2013 Free Agent Thread

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:43 am
My first thought once AK was signed for the mini midlevel on the Nets was he was being paid under the table. I am reading this thing is actually picking up steam and that owners and GM's are wildly suspicious and it's compounded by the Nets owner actually being an extremely shady billionaire who accumulated his fortune by being shady.

/tinfoil hat
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:10 am
It is quite obvious that Kirilenko is being paid in some other way. No modern player leaves money for a bench role. AK is not past his prime like Ray Allen and is getting a money in some other form. Nets do look real good in the East right now.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:12 am
Ringo wrote:
Ringo wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:Not unless they trade Monroe for Rondo.

That would make sense for both teams. Good call.

I'm hoping the Warriors sign a decent C/PF and PG soon before they're all gone.

...Decent C/PF - Speights and O'Neal, decent PG - Douglas. Check, check and check. Well done Bob Myers :D

Jermaine is well past it, but maybe can be decent enough and Douglas I don't know much about, but hopefully he'll be good enough. Speights was a very good signing.

An amazing offseason so far that trumps even last season.

This ownership so far is for real and deserves all praise.

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:18 am
Interesting the situation in Detroit now that they've signed JSmith. I don't think JSmith is good at SF, he's been good as a PF for a few years now. I think they might and should look to trade Monroe for a very good PG. Best option I think is Monroe, BKnight and Villanueva for Rondo and GWallace. The Celts have a real need for a good Center and Monroe is one of the best young ones. GWallace is highly paid for a backup, as Jeff Green is starting at SF. Rondo won't stand for rebuilding, no matter what the situation in Boston is painted as being. Rondo wants to go to a very good team and with this trade the Pistons go from mediocre at best to top 4 or 5 in the East. GWallace starts at SF and forms a great frontcourt that is versatile and one of the best defensively there is. Rondo passing to them would make them better than ever and do wonders for Stuckey, who would fit well next to him at SG. Boston gets the big expirer in Vilanueva, creating even more cap space for next offseason's big FA crop. Monroe, BKnight, Bradley and JGreen are a good young core to start with and pieces could be added quickly with all that salary to spend.

All Star
Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:30 am
Josh Smith could be as good offensively as Blake Griffin if he wasn't a ****ing dumbass who took jump shots. I thought that would be fixed if he went to Houston because they have a very set offensive philosophy. Lay ups, dunks, or threes. Now he is on the Pistons. Probably won't ever fix himself.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:26 pm
The Houston Rockets are stockpiling centres with Marcus Camby agreeing to a one year deal. Maybe they're looking at playing Howard and Asik in a twin towers scenario. I don't like the balance of their roster at the moment. I think they'll need to try and trade Asik and his aweful contract for a power forward. Josh Smith would've completed their roster nicely if they could've worked out a sign and trade deal with Atlanta.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:46 am
JSmith only got 14 million a year. Thought he'd get the max or wait out for it. Either way, he's a PF so Drummond will have to come off the bench again, which may be a good thing. JSmith at SF isn't a good thing. The Pistons still need at least one good backcourt player, preferably a PG to be a very good team.

Camby fits well with Houston right now. I think they'd be smart to trade Asik for Ryan Anderson. He did well next to Dwight and with Harden now alongside him, he'd be the best he can be. The shooting would be ideal with Harden, Dwight and then the other good outside shooters they've got.

Previous

Return to NBA Forum