Jermain O'Neal Says He's Playing Tonight!

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:18 pm

Also, new Twitter BBCode:
Code: Select all
[tweet]https://twitter.com/jermaineoneal/status/430795081386586113[/tweet]

Or you can just use the "Tweet" button on the posting page.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:12 pm
I'm still looking for him...

Jim's claiming he just needs to get his timing back. I dunno... I think Jermaine's done. Outside of a good 2-week stint right before his injury, he hasn't had a great season.

Myer's offseason grade is looking grim at this point:

Iguodala = shoulda been an A, actually a B
Speights = shoulda been a B, actually an F
Douglas = shoulda been a C, actually an F
O'Neal = shoulda been a C, actually a D

Any collegiate kids wanna hazard a guess as to what happens when you go from a 3.0 down to a 1.3 GPA? Answer = probation. That, coupled with the non-production out of Kuzmic & Nedovic, explains a helluva lot in terms of how the bench is so poorly ranked.

Let's hope Myers does better this offseason. Cause he doesn't seem to have much (outside the core) to flip at the deadline. It's looking like depth might have to come at the expense of Lee or Thompson/Barnes. To date, all we have in the 2nd unit is Draymond Green, flashes if Jordan Crawford, and the promise of Ezeli being ready come playoff time. Without depth, you can't get outta the 2nd round.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:48 pm
Speights seems to have done well most games the last few weeks and Jermaine seems much better in limited time, coming off the bench.

migya make the ring fall on ya

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:18 pm
I wouldn't give Spraights an F. He isn't an A or B, but definitely not an F. Agree with your Douglas grade.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:40 pm
32 wrote:I'm still looking for him...

Jim's claiming he just needs to get his timing back. I dunno... I think Jermaine's done. Outside of a good 2-week stint right before his injury, he hasn't had a great season.

Any collegiate kids wanna hazard a guess as to what happens when you go from a 3.0 down to a 1.3 GPA? Answer = probation. That, coupled with the non-production out of Kuzmic & Nedovic, explains a helluva lot in terms of how the bench is so poorly ranked.

Let's hope Myers does better this offseason. Cause he doesn't seem to have much (outside the core) to flip at the deadline. It's looking like depth might have to come at the expense of Lee or Thompson/Barnes. To date, all we have in the 2nd unit is Draymond Green, flashes if Jordan Crawford, and the promise of Ezeli being ready come playoff time. Without depth, you can't get outta the 2nd round.

Hey 32, I've been missing your in-depth analysis so far this season. With the All-Star game approaching, I was hoping that you might be able to do up a 'mid-season' report card on each member of the team(if you have the time to do it).
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:13 pm
Speights with the big game tonight

migya make the ring fall on ya

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:14 am
He did… I'll take it. Even if it was against the sorry 76ers
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:46 am
Ringo wrote:

Hey 32, I've been missing your in-depth analysis so far this season. With the All-Star game approaching, I was hoping that you might be able to do up a 'mid-season' report card on each member of the team(if you have the time to do it).

I've actually been working on one for the all-star break!

I appreciate the underlying kudos, too! Progress reports coming!
Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:37 pm
32 wrote:
Ringo wrote:

I've actually been working on one for the all-star break!

I appreciate the underlying kudos, too! Progress reports coming!

Excellent! I love ya work :D
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:40 am
JO blew up on Crooklyn's lukewarm inside D. Whatever dominant defensive mojo Garnett displayed early in his career is gone now, and I mean GONE. Classic example of years versus mileage; Jermaine looked 5 years younger than Garnett (easy). 23 and 13 in 34 minutes; Garnett was only good for 6 and 7 in 19. That fool should have retired a Celtic (and I mean 2 years ago) cause he's just embarrassing himself at this point.

Jermaine when he plays 32 or more minutes this season: 12.5 PPG, 11.5 RPG, 1.0 BPG, 57.8% in 36 MPG.

Granted, that's only 2 games... and it's heavily influenced by his 23/13 game... but still. His rebounding has stayed steady; when Jermaine plays, he gets boards. The buckets come when he's in rhythm, but the rebounding and the defense has been much more solid than I anticipated. Kudos to Jermaine.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:24 pm
Yeah, KG is sort of like Antawn Jamison. Two seasons ago, he was still averaging 18ppg. then his sudden drop (obviously, age got to him). J.O. playing the way he did the last couple of nights has been fun to see.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:17 am
It's been longer than that, AJ.

Garnett's been below 18 points since 2008. I think, after he won a championship and got interviewed, he released all of his basketball skill into the stratosphere while screaming "anything's possibleeeeeeeee!!!"

Dude has been a glorified role player since then. 15-and-6 don't run the bingo.

Return to Warriors Basketball