All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:22 pm
So Aldridge wants out of Portland.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:24 pm
We gave up a lot of assets in the salary dump, so I don't know what's is going to take to get em. At this point it might make sense for Minnesota and Portland to swap forwards, but Portland has to give a little more.

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:29 am
I think Aldridge isn't as good as Love. Nowhere near actually. I think Portland will ask too much for him and I don't think he is worth more than Lee straight up really, not sure how he'd fit in here.

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:28 am
migya wrote:I think Aldridge isn't as good as Love. Nowhere near actually. I think Portland will ask too much for him and I don't think he is worth more than Lee straight up really, not sure how he'd fit in here.

Even though they play the same position, they're different players. I Lee fits better in our scheme because of his ability to pass in the high post and he's more of a pick and roll type player whereas Aldridge is more of your pure post player. Personally I'm always in favor of basketball plays over isolation.

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:57 pm
8th ave wrote:
migya wrote:I think Aldridge isn't as good as Love. Nowhere near actually. I think Portland will ask too much for him and I don't think he is worth more than Lee straight up really, not sure how he'd fit in here.

Even though they play the same position, they're different players. I Lee fits better in our scheme because of his ability to pass in the high post and he's more of a pick and roll type player whereas Aldridge is more of your pure post player. Personally I'm always in favor of basketball plays over isolation.

Lee fits the team as it is, a player like Aldridge I think would take away from the others. You want the game to flow among all players as much as possible and Lee's very good offensive game allows that, along with Bogut's.

Unless it's for Love I want to keep Lee at least one more year and see how it turns out.

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:06 pm
David Lee and Toney Douglas for Greg Monroe and Will Bynum. Who says no?

David Lee for Amir Johnson, Kyle Lowry, and Tyler Hansbrough. Who says no?

Seriously, we need a bench really bad. Someone has to go so that we can get some more depth.

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:54 am
I think the roster is good enough as it is. The top five players, as Iguodala is missing, should be more than enough to get the team among the top four in the West.

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:41 pm
I think the bench as is, is not enough to take us to the western conference finals.

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:52 pm
8th ave wrote:David Lee and Toney Douglas for Greg Monroe and Will Bynum.

Wow, that would be a very good trade for both teams.

BTW, the Warriors should have originally drafted Greg Monroe instead of drafting Ekpe Udoh; however, Larry Riley believed that the Mullin pick, Andris Biedrins, was a better player than Greg Monroe.
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:56 pm
8th ave wrote:I think the bench as is, is not enough to take us to the western conference finals.

You're right, as it is. I think Douglas could be good enough as our backup PG - especially considering that Iggy assumes a lot of those duties. It's a good thing he's back while Iggy is still an unknown.

Ezeli’s injury in the playoffs has really had a domino effect on our frontcourt. I really wanted to see O'Neal out there playing the 4 with Bogut (at the 5 of course) against bigger frontcourts. We need a healthy Ezeli backing up the 5 to experiment with that combo, but now it looks like that scenario isn’t likely.

Who knows how our off season would have gone down? Maybe we never sign O’Neal if Ezeli never has to have surgery. Maybe we keep Landry and don’t have to suffer from Speights’s complete incompetence. Seriously, the dubs are currently about $2 mil under the Luxury Tax threshold, O’Neal is costing us $2 mil, and Speights is charging us a $3.5 mil to do nothing. That’s $7.5 mil, while Landry was signed away for $6.08 mil.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:06 pm
The Toronto Raptors want to move point guard Kyle Lowry, and they're willing to listen to all trade offers.

There are plenty of suitors around the NBA, as the Brooklyn Nets, Golden State Warriors and New York Knicks all have interest, according to the New York Daily News.

Knicks, Nets & Warriors all interested in Toronto point guard Kyle Lowry.

— Frank Isola (@FisolaNYDN) December 12, 2013
As one would expect, the possibility of a trade is gaining plenty attention in New York, since the team is struggling at the moment and could use an infusion of new talent.

The Knicks would have to give up a piece in order to gain one, however, and point guard Raymond Felton has been mentioned as the player who would be moved to Toronto in the event of a trade.

One hangup for the Knicks in their effort to get Lowry comes in the fact that Toronto wants a first-round pick, according to Howard Beck of Bleacher Report. The Knicks don't have that capability, with their first-round choices for 2014 and 2016 already gone.

While Beck notes that New York was described as the "most promising destination," the Knicks don't have a tradeable first-round pick until 2018.

Note: Knicks have three 1st-round picks that are trade-eligible right now, per NBA rules: 2018, 2019, 2020.

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:11 pm
It'll be pretty hard to facilitate a trade with toronto if Lee to be were in involved. If its a first pick that Toronto wants, it wont be in next years draft because we sent 2014 and 2017 to Utah in the trade with Iguodala. If Toronto is interest in gutting their team, we could send Douglass, Speights, and 2015 first round pick. That would mean a lot of PT for Hilton Armstrong, but Lowry, Barnes, and Oneal off the bench will look a lot better than Speights, Barnes, and Oneal.

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:11 pm
Hell I'd throw in Nedovic too.

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:00 pm
"David Lee for Amir Johnson, Kyle Lowry, and Tyler Hansbrough. Who says no?"

Any sane Warrior fan

Not smart to trade a top 10 PF for a bunch of backups. Remember, that's how we acquired Lee lol. So what's Anthony Randolph, Turiaf, and Azubuike up to these days? also can't stand Tyler Hansbrough. He'd be a bank teller if he wasn't born big and tall. Dude has zero basketball skills except playing the sport like it's football or running of the bull and hustling for rebs.
Last edited by rockyBeli on Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:02 pm
Short memories........This team was BLOWING OUT OPPONENTS with Iggy, playing beautiful basketball and good defense. Give this team a chance of being fully healthy before hitting the panic button. Plus they have a nice home stretch coming up. Iggy and Ezeli back takes the pressure off everyone else.
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball