How much of our core can we keep?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:11 pm
I hear the lakers want Klay. I'm not in favor of shopping Klay, Barnes, or curry. I'm in favor of developing what you have. How will you ever build an identity if u trade your best players every couple of years? I want our guys to grow together. Now we have Iguodala. Will he affect our ability to keep our core together?
All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:39 pm
I think signing Curry at 11 mill per will be the reason we're able to keep him, Klay, Barnes and Iggy together. IF we do move one it'll be Barnes for a big.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:36 pm
The core can certainly be kept. Nice short answer wasn't it :mrgreen:

Bogut will have to resign for no more than 11 million a year for no more (and no less) than three years and even that depends on how many games he plays this season.That's three million less than he gets this season. Lee, who is good for us and and who I think will honestly do bit less since the young guys are developing and getting better, will have to resign for no more than 10 million a year himself, if he is still here at the end of his contract, and at the age he will be, 10 million might be too much even and the length will certainly be no more than two years, so maybe that's the main point in wanting to trade him now, as his value will only drop from here on. More money to use on resigns.

I think Klay might not get that much better that he would demand more than 11 million himself a season. The one that will maybe cost the most is Barnes and that's only if develops like he is expected to. By that time, Iguodala will be coming out of contract and he will be too old to get more than 8 million himself and that also depends on how he is performing by that time.

That's an average of no more than ten million for the six main guys and that would leave some ten million to fill the rest of the roster, to stay under luxury tax, which is enough money.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:08 am
Stairway Man wrote:I hear the lakers want Klay. I'm not in favor of shopping Klay, Barnes, or curry. I'm in favor of developing what you have. How will you ever build an identity if u trade your best players every couple of years? I want our guys to grow together. Now we have Iguodala. Will he affect our ability to keep our core together?

The Lakers want Klay like we wanted Kidd for 15 years.

It's a hometown aching for their local talent to return to his old stomping grounds. Nothing more. There is zero credence to LA acquiring Thompson via free agency. Klay repeated told Laker Nation journalists that he's bought into the Warriors' vision and he's extremely happy here. Used the term "splash brothers," the whole 9 yards. There's no sense in fretting over it.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:27 am
I'll put this thread to sleep. We have Thompson's bird rights. It's that simple. We can give Thompson a 5 year deal, or we can match whatever deal another team gives him.

It really is that simple.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:53 am
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Return to Warriors Basketball