Random warriors chat.

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:10 pm
Barnes did pretty damn good in the USA scrimmage. Posterized Ryan Anderson.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:59 am

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:00 pm
You sold on this kid's athleticism yet, 8th? :wink: :mrgreen:

Barnes has too much damn game. I dunno if he'll be a 20-point per game guy without plus handles, but he's certainly dangerous on a 2-step gather and he's already an A-level finisher. Just imagine if he picked up Corey Maggette's handles and tendency to draw contact. He'd be the perfect offensive swingman.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:24 pm
32 wrote:You sold on this kid's athleticism yet, 8th? :wink: :mrgreen:

Barnes has too much damn game. I dunno if he'll be a 20-point per game guy without plus handles, but he's certainly dangerous on a 2-step gather and he's already an A-level finisher. Just imagine if he picked up Corey Maggette's handles and tendency to draw contact. He'd be the perfect offensive swingman.

He's strokin too. All of his jumpers hit nothing but the bottom of the net. I'm very impressed.

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:03 pm
Barnes has so much untapped potential. Better than Richy J in his prime I think is his ceiling.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:40 pm
Agreed Blackfoot. Barnes may be close to the best potential player in that draft class. So happy to have him, he filled the need at SF as well, and he is a keeper for a long time. The team really looks set for at least five years, even ten if all is done right.

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:01 am
migya wrote:Agreed Blackfoot. Barnes may be close to the best potential player in that draft class. So happy to have him, he filled the need at SF as well, and he is a keeper for a long time. The team really looks set for at least five years, even ten if all is done right.

I know man. It really is crazy and almost unfathomable how this team has turned around. Curry said that he wants to play here for the rest of his career. We will have Barnes and Thompson's bird rights, so we'll have Thompson for a minimum of 6 more years, and Barnes for a minimum of 7 more years. Guaranteed I'd say. Lacob also said that he's prepared to go into the luxury.

There aren't any scenarios right now that would have us trading either Barnes or Thompson, but IF there was, I think Barnes is the player that we have to keep. I was really impressed with his USA scrimmage performance. That's saying something too, because at the end of the season, I remember telling myself that that decision would be really hard and that I wouldn't be able to decide between the two. I probably would've picked Thompson just because of how much I value defense, now I'm convinced that Barnes' potential significantly outweighs Thompson's.

Role Player
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:00 pm
Barnes seemed reluctant to look for his own shot during the regular season but during the playoffs, it looked like something had flipped a switch and he now appears to be more assertive on offence. Hopefully he keeps improving his defence because with his size and speed, it'd be great to have him defending players like James, Durant and George.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:10 pm
Ringo wrote:Barnes seemed reluctant to look for his own shot during the regular season but during the playoffs, it looked like something had flipped a switch and he now appears to be more assertive on offence. Hopefully he keeps improving his defence because with his size and speed, it'd be great to have him defending players like James, Durant and George.

It would be a bonus if he became a good defender, but not as important because we have some guy named iggy.

Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball