Are the Warriors playing Memphis the wrong way?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:53 pm
Gasol is not a good match up for Bogut because he goes out and hits the 15 foot jumpers. And you saw how Randolph pounds Lee inside. But when they switched up and had Bogut guard Randolph, it made Randolph a lot more uncomfortable. Randolph is much shorter than Bogut and he cannot post bogut up. The only way Randolph can go 1 on 1 against Bogut is by making a tough spin around shot.

And Gasol was a little less effective with Lee on him. Lee can go out 15 feet. And Gasol is not extremely dominant posting up. So might as well not waste Bogut on him. They went to this match up in the 4th, but the 3rd quarter killed us.

The other option according to Fitz would be to double team Randolph, since he's not a great passer.

Also, the Warriors have a hard time playing their style against Memphis. Memphis gets them trapped into their game. Somehow they need to figure this out.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:51 am
I agree a fair bit on this one. Either switch Lee onto MGasol and Bogut onto ZRand and/or double ZRand, who indeed is much more of a scorer than passer. I also think the guards and slashers of the team should take it to MGasol alot. I think he'd foul alot and have to sit.

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:32 pm
Doubling, to me, would be the better option. Make someone liek Prince beat us.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Return to Warriors Basketball