Where would you rank Lebron James alltime

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 32
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:17 pm
My whole point in starting this topic was to bring to light how Lebron is an alltime great player and how he is comaprable to Jordan. I believe that Michael Jordan is the Greatest Basketball player ever and noone will ever surpass him. I also believe that likely in some three years many will say it is Lebron. My belief will not change.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 32
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:24 am
I'm only bringing this thread back to have PROPER conversation about this topic and not to have any arguments start or anyone make wayward statements, as you have done recently Stairway. I'm bringing this topic back now because I likely won't be around much for the next few weeks at least if not months and so won't be able to talk much on here. The finals have just ended and much has been said about it but I do think we can talk about this topic at this time.

Lebron is an amazing player and really has been the best player in the nba for a decade or close to it, with only Kobe at his level during some of that time, though he has fallen away the last four years or so. Lebron has the awards and statistics to be in a Greatest Of Alltime discussion. Individually he is definitely a top ten player alltime and some could even say top 5.

Where Lebron James has lacked is number of championships won so far. I think, being objective and not highly critical, that his Cleveland teams were always fairly low on talent and that he carried them, carried a big load with those teams. This season he had two other stars with him in Kyrie and Love but in the finals both were missing and so Lebron again carried the load, so again he had low talent when it counted. He did have much success in his four years in Miami, making the finals all four years and winning back to back in the second and third years. He had two stars with him then in Wade and Bosh but really the rest of the team was average but overall those teams were talented having three superstars.

A major point that can be shown to be factual is that Lebron hasn't stepped up and played like an alltime great player in three of the six finals he has been in. I recently watched part of a segment with Stephen A Smith and Skip Bayless, who are quite animated and rather noncreditable to me but agreed with them on this topic, where they said that though Lebron had little talent with him in the finals, he didn't take the games by the scruff of the neck as such and take it himself anywhere near enough for Cleveland to have a proper chance of winning, especially in Game 6. Footage was shown (I did see most of the game) of Game 6 and Lebron passed far too much to teammates, especially early in the Cleveland offense, instead of creating himself. The point is that an alltime great would do more himself to win the game, especially with little talent around him. To compare, Michael Jordan would have, and did many times in his career, taken not only more shots but also created more shots going to the basket, putting alot of pressure on the other team. Jordan would have gone down, if he had have gone down, fighting and swinging and giving it all he had. Some say Lebron was tired, he played alot of minutes, but I remember Jordan and most superstars in the years I watched the nba, play alot of minutes every game in the playoffs and trying to do more themselves than what Lebron did. Same thing happened against Dallas back in Lebron's first season in Miami and somewhat in last year's finals against San Antonio.

It is a major point that Lebron doesn't always step up and take it himself in big finals games and that will, as it should, tarnish his career and stop many from declaring Lebron James as the Greatest Basketball Player Ever.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Previous

Return to NBA Forum