*PAWNO ON THE CLOCK! Redistribution of NBA Talent 2013!

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:04 pm
Blackfoot wrote:
8th ave wrote:
Blackfoot wrote:
8th ave wrote:The only reason I thought Sefolosha's might be skewed is because the amount of times he was isolated. Maybe everyones PPP numbers are better than his because they often don't get the assignment of guarding the best player night in and night out like Sefolosha does, but I looked up Tony Allen's number who I think is the best wing defender in the NBA, and his PPP is .78. 15 points higher than Sefolosha. Based on defensive rating and PPP, Sefolosha ain't **** on defense.

The reason he is considered an elite defender is because he's elite at defending the P&R Ball Handler. The most used play in basketball. It's a staple you need defensively.

Tony Allen. He's on another level. He's very good.

Ok. So in terms of Pick and roll ball handler, Sefolosha gives us .82 PPP. Nicolas Batum gives up .8 PPP on Pick and roll ball hander. So Nicolas Batum is an elite defender too?

Nicolas Batum is really badass. So yes.

So I made a better pick than you?
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:04 pm
If you are asking whether you should pick him or not. You should. I fucked up not picking him. I actually forgot about him.

Edit: Yes. This pick is better than mine. Probably makes up the fact you picked Al Jefferson over David West.

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:13 pm
Give me AK47.
Ibaka at C, AK47 at PF, Sefolosha at SF, Kmart at the SG position. If you want to fix that for me 32 that would be great.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:15 pm
Blackfoot wrote:If you are asking whether you should pick him or not. You should. I fucked up not picking him. I actually forgot about him.

Edit: Yes. This pick is better than mine. Probably makes up the fact you picked Al Jefferson over David West.

You think Al Jefferson over David west is just as bad as you picking Sefolosha over Nicolas Batum?

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:17 pm
So I'm looking at David Lee's defensive numbers. Is his poor defense overblown or are these stats misleading. Because based on synergy, he is very similar to David West.

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:18 pm
It does show that Al Jefferson blows on defense though. In terms of his synergy stats, David Lee is arms and head above Jefferson.

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:30 pm
8th ave wrote:So I'm looking at David Lee's defensive numbers. Is his poor defense overblown or are these stats misleading. Because based on synergy, he is very similar to David West.

Our defensive schemes prevent Lee from being bad on synergy. Notice the lack of FG attempts against him near the rim. It's almost all jump shots.

Defensively speaking, this is the best possible scheme for Lee. That's why I like Mark Jackson a lot.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:10 pm
Blackfoot wrote:
8th ave wrote:So I'm looking at David Lee's defensive numbers. Is his poor defense overblown or are these stats misleading. Because based on synergy, he is very similar to David West.

Our defensive schemes prevent Lee from being bad on synergy. Notice the lack of FG attempts against him near the rim. It's almost all jump shots.

Defensively speaking, this is the best possible scheme for Lee. That's why I like Mark Jackson a lot.

What defensive scheme is that?

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:28 am
8th ave wrote:
Blackfoot wrote:

What defensive scheme is that?

Sag off and tempt out opponents into jumpers. Opponents took the second most threes against us. But despite being fifth in perimeter defense, we still are 13th in defensive efficiency. Mainly because threes are worth more so a high volume of them, even low percentage are "efficient." I think Bogut and Iggy make us top five defensively. I think Lee will be hidden defensively again.
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:37 am
I edited your Denver lineup, BF, and added players that were picked so far.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:09 am
You da man, Guy!

JREED's up.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:15 am
Blackfoot wrote:Give me KMart.

Now I got someone to create their own offense rather efficiently.

Ehhhh. This is an example of how numbers lie. Martin's always been efficient, but I fail to see why this roster would be any different from his God awful records in Sacramento. KMart, AK-47, Thabo, Ibaka... They're all extremely efficient, when they get wide open jumpers off the work of a drive-and-kick playmaker. Your team doesn't have anyone who can create something out of nothing. They'd be incredible with a Jru Holiday or Steph Curry at the helm, but you chose to take Ibaka early instead of somebody you could build around.

Maybe it's genius. I dunno. I just don't see this roster being effective in real life, despite how it looks on paper.

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:06 pm
Kmart used to be efficient as the primary number one option. And Ibaka is not shy to creating offense. He can use the post and they have to respect his jumper.

And Jrue Holiday sucks a lot so I wouldn't want him on my team, at all.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:52 pm
Yeah but you also think Rudy Gay and Monta Ellis suck, so I'm beginning to think you undervalue guys who can create their own offense off the dribble because their extra usage makes their efficiency go down. Holliday isn't a top 5 point guard, but he's top 12 for sure and he's better than anyone on that team we're talking about - except possibly Ibaka, cause Serge is just a damn elite defensive 4.

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:59 pm
Nope. Jrue is god awful. Worse than Monta in fact.

Tons of untapped potential there, but for now he is not good for winning. Quite the opposite for now.
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball