*Random NBA Thoughts That Aren't Worth A Thread Themselves*

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:32 am
I agree and he might pull it off this season.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:56 pm
Yeah, if KD stays injury free he should be the MVP this season. He's kept the Thunder afloat without Westbrook while the Heat have struggled without Wade.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:42 am
How good are OKC since Westbrook went out injured? They look like the best team and I personally thought they'd fall hard. They are real contenders. They've done well since losing their third best scorer KMartin. They are finding the scoring from other players.

Clippers doing similarly well since CP went out. They are much better than the Warriors right now, though we look much more improved roster wise before the season started.

Chicago seems to be moving up in the East since trading Deng. That's amazing after losing their two best players, with Rose again out for the season. With Boozer out of contract after this season, if I'm not wrong, they could be a real location for a superstar like Bosh or Carmelo.

Toronto a big surprise in the East as well. They traded Gay and rise in the standings, another sign that Gay is overrated and even more overpaid.

Detroit is not as good as many thought and I do say that I thought that'd be the case. Though they looked much better getting JSmith and Jennings, both players need the ball too much and are less effective than their numbers show. They are locked down with those two contracts it seems as well. Think they'll need to trade one of Monroe or Drummond to get rid of one of those two and really, if they get lucky they could get a superstar back for a combination of two of those four players. Looks bad there in Detroit.

Portland so improved and look for real, like they are going to be near the top all season.

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:01 am
Granger has just been signed by the Clips and Butler by the Thunder.

Think that those two could make a real difference for those teams, as I do with us getting Blake. OKC could have used another scorer and they may have got it with Butler, as he can score pretty well still, that is if he gets some form back. Clips just added more firepower, as they did last week when they got Glen Davis. Granger, if he becomes anything like what he was before, is a difference maker and the Clips may well have a good chance of being a top three team overall.

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:38 am
Read an article about Al Jefferson and how good he has been this season, helping the Bobcats improve to be on the verge of getting to the playoffs.

He used to be a great scorer before his injury and surgery and again has become one of the best bigs there is. Though I don't think he;d fit with us, a trade of Lee for him would be intriguing, as Al Jefferson is such a great post scorer. He is slow though, but his ability to score is seemingly unmatched in the post this season.

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:31 pm
Another loss for the Blazers and we are just one win behind them. We won't catch Houston but the %5 spot is very gettable.

Also, the battle behind us is pretty fierce. Phoenix has been winning often and about equal with Memphis and Dallas for the last two playoff spots. We need to keep winning to be sure of even making it. As much of a shock as it may seem, maybe Portland could even fall out of the playoffs, as there is enough games left for that to happen.

Miami and Indiana have been awful the last two weeks or so. Both teams look like they are wearing down at the end of the season and it looks bad for their playoff hopes. The east looks even more horrible than I can remember and it has been so for a number of years.

Not much discussion on here right now either..................

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:37 am
0.5 game behind Portland now as they lost in Orlando. That team is falling hard.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:41 am
Durant has had 37 straight games of 25 points… amazing.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 4:53 am
Since when have teams been able to trade a Head Coach? Just read an article that says the Bulls might trade Thibs to the Grizz for players. Doc Rivers was the first coach that I had heard of getting traded by a team. They usually leave after their contract finishes or get sacked.

Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:59 pm
WOW! I just saw this Youtube video on James Harden -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVYJULACcao

That is embarrassing. My favourite move is where he fakes a block attempt. He can't even be bothered to try.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:20 pm
Harden actually played pretty good defense back in OKC. What a horrible defender he is now, glad Houston has that sort of effort player and not us.

Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:16 am
After watching this video again of Harden's defence, I can't believe he was named in the All NBA 1st team ahead of Curry. My favourite series of lowlights from the video are between 2:15 and the 5:00 minute mark. It is hilarious. He's not defending. He's loitering.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:03 am
Yea Curry deserved to be picked ahead of him but it's like that sometimes, like Iguodala getting named to the all-nba 1st defensive team and he shouldn't have, not this season anyway, apparently his first 1st team all-nba defensive team selection.

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:26 pm
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic ... bpT5rKxFlo

A thread from 1998 about one of Jordan's game.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:40 pm
That came out of nowhere Blackfoot. What is your opinion on that post?

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Forum