Dubs bench

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:46 pm
migya wrote:
Blackfoot wrote:Maybe Lee, but I think it's a rule of thumb you don't trade cheap young talent under club control for depth.

Have to say it's a rule of thumb to not trade a starter, especially an allstar caliber big for just depth!

The team has six very good core players and that's huge. Douglas seems good enough as a backup, same thing as Speights, who has been rather awful so far and can only get better. Jermaine has been solid, as has DGreen and Ezeli is yet to come back. The team is built well.

Nuggets did it and they were actually able to make moves to make them a better team. It all fell apart for other reasons, but trading an All-Star player certainly wasn't why.

It all depends on the offer
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:33 am
Blackfoot wrote:
migya wrote:
Blackfoot wrote:Maybe Lee, but I think it's a rule of thumb you don't trade cheap young talent under club control for depth.

Have to say it's a rule of thumb to not trade a starter, especially an allstar caliber big for just depth!

The team has six very good core players and that's huge. Douglas seems good enough as a backup, same thing as Speights, who has been rather awful so far and can only get better. Jermaine has been solid, as has DGreen and Ezeli is yet to come back. The team is built well.

Nuggets did it and they were actually able to make moves to make them a better team. It all fell apart for other reasons, but trading an All-Star player certainly wasn't why.

It all depends on the offer

Very rare to get an offer that actually improves your team. The only player on the roster right now that might actually make it a better situation with him getting traded and a couple of good players obtained in return is Lee. That's to get Barnes at starting PF and that is somewhat a risk full time, as he is a SF.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Role Player
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:06 am
Man the Warriors need to do something. their lack of bench is costing us injuries.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:10 am
We can't do anything about injuries. That's just bad luck. Every team goes through this. Hopefully by the time the playoffs come around we'll have everyone fit and healthy.
Role Player
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:47 am
This is just crazy. Dubs need to do something fast. They need another point guard. Man we really missed out on Jack.
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:12 pm
We need to find a way to get Kyle Lowry in a Warriors uniform.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:56 pm
Well we need something. Because something is seriously off with the Dubs. I don't mean to overreact here, I don't. But I've heard we've had a hard schedule, injuries, and a lot of road games. But with our talent, come on, we gotta put the Bobcats away. When does it become time to panic? Hopefully they will start turning it around. As of right now I don't see us as a top 4 seed, not if we keep playing like this.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:33 am
Warriors played a league-high 64% of their first 22 games on the road (14 total, including 8 different cities in the past 8 road games). They're still 2 games over .500 and their schedule becomes laughably home heavy around the time Iggy returns. Despite the travel and physical rigors, Bogut & Curry's ankles have held at 100%, Thompson has escaped his sophomore slump from last year, and Jermaine O'Neal has been twice the addition I thought he'd be. The only disappointment thus far has been Speights. Now is not the time to panic.

And we're not getting Lowry. He's a starting point guard and I doubt management is willing to trade a starter for him.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:54 pm
Speights fukken stinks.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Role Player
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:26 am
We really need some more punch off the bench. That's the problem with putting 5 studs in your starting line up. But then once they come out, if they haven't built a lead, that's what a good bench does, they give you a punch. Now, they don't have anyone on the bench giving them that punch. Guys like Bazemore and Nedo just can't add anything much for us. Do you see Myers making a deal soon? I mean the Warriors need someone like a Nick Young or someone that will give us some energy or momentum.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:48 am
Think the likes of Green, Douglas and Speights should be more than enough, they just need a kick in the arse. Having six top players like we have should be enough to be a top 10 nba team at least.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Role Player
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:51 am
Speights has been pretty good of late since he's been playing centre. We need a point guard on the bench.
Role Player
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:17 am
Would we better if Lee came off the bench? That way we could experiment with Barnes at the 4 for limited minutes? We haven't seen Barnes at the 4 much this year and let's not forget that is what made Barnes get going last year. He had a great niche at the 4 spot.

And doing that would allow us to have a pretty good bench with Lee and Ezeli, or even Jermaine when he comes back. Our shooting guard spot is questionable but Douglas, Green, Lee, and Oneal/ Ezeli doesn't seem too bad. And Barnes could be maximizing his talent that way. I mean Barnes was supposed to fill in partially for Landry but hasn't gotten the opportunity.

Or why don't we have both Lee and Thompson come off the bench when O'neal and Ezeli comes back?

This would maximize the time we have with all our players. We have a stuffed starting line up and that's okay, but not at the expense of our bench.

I'm proposing a line up of...

Curry, Douglas
Iguodala, Thompson
Green,
Barnes, Lee
Bogut, O'neal, Ezeli

We might not build big leads this way early on, but we'd be steady the whole game and really good on defense to start the game. Consistent ball movement and shots too. It would give us a real good starting line up along with a great bench. Plus, I think it would allow us to play more as a team, players would develop better chemistry. I'm not saying this is a perfect idea, but if we can't acquire any super bench players like Jack or Landry, what options do we have?
Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:18 pm
I see what you're trying to do Stairway but I don't agree. Barnes is hardly making any impact against other bench players so he doesn't deserve to start over any of our starting 5. Our starting 5 has played pretty well this season. I just think that Curry is missing Jack to do the ball handling. Like 8th said, if we could somehow jag Lowry or another PG without losing any of our starting 5, I'd do it. O'Neal, Douglas, Speights, Bazemore and even Green are all expendable.
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:43 am
The last two games, the Dubs' bench has looked excellent! The ball movement and decision making last night against the Clips was exactly what we've been waiting to see from this unit. Crawford looks like the legit backup PG we’ve been lacking since Jack, and his play opens up Barnes and Speights (who’s been nice). I really hope we get to the point where we can lean on this unit to pull us up when the starters aren't finding their shots. Barnes looking to cut to the rim without the ball is a thing of beauty, but what's better is when the other guys are seeing the same thing.

I know it’s a small sample size, and feel free to drag me back down to Earth, but I’m very optimistic right now.

PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball