EuroBasket 2013

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:43 am
It started yesterday, and Serbia played their first game against Lithuania, Nedovic playing big part in the win. Here are the highlights:

There were a few surprise wins, Great Britain beating Israel, to me it was also a surprise that Germany beat France, and the biggest surprise is that Finland beat Turkey.

Here's the link to the official page of the tournament:
http://www.eurobasket2013.org/en/default.asp

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:25 am
Great Britain is really improving its basketball program. Canada too. Going to be fun to see them next year in the world champions if they both make it.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:50 pm
I heard that Britain actually doesn't have their pro basketball league at all. I don't know how valid that is, but, man, if that's true, that really sucks. And, also, gives more value to these guys that made some results.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:09 am
I was referring to their national team. Not a pro league. But yeah, usually you should have a pro league if you want to improve your program in house.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:32 pm
I know...I just said that it makes it even bigger success knowing that they don't have a pro league there. It's hard to get people to play basketball when you think about it...why would they do it, if they know they can't make a living out of it in their own country. Their only hope is to be good enough to get somewhere else...and how easy it can be to show yourself to someone by not playing in a pro league?

Return to Sports Board