*PAWNO ON THE CLOCK! Redistribution of NBA Talent 2013!

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

User avatar

Moderator
Posts: 13746
» Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:19 pm
Tobias Harris.

After the trade to Orlando, Harris was finally healthy for a stretch of games... And put up 17.3 points, 8.5 rebounds, and 1.4 blocks a night outta the small forward position. Next to Chris Paul, he's dangerous. And with Harris and Paul paired alongside Bradley, the perimeter defense just might be tight enough to hide the absolute vagina of inside d coming from my starting bigs.

Next stop: shot-blocking big for the bench, followed by a scoring, traditionally sized swing man, and this team is starting to take shape. For as bad as the Amar'e/Monroe tandem looks defensively, they'll be nasty offensively.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3618
» Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:36 pm
i swear someone picked up danny green before this... i think it was BF

Moderator
Posts: 5355
» Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:10 pm
8th ave wrote:i swear someone picked up danny green before this... i think it was BF


Nope. Someone chose Jeff Green, not danny green. I wanted them both.

Moderator
Posts: 5355
» Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:13 pm
32 wrote:Tobias Harris.

After the trade to Orlando, Harris was finally healthy for a stretch of games... And put up 17.3 points, 8.5 rebounds, and 1.4 blocks a night outta the small forward position. Next to Chris Paul, he's dangerous. And with Harris and Paul paired alongside Bradley, the perimeter defense just might be tight enough to hide the absolute vagina of inside d coming from my starting bigs.

Next stop: shot-blocking big for the bench, followed by a scoring, traditionally sized swing man, and this team is starting to take shape. For as bad as the Amar'e/Monroe tandem looks defensively, they'll be nasty offensively.


Actually, that is not true. He did this while predominately playing PF, not SF. Milwaukee used him predominately as an SF, but that changed after the trade.

Still a good pick up. though the sample size is a bit small. He has good potential. Very young.
User avatar

Moderator
Posts: 13746
» Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:05 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
32 wrote:Tobias Harris.

After the trade to Orlando, Harris was finally healthy for a stretch of games... And put up 17.3 points, 8.5 rebounds, and 1.4 blocks a night outta the small forward position. Next to Chris Paul, he's dangerous. And with Harris and Paul paired alongside Bradley, the perimeter defense just might be tight enough to hide the absolute vagina of inside d coming from my starting bigs.

Next stop: shot-blocking big for the bench, followed by a scoring, traditionally sized swing man, and this team is starting to take shape. For as bad as the Amar'e/Monroe tandem looks defensively, they'll be nasty offensively.


Actually, that is not true. He did this while predominately playing PF, not SF. Milwaukee used him predominately as an SF, but that changed after the trade.

Still a good pick up. though the sample size is a bit small. He has good potential. Very young.

It's kind of hard to say who was the 4 between Harris and Mo Harkless; they're both 6'8" tweeners who can rebound. Either way; having Harris play the 3 next to Stoudamire fits because Harris will rebound and defend inside (Amar'e won't), Harris shoots far more efficiently with less shots (as a starter, his line was 44%/30%/74%... As a sub - taking 6 less attempts from the field - his percentages rose to 50%/36%/78%), and Harris can slide up to the 4 if I wanna run a small ball scheme with STAT or GMo in the middle.

It was Harris or Battier and I'm convinced Harris will have the superior season next year.

Moderator
Posts: 5355
» Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:29 am
i would definately take harris over battier. battier wouldnt get as much playing time on other teams besides the heat
User avatar

Moderator
Posts: 2434
» Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:33 pm
Eric Bledsoe to Suns.

And I don't remember anyone selecting Danny Green before Mr. C. I did pick Jeff Green, though.

All Star
Posts: 1352
» Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:30 pm
Give me Mr. Kyle Korver.
User avatar

Moderator
Posts: 13746
» Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:36 pm
Blackfoot wrote:Give me Mr. Kyle Korver.

You just can't get enough spacers, can you? I hear Kapono is free from his Greek obligations... Or am I spoiling next round's pick? :mrgreen:

JREED's down to 7 more hours, then he's getting Chris Wright...

All Star
Posts: 1352
» Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:57 pm
32 wrote:
Blackfoot wrote:Give me Mr. Kyle Korver.

You just can't get enough spacers, can you? I hear Kapono is free from his Greek obligations... Or am I spoiling next round's pick? :mrgreen:

JREED's down to 7 more hours, then he's getting Chris Wright...



Best three offensive teams this year

Spurs, Heat, Knicks


All three had something in common. Didn't turn it over a lot, a lot of threes. I am building elite offensives and defensives.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3618
» Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:15 pm
autopick em....

Moderator
Posts: 5355
» Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:45 pm
Anyone want to give me their next 5th round pick for Orlando. I am willing to compensate both 6th and 7th rounds (their 3 picks apart), and you throw in a final round pick.
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 5871
» Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:10 am
Ok on Assumption that JREED takes that scrub for the Kings.

I'll take

Ben McLemore to Detroit Pistons.

Moderator
Posts: 5355
» Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:16 pm
Well, I have been trying to get a trade. Ideally, I would be drafting this guy for Orlando, but no of you guys were able to give me a fair trade. So my approach is to draft the best player, regardless of need.

Jonas Valanciunas

Dude is going to have a phenomenal season. He played well down the stretch and GM's are calling him a future star. For now, he is my 6th man.
User avatar

Moderator
Posts: 13746
» Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:42 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:Well, I have been trying to get a trade. Ideally, I would be drafting this guy for Orlando, but no of you guys were able to give me a fair trade. So my approach is to draft the best player, regardless of need.

Jonas Valanciunas

Dude is going to have a phenomenal season. He played well down the stretch and GM's are calling him a future star. For now, he is my 6th man.

He set the rookie record for "times getting posterized," dethroning Shawn Bradley.

Kevin Durant, Paul Pierce, and Marvin Williams all come to mind as smaller players who tagged him... Not to mention one Mo Speights, who HAMMERED it on him and mean mugged the crowd on the run back, ala Shaquille O'Neal.

Valley DID throw one on down on Nene though, so not a bad pick for trade barter... Especially with big men thinning out.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest