Game Thread: Warriors @ Detroit Pistons 2014-02-24

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:01 pm
Golden State Warriors (34 - 22) @ Detroit Pistons (23 - 33)

Start time: 4:30 PM PST @ Palace of Auburn Hills
Local TV: CSN Bay Area
Nat TV: None

Probable starters for the Golden State Warriors:
ImageImageImageImageImage
C - Andrew Bogut
PF - David Lee
SF - Andre Iguodala
SG - Klay Thompson
PG - Stephen Curry

Probable starters for the Detroit Pistons:
ImageImageImageImageImage
C - Andre Drummond
PF - Greg Monroe
SF - Josh Smith
SG - Kyle Singler
PG - Brandon Jennings

Team leaders:
PPG - S. Curry (24.4) | B. Jennings (17.7)
RPG - A. Bogut (10.7) | A. Drummond (13.0)
APG - S. Curry (8.9) | B. Jennings (8.1)
SPG - S. Curry (1.7) | J. Smith (1.6)
BPG - A. Bogut (1.9) | A. Drummond (1.8)
Last edited by krome on Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:27 am
Hinrich torched us after we flirted with the Bulls over him...

Wonder if Monroe will have a similar outing? I think the Warriors looked harder at the Barnes-Monroe swap than they're willing to admit. Without dealing Lee, it made less sense... but if you find a taker for Lee's contract; Monroe for Barnes is an excellent trade for both talent and need. Wonder if they'll revisit it over the offseason or if the window is closed...?

Warriors by 12. Curry ignites on piss poor defense; goes for 34 and 13. Bogut returns, but only plays 29 minutes.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:05 pm
How nice is it to see Blake running the offence? And Oneal is turning back the clock. I think we'll still miss Lee against their big frontline.
Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:13 pm
As good as Oneal is playing, Barnes should be embarrassed that he is starting ahead of him.
Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:35 pm
As I expected, we're missing Lee's consistent scoring around the basket.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:01 am
Haha, I nailed Bogut's minutes (29).

Was close with the score (predicted 12, actually 8).

And I was way off with Curry's 36/13 (actually 19/9).

Few game notes:

1, Barnes is learning the post at a snail's pace. Clearly, he likes to face-up, but at least he's developed that leaning protected shot out of the back-to-the-basket stance. The Warriors should capitalize a lot more when players like Jennings take a turn on Barnes. The book on HB thus far: put a quicker man on him and give ground to prevent the drive. Until he learns to punish small guys (PUNISH; not 11 pts on 4/8), teams will keep hiding their midgets on him.

2, Jordan Crawford is getting all he wants. Both Brooklyn and Detroit let him have whatever he wanted from long range. I'd love to see him quit launching and penetrate more, but I guess you don't wanna ding his confidence. Oh well. When he's hot, he's an asset. When he's cold, he's dead weight. Just seems like he's cold more often than not. I never warmed up to Jarrett Jack last year... And I think Crawford is a similar player. Shoots too much; needs to drive and distribute more.

3, Lee must be really sick. We're talking about a guy whose played without an attached hip flexor, with 2 sprains in the same shoulder, and with a dislodged tooth in his arm. For Lee to miss consecutive games... That bugs gotta be nasty. Cause DLee is as tough as they come.

4, Jermaine's peaking too early. Save this **** for the playoffs, OG! Also, more and more players keep reporting O'Neal (not Jackson) is the true inspirational preacher behind the scenes. Wouldn't mind letting him coach the big men when he hangs em up... Sort of a Ewing/Kareem/Lanier position.

5, yesterday was the first time all year (I think) that I've seen Bogut foul out. Seemed suspect (especially the last whistle), but in the end it didn't hurt us. Hey, they give you 6. Might as well use em.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Return to Game Threads