Preaseason concerns & Andre Iguodala

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:21 pm
Well I don't know how much emphasis should be put on preseason games. They don't count, but they give us some kind of indication on what they can do. It just is concerning that they still are having trouble handling the Sacramento Kings, even with Iggy added to the lineup. They were up 17 points and could not find a hole in the basket with all 5 of their starters. I was impressed with Iggy's 14 assists the other game, but he's just not really putting up the points we need him to be putting up. He's just feeding it to others and sometimes we need him to attack as opposed to dishing it out to a 3 point shooter.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:32 pm
Iguodala will be most likely be the 4th or 5th leading scorer on this team. He's not a point scorer and we don't need him to be one.

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:13 pm
I have already made several posts talking about Iggy's offense. He's not good at it. Don't expect him to be.
Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:06 am
Why r they still struggling to beat the Kings?

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:35 am
lol Who cares? It's just preseason.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:13 am
Blackfoot wrote:lol Who cares? It's just preseason.

CoSigned..

It's preseason. It's not like Steph Curry demanding the rock this time of the game, this time of the year!
Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:48 am
What is it with the Isaih Thomas getting anything he wants when he plays us? I don't get how he can dominate us each time. Does Curry struggle with him?
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:25 am
It was hilarious watching him and Isaah Thomas jawing at each other. Curry shouldn't have played that game because he's in a different world than him. It was fun to see though. Anyway, we don't match up very well with Sacramento. Thomas shoots a good percentage against us, and he repeatedly gets to rim at ease. Toney Douglass should have counter-acted this, but he doesn't get a lot of minutes. I wouldn't be too worried though. I think we're still finding our identity.

One little tidbit though. At the end of the game, I was really interested in seeing who Mark Jackson would call on to shoot the ball. I was already hesitant about running the elevator play because Mike Malone was with us last year and he knows what we run. Low and behold, Mark Jackson runs the elevator play on the sideline for Curry, but with a little twist. If you watch it again, Curry caught the ball without the intention of shooting it. The double team came and Mark Jackson added a wrinkle to the elevator play where he has Lee roll to the basket, something that we did not do last year. It was beautifully executed. Lee got fouled and didn't make free throws. Don't know about you guys, but I really appreciated that play.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:00 pm
8th ave wrote:It was hilarious watching him and Isaah Thomas jawing at each other. Curry shouldn't have played that game because he's in a different world than him. It was fun to see though. Anyway, we don't match up very well with Sacramento. Thomas shoots a good percentage against us, and he repeatedly gets to rim at ease. Toney Douglass should have counter-acted this, but he doesn't get a lot of minutes. I wouldn't be too worried though. I think we're still finding our identity.

One little tidbit though. At the end of the game, I was really interested in seeing who Mark Jackson would call on to shoot the ball. I was already hesitant about running the elevator play because Mike Malone was with us last year and he knows what we run. Low and behold, Mark Jackson runs the elevator play on the sideline for Curry, but with a little twist. If you watch it again, Curry caught the ball without the intention of shooting it. The double team came and Mark Jackson added a wrinkle to the elevator play where he has Lee roll to the basket, something that we did not do last year. It was beautifully executed. Lee got fouled and didn't make free throws. Don't know about you guys, but I really appreciated that play.

I saw that too and it was good to see that kind of adjustment.
Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:26 pm
Would Sacramento beat us in a 7 game series?

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:35 pm
Looking at the +- on the game yesterday, Our starters were in double digit pluses, while theirs were in the minus. I didnt watch the game, but based off of the box score, it look like the Kings won against our backups.
Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:53 pm
Another loss against Portland. There is worry. Without Jack, I'm starting to wonder how we'll do without him.

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:04 am
Stairway Man wrote:Another loss against Portland. There is worry. Without Jack, I'm starting to wonder how we'll do without him.

lol
Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:40 am
But I'm concerned for Barnes. They're saying his injury could be a long term problem.

Geez, that would be our luck, wouldnt it.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:55 pm
Think Iguodala's role will be as a defender and plymaker for others more than anything else. He does need to take over for a few minutes some games and he has the ability to. He was a good scorer in Philly just a few years ago.

migya make the ring fall on ya

Return to Warriors Basketball