Win Shares and Adjusted Salary

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:45 pm

Lee is absolutely not overpaid. Curry's adjusted salary, jesus.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:05 pm
THANK YOU!

Bout time somebody spelled it out for all the Lee haters. Dude makes the team better. That's literally all that matters.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:00 pm
Based on this, Lee is in the top 5 percentile in the league. Not sure if I believe that.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:07 pm
Crazy how that kind of win share doesn't land you Bargagni. Not that I want him, but seriously, something got to give, right? If Lee is so valuable to this team, why did we shop him? I still don't know, man. I think I'd still trade Lee for someone that plays more defense.

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:53 pm
8th ave wrote:Crazy how that kind of win share doesn't land you Bargagni. Not that I want him, but seriously, something got to give, right? If Lee is so valuable to this team, why did we shop him? I still don't know, man. I think I'd still trade Lee for someone that plays more defense.

Well you explained why with an article. They wanted to trade Lee for Bargs because they wanted to re-sign Jack and Landry who is worth more wins combined is than Lee is by himself.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:19 pm
While we're on the subject of Lee, somethings been really confusing me. The more and more I look at the defensive rating stat, the more I notice that other PF have similar numbers compared to Lee. People like Paul Milsap, Lamarcus Aldridge, and David West just to name a few, have the same defensive rating as Lee, but there's no question in my mind that Lee plays the worse on that side of the ball. Is it safe to say that defensive rating is not a good measure of defensive abilities? At least not by itself, right? What can defensive rating be used in conjunction with to getter a better idea of how good someone is on defense, because I'm beginning to think it's bogus.

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:06 am
I think we might of shopped David Lee because of his injury!

Maybe his hip aint up to scratch!!! We will see come October/November.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:35 am
I am ignorant on this Win Shares thing, but correct me if I'm wrong, it basically shows how many games your team won in comparison to lost when you played? In other words, if you have a good team, thus good team mates around you, you get a high win shares rating?

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:20 pm
migya wrote:I am ignorant on this Win Shares thing, but correct me if I'm wrong, it basically shows how many games your team won in comparison to lost when you played? In other words, if you have a good team, thus good team mates around you, you get a high win shares rating?

Over the course of a season, it tells you how much each player is worth in terms of wins.

95 percent of all samples for teams fall in a five game range. 68 percent of all samples fall in a three game range.

Return to Warriors Basketball