After 2 Weeks, where do you rank GSW in the West?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:08 am
After 8-10 games for most teams, it is time to see where teams rank, specifically the warriors.

Where do the warriors rank the the West? In the NBA?

My opinion is that they have done enough to merit a #2 ranking in the west (spurs being #1). I do think they can survive against Minnesota, LAC, OKC, and Portland based on what I have seen in the first couple weeks. I have them at a #4 ranking overall in the NBA (Pacers #1, obviously, and Heat #3, because they are the Heat).

Thoughts?
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:26 pm
http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/powerrankings

these expectations are starting to scare me
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Role Player
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:38 pm
They are definitely top 4 in the NBA as of now. But if they stay healthy, I think they can be as good as any of the other top teams if not better. Iggy says they can mesh even better. Now let's win 2 games against Utah. Do NOT let those games slip!

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:23 am
They completely exceeded my expectations. I thought people were wrong when they said we were contenders. We are contenders. Crazy. Top Five team.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:31 am
I feel that our roster is better than Indiana's but they are getting a lot of hype now with their 9 and 0 record. It disgusts me how they feel they are better than Miami already. They need to prove it first before talking. Their fans on the radio tonight had a lot of animosity towards Miami and said they want the series back.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:37 pm
Granger will be coming back soon… so having him off the bench will only strengthen the pacers… but they are a Hibbert or George injury away back to mediocrity
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:48 am
To be realistic, up to today, the day I'm writing this, think the team is about equal with the Clips for #3 in the West. Spurs are hot as usual and OKC look great again and I think they'll continue this way all season. A very good test for the team quite early on not having Curry and also Douglas and Jermaine, who by the way, does anone know how long Jermaine is out for?

I think the team has everything to prove this season and that's a good thing for this relatively young team, prove how good you really are and setup the next few years. I'd like to see close to full health for most of the season from here on out, but without Curry especially it allows the likes of Iguodala, Klay and Barnes to have more of the ball and show that they can handle it. I also think that it would be a good thing to employ a plan of sitting one of the big six players we have for most of the game against the real bad teams. Play that one chosen guy if the team isn't doing good that game but otherwise, play him hardly at all or have him take that game off. Could work for Bogut especially if fatigue and/or little injuries set in.

migya make the ring fall on ya

Return to Warriors Basketball