PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:11 am
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/229524/Seth-Curry-To-Sign-With-Warriors
The Hulk is a Warriors fan.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:57 pm
Good move,

Gotta keep the big dog happy,

Plus we could sub him in on our infamous smallball lineup in the 4th Qtr of close games to have a extra deadly free throw shooter for our opponents to foul.
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:07 pm
Kind of a novelty signing from a fan perspective. Not that is the reason why we signed him (or likely will), but there isn't much to get excited about an undrafted, rookie FA that 29 other teams passed on. He'll soak up some PT in the D league and maybe get a shot at the bench late in the season.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:20 pm
Also read that he chose us over playing in Barcelona citing our D league program's knack for getting guys to the league. I never thought about it like that, but I'd guess the reason why we have such a high graduation rate is just as much due to us lacking depth and playing D-leaguers.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:32 am
I am intrigued by the signing. Also Warriors are close to signing Machado. Are these guys going to be D-league exclusive, and just be called up when the actual team begins to experiencing injuries? I feel like our roster is already set.
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:00 pm
I'd say Machado has more of an opportunity to get some PT with the Warriors than Seth. He was called up last year and he was a day away from signing a multi-year deal with the Rockets before they canceled it.

I think we have some exclusive rights to these guys, but I'm not sure. It might work like NFL practice squads - anybody can pick them up, but they have to sign them to their 53-man roster.

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:00 pm
Nepotism
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:15 pm
Blackfoot wrote:Nepotism

And that's literally all there is to it.

A young, black, tall kid who looked like a student sold me a couple slices of pizza at the Oracle last year. He was stationed next to our typical seats at like 4 or 5 different games and he just towered over the rest of his co-workers (must have been about 6'6"). I think his name was Jamarr?

Anyway, Jamarr could prolly take Seth Curry in a game of one-on-one. Dude has a famous brother, a father with NBA accolades, and STILL played 5 years of college ball cause nobody ever put him up on the scouting board. Seth Curry makes Harvey Grant, Drew Barry, and Jarron Collins look like hall-of-famers.

Was Mychael Thompson II unavailable? Answer: no, he's still sobbing and wiping his faces with the pink slip the God-awful Cavaliers hit him with a week before Valentine's Day.

I put the over/under on Seth Curry getting canned 10 days before training camp starts... and I'm taking the under.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Return to Warriors Basketball