Warriors interested in Andre Miller

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:43 am
As Yahoo! reports (http://sports.yahoo.com/news/warriors-- ... 56260.html)

The Golden State Warriors and Sacramento Kings are intrigued with the possibility of acquiring suspended Denver Nuggets point guard Andre Miller, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

For now, Denver management is determined to smooth over the acrimony between Miller and coach Brian Shaw, and plan on bringing back Miller on Monday for practice, league sources said.

The Warriors and Kings have interest in Andre Miller, right, but the Nuggets insist they are keeping him. (USA …
Denver had resisted trade overtures before Wednesday's encounter between Miller and Shaw on the Nuggets bench, and teams reaching out to the Nuggets on Thursday insist that Nuggets GM Tim Connelly still seems committed to working through the issues with Miller and getting him back on the floor for Denver.
[Also: Stephen Curry leads Warriors past Heat ]

Miller is suspended for Denver's games on Friday and Sunday. The Warriors have been shopping for a backup point guard and have been engaged for weeks with Toronto on Kyle Lowry, sources said. The Warriors and New York Knicks have been two of the most persistent suitors for Lowry, but Toronto's recent run of success has made the front office more reticent to unload Lowry, league sources said. Toronto hasn't completely changed course on a possible deal for Lowry, but they're no longer simply auctioning him.

Sacramento GM Pete D'Allessandro was a longtime executive with the Nuggets and has long been an admirer of Miller's. The Kings would love to use Miller as a veteran mentor for young point guard Isaiah Thomas, league sources said.

Miller, 37, had a streak of 239 consecutive games end on Wednesday night in the loss to the Philadelphia 76ers – the Nuggets' eighth straight. It was the first DNP-CD of Miller's career, too.

The frustration that started on the floor on Wednesday night extended into the postgame locker room too, sources told Yahoo Sports. Miller has grown frustrated with Shaw and had recently addressed some issues to him in a locker room meeting forum, league sources said.

Connelly spoke with Miller for approximately an hour late Wednesday night at the Pepsi Center, and the team suspended Miller on Thursday for its next two games.

Doesn't sound like there's a lot to it, but I personally think he'd be a good fit. If nothing else, our front office is continuing the search for that backup PG, and as much as I like Tony Douglas, I guess he's not our guy.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:35 am
The front office best be trying to get this or something like this done all day and night. The Warriors have something going really good here and they really should do whatever they can to add the last piece or two.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:47 am
Who's the Warriors best trade piece?

I'd say David Lee (even though how well he has been playing)

I think Draymond Green, Harrison Barnes & Igodoula could all play minutes at 4.
All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:32 pm
Noone is taking David Lee's contract .. and if he left, we'd have no scoring from the post .. Bogut is useless on offense.

Unfortunately our only real trade piece is Harrison Barnes ... and the trade exception or whatever that things called.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:52 pm
Beast Mode wrote:Noone is taking David Lee's contract .. and if he left, we'd have no scoring from the post .. Bogut is useless on offense.

Unfortunately our only real trade piece is Harrison Barnes ... and the trade exception or whatever that things called.

I disagree with Bogut being called Useless on offense.

He is just an unselfish player. he'd rather distribute, box out & let David Lee who's slightly better on the block then him. If David Lee left I reckon Bogut would pick up some of the slack.

I don't want to trade away any of the starting 6. If it means we miss out on Andre Miller... So be it. (Why **** with something that works)
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:17 pm
You guys are looking at this the wrong way; Miller is clashing with the coach and management. They don't need a tender offer to move him, just an acceptable salary swap. I'd float JO or Speights, with Douglas, and see if they bite. If not, no biggie. But Andre Miller is undoubtably not worth anyone in our top 6; whoever suggested Lee sounds high. Andre Miller has a year or two left before retirement; David Lee is 7 months removed from the all-star game. It would be horrific to trade him for Miller.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:40 pm
Yeah that was me.. But I was not indicating we offer Lee for Miller. My tangent was our best trade piece.. didn't mean for you to presume that the two were linked.. #BadGrammar
Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:05 pm
O'neal and Douglas for Miller would be perfect. I like O'neal but Speights has been filling the reserve centre spot nicely and we're going to get Ezeli back at some stage. Miller would be great for this team.
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:43 pm
We need to do something. Curry is playing far too many minutes and we clearly have no confidence in Douglas.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:05 pm
The Nuggets should be tanking after letting go of their coach, GM and best player from last season. Getting rid of Miller would be a good place to start.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:16 am
management needs to get on this
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:53 am
AMiller would be a great backup PG and playmaker, though his attitude right now looks rather negative and the team has real good chemistry at the moment. Denver wants him gone and they'll take anything for him. Maybe just a future 2nd rounder would do it, add some salary, but the FO could really keep the whole roster close to intact and still add AMiller.

Is Jermaine out for the rest of the season? If so, give him and not have to pay his salary.

migya make the ring fall on ya

Return to Warriors Basketball