Are the Warriors going to make another major trade?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:36 pm
8th ave wrote:
Ringo wrote:
Guybrush wrote:I heard some mentions of Bynum, but nothing tangible, because I later read that two most likely destinations for Bynum are Cavaliers and Mavericks.

Now there are also rumors about sign and trade that would involve 3 teams. Don't know how exactly, but Jeff Teague should end up in Milwaukee, check this now, Brandon Jennings in Atlanta, and Monta in Sacramento.

If anything, this is one hell of a FA...and draft was weird as well. At least it's not boring off season. :)

Yeah, lots of action with teams going into rebuild mode before the Wiggens lottery but not many teams have made any significant improvement to their rosters apart from Houston and the Warriors so far.

The Clippers killed this year's offseason, and it's not even close.

The Clippers have made some improvement with Redick and Collison but they also lost Butler and Bledsoe. We matched up well against the Clips last season and I'll think we'll continue our dominance over them next season. I think this Warriors squad are equal or better than any team in the West including the Thunder who have now lost Martin.
Last edited by Ringo on Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:39 pm
Clippers fixed a problem. They needed spacing for Blake Griffin. They got it.

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:08 pm
Blackfoot wrote:Clippers fixed a problem. They needed spacing for Blake Griffin. They got it.

I do have a question about Blake Griffin: Is he an effective low-block-offensive player? I see him more as an aerial finisher, but not so much as a guy who can draw the double-team on the block and then kick it out to a perimeter shooter.

BTW, I like how this Warrior team matches up against every team in the league except perhaps Memphis and Indiana with their big front lines.
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:28 pm
uptempo wrote:
Blackfoot wrote:Clippers fixed a problem. They needed spacing for Blake Griffin. They got it.

I do have a question about Blake Griffin: Is he an effective low-block-offensive player? I see him more as an aerial finisher, but not so much as a guy who can draw the double-team on the block and then kick it out to a perimeter shooter.

BTW, I like how this Warrior team matches up against every team in the league except perhaps Memphis and Indiana with their big front lines.

He has significantly improved his low post game. He used to just dunk everything, but in addition to that, I saw a good low post game from him. He has definitely improved since he came into the league.

I'm not afraid of any team right now. We have the talent, depth, defensive capabilities to match any and all teams. The only thing that will hold us back is ourselves and injuries. I'll say it first because I haven't heard anyone say it, but I want a ring next season. Yeah, I took it there. I'm with management on this one. **** ECF. **** just getting to the finals. I want the hardware, dammit. I deserve it.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:29 pm
I just sounded hella entitled. Rephrase: WE deserve it.

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:18 am
8th ave wrote:
uptempo wrote:

He has significantly improved his low post game. He used to just dunk everything, but in addition to that, I saw a good low post game from him. He has definitely improved since he came into the league.

I'm not afraid of any team right now. We have the talent, depth, defensive capabilities to match any and all teams. The only thing that will hold us back is ourselves and injuries. I'll say it first because I haven't heard anyone say it, but I want a ring next season. Yeah, I took it there. I'm with management on this one. **** ECF. **** just getting to the finals. I want the hardware, dammit. I deserve it.

This is the attitude that all of us Warrior fans need to have! Great statement, 8th ave!

Warrior fans have been in denial for so long about how bad the team's front office has been that many are just now beginning to say what we all should have been saying: We Warrior fans deserve to see our team compete for a championship!

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:44 pm
I think we all want it. But I don't think we are getting it next year.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:12 pm
Blackfoot wrote:I think we all want it. But I don't think we are getting it next year.

Depends on health, IMO.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:45 pm
It's amazing how far this team has come. Who would've 2 years ago that we would now have what I believe to be(at least on paper) the most talented squad in the Western Conference? We don't have a superstar in Lebron James or a Kevin Durant but we now have a deep, versatile and relatively young team with quality players in every position. Health will always be the determining factor as to how far we go next season but I'm confident that after 82 games this team will at least be in the running for the championship.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:39 pm
Blackfoot wrote:I think we all want it. But I don't think we are getting it next year.

No, fuk that, we're getting a ring.

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:47 pm
I agree with 8th. Last year I said (health permitting) this roster was a 5-seed. Since then, we've affirmed our rookies as solid players, upgraded the Dubstitutes (Jack > Douglas, but Speights > Landry, Barnes > Rush, and O'Neal > Biedrins), AND we added an Olympic dream team player that just so happens to fill our two biggest needs (defensively, perimeter lockdown stud... offensively, slashing isolation option).

Last year, this team was 2 victories from the WCF. They lost 2 contributors (Jack/Landry), 2 garbage players, and 1 guy who played 12 minutes last year. They've added Andre f'n Iguodala, the 3rd best backup center in the league, a top 5 backup 4, and New York's starting PG before the Linsanity BS. This team is DEEP. And the starting 5 DOESN'T friggin STOP. 3 all-stars, a point who SHOULD have been an allstar, and a SG most people wouldn't trade for Eric Gordon.

I see OKC and San Antonio in our league. And, as far as both those teams... Yeah, they probably have a better 1-4 on their roster, but who can say their top 11 players are on par with us?

If this team is healthy, they can make the finals.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:51 pm
I think we are the fifth or sixth seed.

I think the Thunder, Spurs, Clippers, and Rockets will all finish ahead of us with us being close to the Grizzlies.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:05 pm
I know we do it every year, but the Spurs are ONE MORE YEAR OLDER. They had so much cap space this year and all they managed was to bring back Splitter, sign Marco Belinelli, and brought back the guy who lost them the finals for 7 mil a year (ginobli).

Same with OKC, man. What were these two doing?! I've group texted a bunch of my friends before FA started and said that Iguodala is picture perfect for that team. But nope, they didn't do anything this either. They lost Martin and they're leaving it up to Lamb to pick up the slack. I'd be scared of OKC if we didn't have Thompson to bother Westbrook and AI to slow down Durant.

Houston? Bogut on D12, Thompson played Harden very well last year, and we have Iggy to shut down whoever else (not much).

Clippers? Yehhh... I think we see them in ECF. Lol. They're going to tough.

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:45 pm
Nvm I change my mind. Flop city is gonna get the D too, nah mean?

From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!".

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:39 pm
I am cautiously optimistic. Not one team in the West is guaranteed out of the first round. It's such a tough conference. I think we can get to the finals, but I mean, it's tougher than that. It's unlikely for any team specifically.
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball