I hate to be negative but....

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:12 am
Maybe the Warriors were too confident coming into this season. Every game that we lose seems to just add to more excuses whether it's the schedule, no Iggy, or the fact that the Spurs are still a great team without their big 3. I mean enough is enough. Contenders usually don't have any excuses like the ones we have. Either the Warriors are lagging or they were just very overrated coming into this season. I really think that if the Warriors are a quality team, they shouldn't have to rely on Iguodala 100 percent.

Do you really think they will beat the Clippers on Christmas? Other than that OKC game winner, how many quality or elite teams have the Warriors beat? Tonight proved that there are no guarantees when it comes to making the playoffs in the West. There are no guarantees that the Warriors will beat the Lakers without Kobe on Saturday. That may be a stretch, but maybe not. I mean this Warrior team is surprising me in a negative way.

Myers better do something with our bench. Because think of it this way. We are only one injury away from missing the post season. And with the heavy minutes our starters are logging, this is not looking good. Not with how competitive the West is.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:42 am
Stairway Man wrote:Maybe the Warriors were too confident coming into this season. Every game that we lose seems to just add to more excuses whether it's the schedule, no Iggy, or the fact that the Spurs are still a great team without their big 3. I mean enough is enough. Contenders usually don't have any excuses like the ones we have. Either the Warriors are lagging or they were just very overrated coming into this season. I really think that if the Warriors are a quality team, they shouldn't have to rely on Iguodala 100 percent.

Do you really think they will beat the Clippers on Christmas? Other than that OKC game winner, how many quality or elite teams have the Warriors beat? Tonight proved that there are no guarantees when it comes to making the playoffs in the West. There are no guarantees that the Warriors will beat the Lakers without Kobe on Saturday. That may be a stretch, but maybe not. I mean this Warrior team is surprising me in a negative way.

Myers better do something with our bench. Because think of it this way. We are only one injury away from missing the post season. And with the heavy minutes our starters are logging, this is not looking good. Not with how competitive the West is.

I believe there may be an assumption by the players that if they show up, they will win and what I see is plain and simply a lack of effort out there. They are playing lazy, there is no other way to say it. The talent, at least with the starters is there, but when you don't apply that talent then you lose. Jackson needs to start kicking some backside. Last night was the bottom of the barrel. Last year with Curry hobbled and taking shots, Bogut's and Lee's injury and they took SA to 6 games with their starters in the game. I agree, we have a bench issue, for sure, but this is on the players and coach. Someone in that locker room needs to step up and Jackson needs to do something different. I sum all there problems this way: "Lack of Effort"!!

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:47 am
The team is losing close games and really misses Jack, especially at the end of games, right now.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:15 pm
The team definately has disappointed and deserves any criticism they are getting. Too much talent and proven ability to not be in the top 5 in the West right now. Unless the team starts winning and is a good ten games above 50% by the end of January, MJackson has to be seen as a question mark as coach. He has done well but right now he has to get the guys going and inspire them.

I personally am very disappointed and think that if the team doesn't win at least 50 games this season, a coaching change is merited because it has just been another chapter in a very long disappointing franchise history of the last three decades at least. This can be easily changed but heart and soul is needed.

migya make the ring fall on ya

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:37 pm
uptempo wrote:The team is losing close games and really misses Jack, especially at the end of games, right now.

After the last two games and with the Clippers tonight, it is getting a little better. As to Jack not being there, I agree, it is a problem. Curry is looking tired from to many minutes, which may be why his shot is off, they cannot rest him enough. Jack was good coming in and keeping it going and keeping Curry fresh and right now he looks worn out. They have got to make a move for a PG to back up Curry and soon. If this keeps going, Curry will be done in February or March.

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:41 am
blue & gold wrote:
uptempo wrote:The team is losing close games and really misses Jack, especially at the end of games, right now.

