Mark Jackson is a garbage coach

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:17 pm
Never adjusts. He just got punked by a real coach rollin' with his B freaking team. Try being a coach instead of a best friend.
This season is not a flop.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:54 pm
I'm not sure what's wrong with this team. We can't blame injuries when we get beaten by the Spurs bench mob. Barnes hasn't been good this season. Certainly not the 6th man that I expected. Maybe it is time we traded for a real point guard for the 2nd unit. Our turnovers are out of control.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:30 am
Lionel Hollins anyone?

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:54 am
Pop's "B-team" isn't really a B-team.

And we lead the league in scoring out of a time out (per possession.) Don't overreact to one play. If this 14-13 stretch happened at any other point in the league we wouldn't even blink.

We'll be fine and we will go on a run at some point.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:21 pm
It's been two months so far and the team is barely 50% and not even in a playoff spot. Injuries are not to blame, effort and inspiration certainly seems like it.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:25 am
Nothing makes a the Warriors fan base feel then owning the Lakeshow!!!

Won some money on the Warriors & Clippers tonight in a parlay.. Happy Days.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:37 pm
Ridiculous post.

Mark Jackson is in his 3rd year. He turned the defensive culture of this team around before Bogut or Iggy arrived. He's appointed clear roles to all of his guns. He's turned Steph Curry into a bona fide superstar and made Klay Thompson look better than he really is. The Warriors are set for the next 5 years.

Jackson out-coached the reigning Coach of the Year in the playoffs and got his 6 seed past a top 3 before running into the Poppovich machine (but not before taking them to 6; something LA and Memphis failed to do). Get some realistic expectations bro.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:10 pm
32 wrote:Ridiculous post.

Mark Jackson is in his 3rd year. He turned the defensive culture of this team around before Bogut or Iggy arrived. He's appointed clear roles to all of his guns. He's turned Steph Curry into a bona fide superstar and made Klay Thompson look better than he really is. The Warriors are set for the next 5 years.

Jackson out-coached the reigning Coach of the Year in the playoffs and got his 6 seed past a top 3 before running into the Poppovich machine (but not before taking them to 6; something LA and Memphis failed to do). Get some realistic expectations bro.

Great post. I agree with you, 100%!
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:14 pm
ya same. it's hard to discount a coach who got you to the playoffs and gave the Spurs a run for the $ without David Lee. He changed the philosophy on court, and have gotten everyone to buy in and has nurtured good team chemistry on and off the court. Of course the players deserve the most credit because this team has talent. but like Lacob, he should be credited somewhat for the amazing transformation of a franchise that had gotten used to being the league's doormat, to potential contenders for a title. but yeah, he's not above criticism, more so to do with his rotations and sometimes being slow to adjust to what's happening on the court. (spurs series was a trainwreck for that). but I realize he's still a young coach and still improving. hardly "garbage" which is just hyperbole. key is that hes improving and key is this team will be a playoff team once again.

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:28 am
Also, it is too early in a young season to make blanket statements about this team, its front office, its coaching staff, and its players. The team plays in a competitive Western Conference, has a roster that is filled with complimentary players who all seem to know as well as accept their individual roles (a sign of good coaching), and should be poised to make a nice run in the playoffs.

If I had any complaint/concern, it is mostly how David Lee is being utilized on the offensive end of the floor. I am not a big fan of him playing on the block and would rather see him either on the wing (where he can usually drive by a larger and slower defender) or cutting to the basket while he is moving away from the ball (he is very effective in doing this).

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:27 pm
Loyaltyisacurse, Can you give us some qualities that Jackson is lacking in your mind? I know you posted this after the loss to the Spurs, but remember the Heat should have lost to the Spurs B-team as well last season, and they ended up winning it all.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:36 pm
I stand by my original post.

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:33 pm
Okay.

Well, I will just keep enjoying the elite defensive schemes and the clever offense plays we run. You can have a scapegoat.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:14 pm
For real.

Dude's winning percentage has risen all 3 years he's been in the league. The Warriors are winning games at a 60% clip. Pretty tough to formulate a convincing argument that Jackson isn't doing his job.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Return to Warriors Basketball