Will Klay lead the team in points?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:28 pm
After his 38point performance last night, this could be a legitimate question. Obviously, Klay can be streaky, but he was always known as a scorer even in college.

Thoughts?
Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:18 pm
He could with Curry drawing most of the attention from the defence but I don't think he will. I don't think he is consistent enough. I'd expect Curry to again be averaging around 23ppg at the end of the season with Lee and Klay around the 18ppg mark. I'm hoping that Barnes' scoring will really improve this season from the bench and be averaging around 15ppg to take up some of the scoring that Jack provided last season.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:50 pm
Klay will have games like that with his shooting being hot sometimes and Curry and the others being the focus of other teams' defenses. What I'm after is good shooting percentages, very good defense and improvement allround from Klay.

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:30 pm
I bet Klay can crack a 550 TS percentage this year and Curry a 595 TS percentage.
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:43 am
Klay is ballin right now. I think last year, it was really hard to decide between Barnes and Thompson in terms of who you'd rather keep. Right now, I know Barnes is hurt, but holy crap is Thompson playing really good basketball. He definitely has improved on making baskets around rim. His defense looked like it may have improved too. His shooting, as always, has been on point. His post game looks tremendous as well.

We're not in danger of losing either of the two. It's actually really good that we'll have both of them locked up for a long time, but there is a couple of things we'll have to consider. If he keeps going at this rate, we're going to have to pay him a lot of money. Also, he's making it really hard for Mark Jackson to move him to the bench after Barnes comes back. Thompson is probably by far the better scorer, and we need that because our bench has looked very shaky to say the least. What do we do?! I'm glad I'm not Mark Jackson, man.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Rookie
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:08 pm
I too can't see MJax moving Klay to the bench, not now, even w/ Barnes coming back. This first unit have something good going, everyone is ready to play from the start and there is a flow going with this starting 5.

I'm excited to have another weapon but I see our second unit working pretty well now that everyone is getting familiar with their roles. So far even the second unit is exceeding my expectation with TD, Bazemore, Green, Speights.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:10 pm
Barnes could be the bench captain. He will be forced to take command. When he's playing with other good shooters, he can shy away. So this might be good training for Barnes. I'm thinking he will eventually become our Carl Landry, and a more dynamic one with a higher ceiling who can also play the 3.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:08 am
I think my mind is changing on the Klay issue. I always wanted him to be that 6th man, Manu Ginobili role for us, because I know Barnes isn't a leader yet. I see confidence in Klay.

But he is playing so good not to start him. Who knows… only time will tell. No problem about what if's until the situation arises.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:06 am
Man, I'm so proud of Klay. He's been our best player this far and it's not close. The guy is going to be a top 3 shooting guard if he keeps this up.

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:43 pm
Klay has really improved his offensive game.

Last year, he looked like he'd flatlined as a spot shooter most comfortable lobbing corner 3's and getting points off draw coverage for Lee and Curry.

This year, he's getting to the line. He's posting up. He's using his pump fake and taking players off the dribble. These are all tricks Klay Thompson didn't utilize last season.

But is he gonna outscore Stephen Curry? Over 75 more games? I can't see it.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:00 pm
32 wrote:Klay has really improved his offensive game.

Last year, he looked like he'd flatlined as a spot shooter most comfortable lobbing corner 3's and getting points off draw coverage for Lee and Curry.

This year, he's getting to the line. He's posting up. He's using his pump fake and taking players off the dribble. These are all tricks Klay Thompson didn't utilize last season.

But is he gonna outscore Stephen Curry? Over 75 more games? I can't see it.

He's been our best player this far. You forgot that he's finishing at the rim too! It's so great to see. He has definitely made improvements in his game; that can not be debated.

If he keeps this up, we're going to have to pay him lots of monies.

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:45 am
I'm not sure if Warrior fans, NBA fans, and the nation is ready to see a dubs team who has Thompson as their best player, but I'm definitely leaning towards it right now. How crazy would it be if Thompson was the one to break Curry's 3pt record. Hell, what if they they both break it! God damn, man this **** is nuts. As of right now, unless Curry strings together some stellar games, this is Thompson's team now. That's how I see it.

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:03 pm
I think you're massively jumping the gun if you're handing the reigns to Thompson after 3 weeks. For what it's worth, Barkley echoes your sentiment, I just think it's too early.

Don't forget; Curry had a sh*t November last year too... Then shot 48% for 3 the remainder if the year.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:48 pm
I don't mind Curry being top dog. The luxury we have now is pretty awesome. Look at Denver last year. They had a crazy good record and had no one go to the All-star game. We're kind of in their shoes, but I'm pretty sure we're sending one or multiple players to all-star weekend. I think all it is is me preparing myself if/when Klay does become our best player so that it doesn't take me by surprise. If Klay outplays Curry for 1 month, it can happen another month, right? And hell, maybe a competition between our players for the reigns of the team is a good thing. As far as I can tell, Curry came back as the same player thus far. I've noticed that he's driving a little bit more, but nothing that really jumps out at you. Klay has taken a really big step without falling off on the defensive end. He's getting to the line more. He's finishing impressively in the lane. He's improved on his post ups, and making a good amount of his fadeaways. He's also durable as hell. Hasn't been hurt since coming into the league. I said it already, but he's our best player this far and I don't think it's close.

Probably don't have to say this, but he's my favorite player this far. Definitely feel that he's a top 2 SG right now behind Paul George. Yes, I'd take Klay over Harden and Wade. I don't know if anyone caught this last night, but Barnett said that he feels that there's only 2 untradeable players in the league: Durant and Bron Bron. He also said that Thompson is on his way of being one of those players. TBH, I would not take it that far. Lol. But, I'm really enjoying the **** out of his game right now. Watching this kind of growth has been spectacular and such a treat for me as a GSW fan.

Don't get me wrong either, Curry still my boy. I love this team in general. At the end of the day, one thing I think I can say for sure is that Thompson and Curry is going to be the best shooting duo this game has ever seen. I don't think it will be close.

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:49 pm
On a sidenote, I looked at 2k14 game ratings and it has Klay as 74 overall.

Get. The. ****. Out. Of. Here. You. Son. Of. A. Britch

Next

Return to Warriors Basketball