Roto league 1 for 2008-09

Forum for any fantasy basketball leagues being organized

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:21 pm
bigstrads wrote:Well, that was fun............shame Miggy was on auto-pick though.............he'll probably still f*cking win! :mrgreen:

I should be pencilled in for last in this league :banghead:
Got to bed late and didn't get up until two hours after the draft took place and my team is quite a disgrace. Me don't like it at all

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:24 pm
hahahahaha.....

hey guys...u guess it right....

miggy will use this excuse to 'trash talking' his own team... :mrgreen:

hey miggy, looks like someone know u better than anyone in this forum. :mrgreen:
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:26 pm
Don't worry miggy, there is a lot of good players in Free agent....i even kind of surprise there is bunch of good quality out there...just get them...

but not allstars caliber player though in FA. :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:26 pm
GSW United wrote:hahahahaha.....

hey guys...u guess it right....

miggy will use this excuse to 'trash talking' his own team... :mrgreen:

hey miggy, looks like someone know u better than anyone in this forum. :mrgreen:

My team is awful and not much like how I would have drafted it

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:29 pm
first of all, we thought u are in that draft but keep silent.

and when mike Dunleavy get selected, everyone thought it was really u pick him up... ::lol:

ask bigs and others, we all thought u were there... :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:01 pm
To be honest, I've just spent a few minutes looking at the teams and mine is not oo bad, probably middle of the pack, possibly a top 2 team even.

My evaluations and I don't mean offense to anyone:

d1mex - You got the first pick, always a nice thing and did well with CPaul. You then followed up with KG (12th) and Iverson (13th) (hard to believe KG was left that long unpicked) and those first three players are immense to say the least, best first trio actually. Your team is really well balanced and has every category pretty much covered. The likes of Jermaine, Bynum, Peja and JCrawford are somewhat question marks but you have talent that has produced in the reacent past and that is a good sign. Probably the best team on paper right now.

Don't F###K With Me (William GSW) - You got second pick and went with Lebron, obvious choice. Getting Deron with your second pick was somewhat strange, as KG was still available and some others but he is a very good pick regardless. Your PG position is weak somewhat with only Parker after Deron and noone else, that could mean low assists. Offensively powerful team that is well balanced pretty much and could be the best.

Robdikum - You got third pick and to be honest, right now this is probably the team I like least, no offense ofcourse. You've got Nash but your other PG or even PGs are Rondo, never a PG I thought could run the show and Barbosa, not a distributor right now really. Your assists might well suffer a fair bit. You're somewhat light on bigs, inless Beasley can be a real impact player. Dwight, Boozer and Okafor certainly are powerhouses, unmatched at PF/C positions in this league probably but there is noone besides Beasley after them. Artest is a big x factor and you have both SJackson and Maggette, interesting how both play together and affect eachother's game on the Warriors. Right now, has alot of talent but I think a few categories will be weak.

S.F Warriors (andrew) - Got fourth pick, got Amare with it and that was a very good choice. You only have one true PG though, being AMiller and JJjohnson and Roy are SG now, though they will help in assists a bit. That's the category you will be weakest in. Be interesting to see if Anthony Randolph will give you anything but we'll see. Bigs are pretty good but Yao is the big x factor because if he gets injured alot afain, your bigs will be few. AK47 another questionmark but if he plays pretty well, you could even have the best bigs in this league. Middle of the pack team right now but who knows.

Bigs Doesnt Know (Bigs) - Unlucky to get fifth and second last pick but you got Wade and then Bosh so pretty good first two picks. Billups and Devin Harris are your PGs, with a fair bit of Wade ofcourse, so Harris is key, especially in your assists category. Your bigs are iffy but could come out real good if Dalembert and Deng play well and GWallace stays healthy and plays like he did last season. You got TMac late and he is the biggest x factor as if he is healthy, you got a steal and will likely be the best team.

Migya - I got sixth and last pick :banghead: and wasn't even at the draft so I got Dirk, who I wouldn't get this early, but then got Brand, a nice pick indded. I would never get to guys of the same position with my first two picks so hopefully Brand has Center eligibility or I am hindered a fair bit there. I'm happy I got Baron, Calderon and Kidd as PGs, especially Calderon, the most surest of the three. That could be the best PG rotation of all IF baron and Kidd play as they have been. I will likely lead in assists. I got a few question marks in Carter, Turkoglu, Dunleavy and Odom, all of who had very good seasons last season but might not repeat that this season. If they come close or do perform the same way, I'll likely win this league but I think Odom is the biggest IF and Carter is no sure thing as well. Camby was a nice pick but uncertainty this season somewhat. My bigs are pretty good and Horford should improve on his rookie season. Middle of the pack but who knows.

Team rosters are:

d1mex
1. (1) Chris Paul
2. (12) Kevin Garnett
3. (13) Allen Iverson
4. (24) Rashard Lewis
5. (25) Joe Johnson
6. (36) Andrew Bynum
7. (37) Rudy Gay
8. (48) Andris Biedrins
9. (49) Rasheed Wallace
10. (60) Jermaine O'Neal
11. (61) Mo Williams
12. (72) Peja Stojakovic
13. (73) Jamal Crawford

Don't F###K With Me
1. (2) LeBron James
2. (11) Deron Williams
3. (14) Al Jefferson
4. (23) Antawn Jamison
5. (26) David West
6. (35) Carmelo Anthony
7. (38) Kevin Martin
8. (47) Josh Howard
9. (50) Andrew Bogut
10. (59) Tony Parker
11. (62) Chris Kaman
12. (71) Ben Gordon
13. (74) Mike Miller

Robdikum
1. (3) Kobe Bryant
2. (10) Carlos Boozer
3. (15) Dwight Howard
4. (22) Steve Nash
5. (27) Paul Pierce
6. (34) Ron Artest
7. (39) Kevin Durant
8. (46) Emeka Okafor
9. (51) Corey Maggette
10. (58) Michael Beasley
11. (63) Stephen Jackson
12. (70) Leandro Barbosa
13. (75) Rajon Rondo

S.F Warriors
1. (4) Amare Stoudemire
2. (9) Shawn Marion
3. (16) Danny Granger
4. (21) Yao Ming
5. (28) Pau Gasol
6. (33) Jason Richardson
7. (40) Brandon Roy
8. (45) LaMarcus Aldridge
9. (52) Ray Allen
10. (57) Andrei Kirilenko
11. (64) Andre Miller
12. (69) Richard Jefferson
13. (76) Anthony Randolph

Bigs Doesnt Know
1. (5) Dwyane Wade
2. (8) Chris Bosh
3. (17) Josh Smith
4. (20) Chauncey Billups
5. (29) Tim Duncan
6. (32) Andre Iguodala
7. (41) Gerald Wallace
8. (44) Michael Redd
9. (53) Tyson Chandler
10. (56) Tracy McGrady
11. (65) Devin Harris
12. (68) Samuel Dalembert
13. (77) Luol Deng

migyabuttkikers
1. (6) Dirk Nowitzki
2. (7) Elton Brand
3. (18) Caron Butler
4. (19) Baron Davis
5. (30) Marcus Camby
6. (31) Jose Calderon
7. (42) Vince Carter
8. (43) Jason Kidd
9. (54) Hedo Turkoglu
10. (55) Mike Dunleavy
11. (66) Mehmet Okur
12. (67) Lamar Odom
13. (78) Al Horford

Maybe some others who are not in this league can give their thoughts on our team rosters

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:59 am
why a lot are skipping KG is maybe we think KG is not in his prime time anymore and yes he will produce some good stats but not like before...

I wish Deron,and LeBron will help me a little bit in assist....

Oh yeah, someone in other H2H league offer me David west,Tyrus Thomas for my players(Deng,Mobley) i accept the trade without second thought...what do u think...plz don't say he rape my a$$$
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:21 am
GSW United wrote:Oh yeah, someone in other H2H league offer me David west,Tyrus Thomas for my players(Deng,Mobley) i accept the trade without second thought...what do u think...plz don't say he rape my a$$$

Depends on Deng. If he plays a full season, it's pretty even. If not, you got a steal.

I wouldn't have doubted to accept that trade, William. Good job.

Also, from that list of teams, I like Robdikum's. It's true that it's a bit short on PGs, but any other position is really well covered.
Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:36 am
migya wrote:To be honest, I've just spent a few minutes looking at the teams and mine is not oo bad, probably middle of the pack, possibly a top 2 team even.

S.F Warriors (andrew) - Got fourth pick, got Amare with it and that was a very good choice. You only have one true PG though, being AMiller and JJjohnson and Roy are SG now, though they will help in assists a bit. That's the category you will be weakest in. Be interesting to see if Anthony Randolph will give you anything but we'll see. Bigs are pretty good but Yao is the big x factor because if he gets injured alot afain, your bigs will be few. AK47 another questionmark but if he plays pretty well, you could even have the best bigs in this league. Middle of the pack team right now but who knows.

S.F Warriors
1. (4) Amare Stoudemire
2. (9) Shawn Marion
3. (16) Danny Granger
4. (21) Yao Ming
5. (28) Pau Gasol
6. (33) Jason Richardson
7. (40) Brandon Roy
8. (45) LaMarcus Aldridge
9. (52) Ray Allen
10. (57) Andrei Kirilenko
11. (64) Andre Miller
12. (69) Richard Jefferson
13. (76) Anthony Randolph

Maybe some others who are not in this league can give their thoughts on our team rosters

Yeah, I forgot to get any assist helpers, but I do like to take risks in fantasy leagues.
Andris should start speaking in the third person.

"You give Andris round-shaped, orange object to put in ring with string more often, or else Andris break your face."
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:58 am
:mrgreen: ............Andrew just tried to offer me J-Rich for T-Mac................aint gonna happen my man, Im taking the high risk vs high reward route. :wink:
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:15 pm
bigstrads wrote::mrgreen: ............Andrew just tried to offer me J-Rich for T-Mac................aint gonna happen my man, Im taking the high risk vs high reward route. :wink:

yeah...if T-Mac healthy he is a big BEAST..
Rookie
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:16 pm
bigstrads wrote::mrgreen: ............Andrew just tried to offer me J-Rich for T-Mac................aint gonna happen my man, Im taking the high risk vs high reward route. :wink:

Didn't I say that I like to take risks that either blow up in my face, or that pay off in the long run.

Exactly the same style as me :D
Andris should start speaking in the third person.

"You give Andris round-shaped, orange object to put in ring with string more often, or else Andris break your face."
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:43 am

I would've taken JRich, he is almost as productive as TMac now and much more of a sure thing as far as health

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:31 am
MIGGY, im sorry to ask this, but can you please explain to me what roto is? And how it is different from h2h?

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:49 am
migya wrote:

I would've taken JRich, he is almost as productive as TMac now and much more of a sure thing as far as health

i don't know about roto-wise, but i think jrich is much more productive than TMac. JRich has a lot better percentages in both FG% and FT%, makes a hell of a lot more 3's, scores at about the same tip, rebounds at about the same tip, will get more steals, and turns the ball over less. the only distinct advantage in stats that mcgrady has is assists..and not by too much.

i gotta say i definitely would have pulled the trigger, bigs. plus, TMac is guaranteed to miss at least 10 games. JRich has been durable for the most part during his career.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

PreviousNext

Return to Fantasy League Forum