2008 MLB Postseason

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:13 pm
No one probably cares about this postseason since our two bay teams suck, but I will admit that if the Dodgers win the World Series, I'm going to go nuts. First thing I'd hate to witness is the Dodgers winning the Fall Classic.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:11 pm
yeah, baseball is not going to be popular this postseason for me in numerous reasons:

1. TBS for Comcast is not in HDTV... that is a joke. all this ESPN HD during the year and i gotta settle for regular, which BTW looks worse in an HD tv then watching it in a regular

2. Football season is here. Solution? Have the playoffs in august... lol but NFL preseason might still be tough competition.

3. The presidential election is diverting attention from Baseball.

4. No Yankees

5. its still baseball, the 5th best Team sport (7th best overall sport)
Last edited by Mr. Crackerz on Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:34 am
go cubs...go harden

harden's gonna shine on the big stage...most dominant pitcher in baseball (tied with linecum actually)
Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:30 am
Another year and by the looks of it, another big disappointment for Cubs fans.

I still get sick whenever I think of the '02 WS. I don't know how those Cubs fans endure year after year. They looked like worst than little leaguers during that 2nd inning last night.

Whose going to be the goat :mrgreen: this year?

I wonder though if they are content with not even making it or would they feel worse to finally get there again only to lose.

Also, please don't let the Dodgers win the WS. :banghead:

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:33 am
I think they ruined the baseball post-season when they expanded and introduced the wildcard. You live and die with a team like the Cubs all year long and then they lose two games and the season is over? Hell, it happened to the Giants twice with the Marlins.

Every series should be seven games. In baseball, unlike football and basketball, the best team doesn't always win and teams often get streaky. I'm a huge baseball fan but watching a team as good as the Cubs pretty much lose their season with back-to-back loses really turns me off.
StuckInSoCal
(GSW for life)
Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:42 am
StuckInSoCal wrote:I think they ruined the baseball post-season when they expanded and introduced the wildcard. You live and die with a team like the Cubs all year long and then they lose two games and the season is over? Hell, it happened to the Giants twice with the Marlins.

I agree with you regarding the 7 game series. As bad as it looks for the Cubs though, they are fully capable of winning 3 in a row against the Dodgers.

I don't want to get sidetracked with the Giants, but you figure SF is a big reason why the wildcard exists. Another heartbreaking moment, 103 in '93 but sitting at home. :banghead:
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:50 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:yeah, baseball is not going to be popular this postseason for me in numerous reasons:

1. TBS for Comcast is not in HDTV... that is a joke. all this ESPN HD during the year and i gotta settle for regular, which BTW looks worse in an HD tv then watching it in a regular

2. Football season is here. Solution? Have the playoffs in august... lol but NFL preseason might still be tough competition.

4. No Yankees

I have Comcast, and I have the HD channel.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:57 am
d1mex wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:yeah, baseball is not going to be popular this postseason for me in numerous reasons:

4. No Yankees

say what........ for TBS? i cant believe i do not. I have TNT HD, but no TBS. maybe comcast has it different set ups in different cities (which it shouldnt). All my HD channels are in the 900 channels, is that how u have it. I hate concast. they be charging extra for the NFL network, which is rediculous.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:16 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
d1mex wrote:

4. No Yankees

say what........ for TBS? i cant believe i do not. I have TNT HD, but no TBS. maybe comcast has it different set ups in different cities (which it shouldnt). All my HD channels are in the 900 channels, is that how u have it. I hate concast. they be charging extra for the NFL network, which is rediculous.

Yeah I live in the Easy Bay and ive always had it.

Some cities get less/more than others. One location that I know dont get much is Milpitas.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:26 am
d1mex wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
d1mex wrote:

4. No Yankees

Some cities get less/more than others. One location that I know dont get much is Milpitas.

Ditto.

You don't have HD for TBS on Comcast, Mr. Crackerz? That's weird.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:12 am
xbay wrote:
d1mex wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
d1mex wrote:

4. No Yankees

Ditto.

yeah it is incredibly lame. Comcast has a monopoly in my community, which is by Sacramento, so it can get away with having as little channels as it wants in HD.

But yea it blows. im no baseball fanatic, but come playoff time, i like watching it. So im hoping they start playing some games in FOX soon.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:54 am
Guys, any of you who snapped up my offer of invites to that sports bit torrent website =

http://www.sportbit.org/

They are uploading all the MLB postseason games............all in HD!
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:19 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
xbay wrote:
d1mex wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
d1mex wrote:

4. No Yankees

Ditto.

yeah it is incredibly lame. Comcast has a monopoly in my community, which is by Sacramento, so it can get away with having as little channels as it wants in HD.

But yea it blows. im no baseball fanatic, but come playoff time, i like watching it. So im hoping they start playing some games in FOX soon.

The NLCS and ALCS are played on FOX, I think. So if every series ends in a sweep, you'll get them soon.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:42 pm
Once again, no one probably cares, but I'm glad to see the Cinderella story make it to the World Series. Well, I wouldn't call it Cinderella since they were great all season, but they've sucked every year since the franchise started, so it's nice to see a new, young team making it. I'm tired of the Red Sox.

I'll still go with the Phillies, but I won't mind the Rays winning, either.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:34 pm
WORLD SERIES TIME!!!

Anyone going to watch this? I am. Should be a good, long series,
Next

Return to Sports Board