The Football (Soccer, In The Colonies) Thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:59 am
Bringing back the soccer thread

USA heading to World Cup.

And shockingly, Mexico is tied for 4th (out of 6) in the group standings, meaning it is going to be difficult for them.
Founder
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:18 pm
For some reason, as an American, I find this thread title offensive. Anyways... I've been trying to get into it because we have a decent team, but I just can't bring myself to watch soccer.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:16 pm
you're missing out. i like watching usa soccer
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:15 am
I started following soccer again, a bit at least. When I was a kid I followed every league, it was easier to find on TV than NBA for instance, but still basketball was always my favorite. Everyone at school was watching it too. Now I find myself being interested in English Premier league and Championship. And I'd eatch World Cup anytime, cause that's really something special.

It will be interesting to see what is going to happen now with FIFA men that were corrupted being arrested, Blatter finally stepping down...
And it was Americans who started the investigation all of a sudden. World Cups in Qatar and Russia might be canceled, and USA might get one. Really big stuff going on there.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 32
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:44 am
Certainly is a big story. Soccer has always been the biggest sport in the world and think it will continue to be.

migya make the ring fall on ya

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:12 am
The whole story with FIFA corruption and Sepp Blatter has been fascinating to follow. I cannot believe a US and Swiss investigation is single-handily tearing FIFA apart. Good!
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:36 am
It is long overdue. Soccer has a lot if issues, big clubs spending the money they don't really have, and seperating themselves from other clubs. No more surprises, it's always same few clubs at the top. I hope this will start the change. They need some system, I know it's impossible to do something like NBA or NFL, or in general American sports, but still, something needs to change for the better.

I'm afraid that this will bring in just some other old, fat ****** who will do the same.

Also, reading that Irina Shayk, Cristiano's ex was in a "relationship" with Blatter, and how she's one of the many who fell for his "charms"...it's disgusting. That whole society has gone to hell...Young and beautiful, got a lot of money, but went with the old creep for more. Really disturbing.
Previous

Return to Sports Board