The NFL thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:20 am
PAWNO wrote:You're a closet Colts fan right Mr.C?

I assume only because some of the fantasy teams you've drafted you've been infatuated with subpar COLTS

Anyways I totally agree with your comment above. Everyone is saying that Colts screwed the Browns. But Trent Richardson should never been drafted that high!!! It's such a easy position to a) fill a void or b) find a gem in later rounds.

I don't actually think the COLTS pick will end up being that high but it's not gonna be as low as everyone assumes (Colts would of been drafting in the 12-18 range)

Browns are going to get a Bridgewater, Manziel or Mariota which i believe will have more of a impact on their franchise for the next 5 years then a Trent Richardson would provide.

Yeah, the negative reaction the Browns are getting is pretty crazy. I like their new ownership.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:25 pm
PAWNO wrote:You're a closet Colts fan right Mr.C?

I assume only because some of the fantasy teams you've drafted you've been infatuated with subpar COLTS

Anyways I totally agree with your comment above. Everyone is saying that Colts screwed the Browns. But Trent Richardson should never been drafted that high!!! It's such a easy position to a) fill a void or b) find a gem in later rounds.

I don't actually think the COLTS pick will end up being that high but it's not gonna be as low as everyone assumes (Colts would of been drafting in the 12-18 range)

Browns are going to get a Bridgewater, Manziel or Mariota which i believe will have more of a impact on their franchise for the next 5 years then a Trent Richardson would provide.

The Colts have always been my 2nd team. I've never hidden that fact. My two favorite QB's are Manning and Luck. I digged Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne.

But when my raiders were playing them a few weeks ago, i rooted for the Silver and Black. So yes, I root for the Colts but I like DA Raidas much more.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:52 am
So Guybrush.

Did you happen to watch the TNF game (Eagles vs Chiefs)

Curious on your thoughts how Alex Smith is transitioning into being the leader of one of the great AFC franchises?

I don't know if I should be impressed with Alex or Andy Reid impact, He still doesn't like taking shots downfield but by damn is he a good game manager. That clock milking drive in the 4th Qtr was perfect.

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:31 am
I am impressed by the Chiefs defense and special teams.
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:22 pm
PAWNO wrote:So Guybrush.

Did you happen to watch the TNF game (Eagles vs Chiefs)

Curious on your thoughts how Alex Smith is transitioning into being the leader of one of the great AFC franchises?

I don't know if I should be impressed with Alex or Andy Reid impact, He still doesn't like taking shots downfield but by damn is he a good game manager. That clock milking drive in the 4th Qtr was perfect.

I watched the game, stayed awake until 5 AM. :)
Talent was there for the KC defense, and Toub took care of the ST, now just offense needs to gel a bit more. Still, it's a huge improvement compared to last season, that's why they have one more win now than they had at the end of last season.

I told it before, I think people put too much credit in guys who can throw deep ball, and take other things for granted, and also don't appreciate good clock management, and TOP. Now I'm reading things about 49ers defense being bad. Of course it's gonna look worse when they spend most of the game on the field, with Alex there, they had a chance to rest a while, and dominate when they get in. Now it's a lot of 3 and outs, and every once and a while quick scoring drive.

I'll take Joe Montana, Rich Gannon type of QB any given day before flashy plays that are high risk - high reward. Turnovers cost too much, and again, people neglect that.

I know that Alex won't ever be considered a great QB, no matter how good his numbers get, and how valuable his smarts and decision makings are, but he is still winning, even on a team that was worst in the league last season. And without Harbaugh, and everyone was quick to say that Harbaugh was the reason Smith was good, which was plain wrong if you watched the guy through his career.

We shall see if pistol offense (read option) has been figured out, and if the Kap is struggling for real to become a pocket passer, or it's just a few games. I warned that kid was being crowned way too soon, and that it could backfire.

I might be biased, or don't think only about winning (which is kind of weird since Alex is still winning), but I would never change a QB that was playing amazing football (last 29 passes for 49ers, he completed 27, for over 300 yards and 4 TD, for QB rating of 151 I believe) who is a great character guy, team player, leader, for a biceps kissing athletic guy. But that's just me, and I still could be wrong.

And one last note, for people who say defense makes Alex look better, it goes both ways, Alex makes defenses look better as well. Look at SF now.

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:31 pm
Chiefs are the best defense in the league (only three games in.) That has more to do with it.

Niners defense is fine, their offense will fix itself when they get healthy. They have too many guys out. VD, Crabtree, Manningham. That takes a toll.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:16 am
And I said why their defense looks better, and why SFs is worse than before. Alex has something to do with it as well.

VD was out against the Colts, he played against the Seahawks. Also, they have Boldin, Alex only had Crabtree in the season when they went to conference finals, and that was before Crabs had a breakout season. Now, all of a sudden, lack of weapons is something that is taken into consideration. Double standards at it's best. And I don't mean you BF, most of the media. Now it's defense's fault, no weapons, etc. When Alex lost to the Giants those who said Kyle Williams is to blame were silenced quickly, and the one who was criticized was Alex because the didn't throw it to the receivers (mind you, pretty much worse corps than what Kaep has now).

All bullshit talk, if you're gonna praise for one thing, and criticize for the other, at least stick with.

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:30 am
It was Kyle Williams fault the Niners lost that game. Niners defense was better that year. No, it didn't have anything to do with Smith. We also know this because when Kaep took over, there was no statistical difference in how the defense did.

Kaep is better than Smith.

One last thing, depsite Boldin's great first game, he's going to be pretty MEHY. He was that way for the Ravens too until the playoffs.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:35 am
That is just like your opinion, man. Don't make it a fact.
There was a drop off in defense in terms of points allowed. Don't have time to find it now, but there was one article that had picture which showed the differences when comparing both QBs.

And no, Kap is not better. Look, it looks like a fact when I write it like that as well. :) He can run and throw fast ball, but no arch on those balls, and no touch, target progression is non existent, and his ability to read defenses is questionable at best. But, hey, you are entitled to your opinion, just don't be so arrogant to think it has to be correct, because you said so, or read some place you like.

You just can't say he is better, like we are comparing Montana and Leaf. And lately, it looks more and more that SF made a mistake.

And I agree on Boldin. But not just him, the whole offense looked way better than it is against pathetic GB defense.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:00 am
Exactly, people are confused how we torched Green Bay. There defense has been in the bottom 5 in four of the last five seasons. It has been terrible. They have big names who make big hits, but they give up tons of yards.

It will help when Crabtree, Vernon and Manningham return, But even their defense played poorly.

BTW, Eric Reid looks good. Definately a great 1st round pick for the niners.

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:44 am
Guybrush wrote:That is just like your opinion, man. Don't make it a fact.
There was a drop off in defense in terms of points allowed. Don't have time to find it now, but there was one article that had picture which showed the differences when comparing both QBs.

And no, Kap is not better. Look, it looks like a fact when I write it like that as well. :) He can run and throw fast ball, but no arch on those balls, and no touch, target progression is non existent, and his ability to read defenses is questionable at best. But, hey, you are entitled to your opinion, just don't be so arrogant to think it has to be correct, because you said so, or read some place you like.

You just can't say he is better, like we are comparing Montana and Leaf. And lately, it looks more and more that SF made a mistake.

And I agree on Boldin. But not just him, the whole offense looked way better than it is against pathetic GB defense.

I think Kaep's flaw is that he doesn't go through all his progressions. Other than that, I'd take him 9/10 times over Smith. I think the Niners made the right choice.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:38 pm
Blackfoot wrote:
Guybrush wrote:That is just like your opinion, man. Don't make it a fact.

I think Kaep's flaw is that he doesn't go through all his progressions. Other than that, I'd take him 9/10 times over Smith. I think the Niners made the right choice.

Fine by me, I just think that it's getting more and more obvious that he has a lot more flaws than that. Don't know why people don't like Smith so much, even after he went to the worst team of last season, and is still winning, yet, the Niners are with this Golden Boy now for the first time below 50% in Harbaugh era.

And don't say defense, that defense was almost same last season as well. And Niners defense as well, and look at the drop off the Niners had, and the boost Chiefs had. Against the Colts Niners defense was on the field for 36 minutes! They played good until later in the game, and how could they keep up the same level of play, when they didn't leave the field?

Alex was putting them in good positions, and they returned the favor...that's how it works. Of course, now we see the other side of that, when you have 3 and outs and occasional fast TD.

But, we should wait a bit more and see how it plays out.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:00 am
Really is the perfect storm for some team to offer a 3rd round pick for Eli Manning!

Giants could tank for Bridgewater but maybe Nassib wins you some games. That's what I think the Raiders were trying to do with the 2013 season. give up and let Matt Flynn put you in the Clowney or Bridgewater sweepstakes.

Pryor will win us half our games. 7-9

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:55 am
Yeah, pryor wont allow us to tank... but i dont care. We will be able to get a good pick regardless of where we end up. McKenzie has made some mistakes but he is allowing us to be in a position to win. Plus all the new guys he got for cheap on that defense are earning their moneys worth.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:43 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:Yeah, pryor wont allow us to tank... but i dont care. We will be able to get a good pick regardless of where we end up. McKenzie has made some mistakes but he is allowing us to be in a position to win. Plus all the new guys he got for cheap on that defense are earning their moneys worth.

i don't know which FA Linebacker i enjoy more. Burnett or Roach!!!

our LB stocks are such an upgrade when you compare it to Rolando McClain or Kirk Morrison.
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board