozy if you're Hannibal Lecter!"

Rams @ Patriots - THE OFFICE: Although Scranton, PA is technically isnt New England, the rest of the Dunder Mifflin Affiliates are, and therefore is the Northeast.

Chargers @ Saints (in London) - ANCHORMAN: "I love scotch. Scotchy, scotch, scotch. Here it goes down, down into my belly..." Oh and "Stay classy, San Diego."

Chiefs @ Jets - Life on Mars, Gangs of New York, Sinfield, Friends. 30 Rock..................

Falcons @ Eagles - ROCKY: Movie summary in 30 seconds He's jogging up the stairs... injecting some syringe on his buttocks... left jab.... right jab... "YO ADRIAN"

Browns
@ Jaguars - THE JIM CAREY SHOW: Quite possibly the most underrate show of all time... Freaking Craig Ferguson was so funny on that show.. not to mention the stupidity that show brought. Oh and "Cleveland Rocks"

Bengals @ Texans - APOLLO 13: "Houston, we have a problem!"

Giants @ Steelers - ........... Spiderman, I Am Legand, Men In Black, The Producers.

Seahawks @ 49ers - Full House was the most annoying show of all time... until Grey's Anatomy came on. Plus Meg Ryan movies are annoying.

Colts
@ Titans - HOOSIERS: one of the best sports movies ever made... and it was set at indiana university, which is in bloomington, a city close to Indianapolis... k i cheated on this one!
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:10 pm
Standings after Week 8...

Before Week 1 Competitors:

1. bada: 76-40
2. Mr. Crackerz: 71-45
3. xbay: 70-46
4. Pawno: 68-48
5. TMC: 66-50

After Week 1 Competitors:

1. GSW_United: 57-43
2. RobDIKUM: 55-45

Mr. Crackerz went from last place during Week 1 to second place in Week 8 with a solid 10 win week thus far, with one more game to go. GSW took over Rob with a solid 9 win week thus far while Rob had a bad week.
Last edited by xbay on Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:09 pm
xbay, you created a pickem topic right when I split the threads. Oops! Was not sure how to merge them back so I just deleted your other thread and made this one a sticky.

ah, the downside of having multiple mods :(

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:28 pm
bada wrote:xbay, you created a pickem topic right when I split the threads. Oops! Was not sure how to merge them back so I just deleted your other thread and made this one a sticky.

good thing you have a mod forum :oops: :mrgreen:
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:37 pm
JOEL wrote:
bada wrote:xbay, you created a pickem topic right when I split the threads. Oops! Was not sure how to merge them back so I just deleted your other thread and made this one a sticky.

good thing you have a mod forum :oops: :mrgreen:

hush Joel!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:22 pm

It's cool. How'd you manage to only take out the picks and standings posts from the NFL Thread and not include some other news posts and other info like that?
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:18 am
xbay wrote:

It's cool. How'd you manage to only take out the picks and standings posts from the NFL Thread and not include some other news posts and other info like that?

Cuz hes THAT good. :wink:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:15 am
xbay wrote:

Using the "split" topic button. you can select which posts to move into a new thread.

And because I am THAT good like bigs said.

Return to Sports Board