Durant 20k Points

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Hall of Famer
» Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:28 am
Durant reached 20k Points in 737 games, 9th fastest think it was. Durant is an elite alltime scorer and likely will reach 30k points before he retires. Now that he is a great defender he could become a top 10 player alltime by his career's end.

Alot of criticism has gone his way for joining the Warriors but his situation is practically the same as Lebron 's going to Miami. Lebron AND Bosh joined Wade, making it three superstars, Durant joined one definite superstar (Curry) and one not so recognised superstar (Klay).

The Warriors could win their own threepeat.

Site Admin
» Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:32 pm
Yup, he was the 9th fastest in terms of games, and the 2nd youngest behind LeBron...

Fewest games to reach 20,000 points:
499 Wilt Chamberlain
620 Michael Jordan
671 Oscar Robertson
684 Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
711 Elgin Baylor
713 Allen Iverson
717 Jerry West
726 LeBron James
737 Kevin Durant
747 George Gervin

Youngest to reach 20,000 points:
LeBron James: 28 yrs, 17 days
Kevin Durant: 29 yrs, 103 days
Kobe Bryant: 29 yrs, 122 days
Wilt Chamberlain: 29 yrs, 134 days
Michael Jordan: 29 yrs, 326 days

KD will definitely go down as one of the great, especially if he does get a couple more rings.

I'd be shocked if we didn't threepeat, and I'm not sure this team stops there. Maybe they don't win 4 or 5 in a row, but 1 or 2 more spread out after then next 2 is feasible. IMO the chances are good because 3 of our best players are jump-shooters, and they'll still be able to knock down 3s well into their 30s.

All Star
» Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:21 am
I'm surprised that Lebron reached 20,000 points faster than KD. How is that possible? KD was always slightly ahead of Lebron in Points per game until he joined the Warriors and then his average started going down a little. Remember, KD is a 4 time scoring champion and Lebron is only a one time. So I don't get how Lebron got there faster while KD had more scoring titles and was slightly ahead in scoring averages.

Right now it sort of upsets me that KD's scoring average has went down a little. Because Lebron is mostly padding his stats right now. He has the worst defensive rating and is putting all his energy on offense. And even when it comes to assists, his teammates say he just hunts for assists instead of move the ball.

So while Lebron is putting up high and stat efficient numbers this year, he's holding onto the ball more. He's trying hard to get high percentage shots. He's trying hard to get an assist. And by doing this, there's no real team play, though his stat line will look good.

Even if KD's fg pct isn't quite as high as Lebron's, I guarantee that he's not holding onto the ball as long. He gets rid of it much quicker. And KD has been playing great defense. Like I said, he wants a piece of Lebron. He goes after Lebron when we play against him. And since he's been so much of a load for James, that's why James picked him to be on his all star team.