Warriors need a point guard

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:49 am
As I suspected, Crawford so far has shown that he is not a point guard and is not the answer to our bench problems. Our bench is last in almost every category. Curry was great again tonight but the guy needs a rest.

Bogut auditioning for the PG job:
http://www.nba.com/video/games/jazz/201 ... index.html
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:34 pm
Our bench has improved drastically since Crawford's arrival.

Give it time, Ringo. The Warriors don't have a true PG on the entire roster, but the players are all so unselfish that it doesn't seem to matter. Our assist numbers are nothing to laugh at. Ball distribution is not the problem; bench scoring is. Nobody has been a consistent gun off the bench all year; Speights, Barnes, and Crawford have good nights, but don't bring the same thing consistently... and Green is good, but he's not a true offensive weapon. Brooks can potentially be that guy, but he needs to refine his shot selection... a lot.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:08 pm
I still think that Curry and Iguodala are great playmakers. Add in that Klay, Bogut and Lee can pass quite well and it looks covered.

What the team needs is to be more consistent on both ends. Defense is the main thing, but the shooting has been awful some games. Be good to see the shooter, namely Curry and Klay learn how to take it to the basket when their shot isn't going so well. Getting to the foul line should be a main thought in such times.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:53 pm
The bench being last in almost every category is due to the Warriors Big 4 demanding so many shots & the Warriors Big 4 plus Biggest 1 (Bogut) demanding so many minutes.

Say for example if Curry needs a breather (our primary shooter) he's shots are to be taken by Klay/Iggy/Lee (one of those guys would still be on the court) & his pg duties will be taken with combo of Iggy/Crawford

I love having depth (which we have) but it's just not going to be showcased as much due to the minutes/shots demanded by our starting 5.

Bogut looked ****ing awesome yesterday (@Utah) without David Lee on the court.. there was more minutes for him & then there was more shots for him.

I am totally open for trading David Lee at this stage because he shows no heart on defense.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:38 pm
Lee is the main scorer on the inside, so he is valuable, though he has defensive shortcomings.

The thing about Bogut that I have seen in many games of the last month or so, is that though he doesn't take many shots, he makes almost all of them, amazing efficiency. The man is valuable and been healthy this season, another reason why I think the team should be doing much better than they are.

Without Barnes playing real well and showing that he could possibly be a starting PF for the team, Lee is a must keep. Only for a proven superstar would I trade Lee and someone else for right now.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Role Player
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:59 am
QUESTION: Who is currently the back up shooting guard? Right now Brooks and Bazemore are in the D league.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:04 pm
Stairway Man wrote:QUESTION: Who is currently the back up shooting guard? Right now Brooks and Bazemore are in the D league.

I'd assume backup SG minutes are getting covered by rotational management between combo guards & swingmen.

Backup SG is the least of a teams worries honestly.
Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:04 pm
It's a legit concern because Thompson needs rest
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:46 pm
Iggy can split time with Klay at sg yeah?
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:49 pm
I was just about to create this same thread before I saw this one.

Yeah my question is what are their options right now?

do we have any draft picks to nab a savvy vet like Andre Miller or like a Earl Watson, etc

(trade for PG)
Crawford
Barnes
J O'Neal / Speights
Ezeli
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:20 pm
Right now, the market is:

Kyle Lowry, who scared the front office due to locker room issues (no joke; this dude would throw a fit if he didn't start. He's sick of being a backup and he's having another good year for Toronto. A trade/demotion would irk him).

Andre Miller & Kirk Hinrich, both of whom apparently have laughable price tags that spooked Myers. Any deal for those two should NOT involve Lee or Barnes and, apparently, that's the asking price (seriously).

IMO, Jordan Crawford's doing fine. He's playmaking more and more every game. Give him a minute to gel before going after another asset for a steeper price.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:55 am
I would love to have Hinrich. But yea, I looked it up. 8 million dollar salary. Doesn't look possible.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:04 pm
He heard we laughed at his price tag, so he lit us up the other night cause he's an emotional player.

But don't let that fool you. Bulls fans are dying to get rid of him. He's on the brink of losing his job to DJ Augustin (seriously). While he's picked it up in the past month, his beginning to the season was among the worst he's ever had.

I'd prefer Miller for the insta-chemistry off the bench, but again, who do you want more? Barnes in his 2nd year, Lee in his 9th, or Miller in his 45th?
Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:29 pm
Steve Blake. Thank you. I'm expecting him to have a big impact on this team(well, at least the bench) as we push towards the playoffs. A savvy, veteran point guard with playoff experience for nothing. Well done again to the Warriors front office for working their magic. :D
Role Player
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:58 am
That was a great deal
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball