Lacob interview on offseason moves

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:15 pm
full article:

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2 ... landscape/

-Q: How good is this team now? Are you a Western Conference finals team? Better than that?

-LACOB: I’m going to leave the prediction stuff to people like you. That’s your job.

I’m an optimist, as you know. I feel very, very… forget it… I’m excited. I’m ecstatic with what we’ve been able to put together.

I think Bob Myers and our group has done just an incredible job putting a team together.

We’ve added a sixth starter, that’s the way to look at this thing and a really good one, an Olympian, an All-Star.

I don’t think I know of another team in the NBA that can make the claim that they have six starters.

And we’ve addressed the bench–I can’t talk about those players yet, until some deals are official… And we’ve got a couple of great young players that are developing into very good players, we think, in Draymond Green and Festus Ezeli when he comes back.

And we brought in several other players who are really quite good and addressed the individual needs…

I think what we have right now is a very interesting team.

We are at this point big–much bigger than we used to be, bigger at all positions, really.

We are much better defensively than we were two years ago and even a year ago–by adding Andre and some other people, we can put out a real good defensive team.

We are versatile, we have players who can play multiple positions, and that’s key. We have the ability to drive to the basket which we really didn’t have a year ago, Andre helps for that.

He can drive and kick out to shooters and know we have great outside shooters. And we have rim protection, with Bogut and Ezeli, in the middle.

I think we’ve got a lot of the components to be really successful as a team. I think we’re better than last year is all I’ll say.

Now we’ve got to prove it on the court, whether it’s get to the Western Conference finals or whatever; time will tell and we’ll have to perform on the court and make it happen.

Iggy is totally the missing piece this team needed -- the wing lockdown defender, slasher, athletic, versatile player this team needed. He fits in PERFECTLY with this team. Can't wait for next season!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:52 am
Agreed, Iguodala id perhaps the best "role" player in the nba and I don't mean he isn't a great player in his own right, that can be a leader for a team, just that he is a piece that makes others much better. He looks like the added ingredieant that could really make the team better than it has ever been, comparable to Rick Barry's 1970s teams.

migya make the ring fall on ya

Return to Warriors Basketball