After the last two games and with the Clippers tonight, it is getting a little better. As to Jack not being there, I agree, it is a problem. Curry is looking tired from to many minutes, which may be why his shot is off, they cannot rest him enough. Jack was good coming in and keeping it going and keeping Curry fresh and right now he looks worn out. They have got to make a move for a PG to back up Curry and soon. If this keeps going, Curry will be done in February or March.

Assuming the roster stays, as is, the one thing that the team can do to improve its chances in close games is to improve its free throw shooting. Every starter, every player on the floor who is in the game in the 4th quarter, should all be hitting 75% of their free throws. There is no excuse for anything less than that. This one is collectively on both the players as well as the coaches.

On a really positive note, I am beginning to see Klay Thompson possibly being the "end-of-the-game-guy;" he can spot up for the shot, move away from the ball while brushing his defender off of picks to get open, as well as drive to the hoop and post up smaller defenders. The kid also hits his free throws.

Rookie
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:11 pm
uptempo wrote:
blue & gold wrote:

Assuming the roster stays, as is, the one thing that the team can do to improve its chances in close games is to improve its free throw shooting. Every starter, every player on the floor who is in the game in the 4th quarter, should all be hitting 75% of their free throws. There is no excuse for anything less than that. This one is collectively on both the players as well as the coaches.

On a really positive note, I am beginning to see Klay Thompson possibly being the "end-of-the-game-guy;" he can spot up for the shot, move away from the ball while brushing his defender off of picks to get open, as well as drive to the hoop and post up smaller defenders. The kid also hits his free throws.

I agree about Klay. I thought he was simply a shooter when he came into the league and probably was. He has grown and made tremendous strides. He is getting short shots inside the free throw line, going to basket and both scoring and creating and playing defense. He can shoots threes but everyone knew that anyway. A game like last night was great. Starters got a lot of rest and the bench didn't give it away. I agree about the FT, some to get better at them. I am surprised that Iggy is such a poor shooter, given his shots on the floor.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:14 pm
The trade-off of the starting lineup is FT's for defense. Your two stoppers (Dre outside, Boges inside) are both abysmal at the line. This presents a problem at the end of games; as we saw on Christmas. Jackson, to his credit, has used end-of-quarter stops brilliantly to swap lineups, but brain farts (like Thompson feeding Iguodala in an obvious foul situation) cannot become regular occurrences.

As long as this team is healthy, I have a lot if faith in it. Iguodala's uncharacteristic injury unfortunately came amidst the Warriors' heavy road start to the season. As with every team he's been on, Iguodala turns our squad into something much deadlier when he's in the game.

Who else has been wowed by Draymond Green's vast improvement?? Particularly from long range!
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Role Player
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:50 pm
Yeah, Green has shot as many 3's this season as Barnes. Who would've thought that when they were drafted?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:31 pm
I really hope we keep Green for 15 years. Career Warrior. You can just tell this guy will have a Kurt Thomas style 18-year career as a viable bench role player.

Everyone else (Thompson, Barnes, Ezeli) you sell high, but Green strikes me as a guy who will only get better. The Kinda guy who will establish a career high in rebounds in his 9th season.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:44 pm
I agree 32… he just seems to be playing better and is such a hard worker. His last 3 games have been fun to watch
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:03 pm
Barnes has been surprisingly average, not the improvement I thought he would have. Maybe starting him for a few games and having Klay come off the bench could kick start him.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:05 pm
The bench is still a joke and I cannot remember a player more out of control and spastic on the court as Jordan Crawford.
This season is not a flop.

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:31 pm
loyaltyisacurse wrote:The bench is still a joke and I cannot remember a player more out of control and spastic on the court as Jordan Crawford.

Yeah, but we knew that going in.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:36 pm
Blackfoot wrote:
loyaltyisacurse wrote:The bench is still a joke and I cannot remember a player more out of control and spastic on the court as Jordan Crawford.

Yeah, but we knew that going in.

He played well against the Clippers the night before last.

He's not a starter. You guys can't expect him to be that consistent. He's a high-risk, high-reward player. When he's got it rolling, he's terrific. When he's cold, he can't shoot himself out of it and needs to be benched.
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball