R Warriors cursed? Success always followed by FO Dysfunction

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 1:51 pm
This reminds of the We Believe years. Everyone was hype about these exciting new Warriors. They made the playoffs. They were on the rise. We almost trade for KG. And den.... downward spiral. J Rich traded asap. Ellis moped. Rowell extends Jax. Baron Davis says f yall. Don Nelson on a power grab.

Here I thought this owner was about winning, was different from Cohan, was all about making BASKETBALL MOVES. As this moves proves, obviously not. Mark Jackson's on-the-court performance and results did not warrant firing by any stretch. The lack of loyalty this FO has shown M Jax I think will really come back to bite them. Players will see that success is not valued in this franchise and will make their own decisions and may have a different opinion about the credibility of the FO when Lacob says "I'm all about winning."

This is not an "all about winning" basketball move, this is a "I have personal issus with Mark Jackson" move.

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 7:50 am
rockyBeli wrote:This reminds of the We Believe years. Everyone was hype about these exciting new Warriors. They made the playoffs. They were on the rise. We almost trade for KG. And den.... downward spiral. J Rich traded asap. Ellis moped. Rowell extends Jax. Baron Davis says f yall. Don Nelson on a power grab.

Here I thought this owner was about winning, was different from Cohan, was all about making BASKETBALL MOVES. As this moves proves, obviously not. Mark Jackson's on-the-court performance and results did not warrant firing by any stretch. The lack of loyalty this FO has shown M Jax I think will really come back to bite them. Players will see that success is not valued in this franchise and will make their own decisions and may have a different opinion about the credibility of the FO when Lacob says "I'm all about winning."

This is not an "all about winning" basketball move, this is a "I have personal issus with Mark Jackson" move.

Unfortunately, you appear to be 100% correct! again! ...sigh...
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 8:49 pm
Give it a few weeks, we can see more of what this FO is made of.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 11:42 pm
migya wrote:Give it a few weeks, we can see more of what this FO is made of.

I agree. I think a lot of people are jumping the gun. I have complete faith in Lacob and Myers. They've already made a huge difference to this team in the last 2 years and I'm excited that they're not satisfied with what has been achieved so far and they're still looking to improve and get a championship team.

Return to Warriors Basketball