Welcome, Andre Iguodala!

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:22 pm
Iguodala will be playing alot of point this coming season, while Curry plays off the ball. Management doesnt want Curry playing too much point reason Jack played so many minutes. It is a good match pairing Iguodala with Curry they will play well off each other.

One thing to make certain of there will be alot of small-ball ahead, I think Iguodala was too good off a piece to pass up, and the warriors were going to adjust to with him, whether or not a pending trade is ahead. Lee/Bogut/Festus, the only big men left standing, all with health issues, although I think Lee has already recovered or will back to normal soon.

When Lawson went down, Iguodala played Point for Denver and played well during that stretch.

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:29 pm
I am not sure if I said this yet, but Iggy is really good at running transition offense, but he's really awful at running a half court offense. Wanting him to take over a large portion of ball handling duties spells trouble.

I don't think he will do that, though.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:36 pm
Blackfoot wrote:I am not sure if I said this yet, but Iggy is really good at running transition offense, but he's really awful at running a half court offense. Wanting him to take over a large portion of ball handling duties spells trouble.

Have you seen him run the pick-and-roll in a halfcourt set?

He's better at it than Curry. Nothing else about his playmaking tops Curry, but he's a terrific option on screen plays. He with Lee/Bogut and space-spreaders like Curry and Thompson will be nasty. I think Iggy could set a career-high in assists next year. Wouldn't be surprised to see him and Steph both average 7.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:42 pm
32 wrote:
Blackfoot wrote:I am not sure if I said this yet, but Iggy is really good at running transition offense, but he's really awful at running a half court offense. Wanting him to take over a large portion of ball handling duties spells trouble.

Have you seen him run the pick-and-roll in a halfcourt set?

He's better at it than Curry. Nothing else about his playmaking tops Curry, but he's a terrific option on screen plays. He with Lee/Bogut and space-spreaders like Curry and Thompson will be nasty. I think Iggy could set a career-high in assists next year. Wouldn't be surprised to see him and Steph both average 7.

I have seen him run pick and roll. He's not very good at it. Nuggets averaged .6 points a pick and roll when he was the pick and roll ball handler. Which is the 24th percentile.

Example of what happens is when were in a playoff game against him he was running the P&R he got caught up in the air and threw a pass which Jack intercepted. Essentially costing the Nuggets that game.

He's very bad at being the P&R ball handler. Iggy makes our transition game god damned lethal, but I don't want him running the point, at least not often. Just a very little.
Last edited by Blackfoot on Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:23 pm
Iggy has averaged over 5 assist a game the last 5 years thats all i need to know about his play making ability, especially coming from a non-PG

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:30 pm
He's really good at passing in transition. That's where the assist come from. If he's running the point in the half court set you are going to see a good amount of turnovers.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:46 pm
Blackfoot wrote:
I have seen him run pick and roll. He's not very good at it. Nuggets averaged .6 points a pick and roll when he was the pick and roll ball handler. Which is the 24th percentile.

Where do you get some of these stats? :roll:

Sometimes I think you make them up knowing full well that the casual sports fan such as myself isn't going to take a fine tooth comb to the dribble you've just spewed.

I guess your love of statistics has a correlation with your lack of girlfriend???

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:46 pm
Blackfoot wrote:He's really good at passing in transition. That's where the assist come from. If he's running the point in the half court set you are going to see a good amount of turnovers.

Good point about the turnovers, because he also averaged about 2.5 during that stretch. Iggy will have to handle the ball though with Curry on the floor as Jack did, unless the Rookie can get some meaningful minutes right away.

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:06 am
PAWNO wrote:
Blackfoot wrote:

Where do you get some of these stats? :roll:

Sometimes I think you make them up knowing full well that the casual sports fan such as myself isn't going to take a fine tooth comb to the dribble you've just spewed.

I guess your love of statistics has a correlation with your lack of girlfriend???

:sleeping:

http://mysynergysports.com/
Role Player
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:16 am
Just put Iggy on my 2k13 Warriors. Made some trades, got rid of all the guys we traded. We don't look so good, but then again it's a video game
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:44 am
Stairway Man wrote:Just put Iggy on my 2k13 Warriors. Made some trades, got rid of all the guys we traded. We don't look so good, but then again it's a video game

I did the same thing, but updated some players (Ezeli, for example, should not be a 52 overall).

We're 5th overall in my version. Granted, I went ahead and added Jermaine to fill out the roster, but still... :wink:
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:50 am
We had a huge blow in 2k. Richy J is like Michael Jordan in that game.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:59 am
32 wrote:
Stairway Man wrote:Just put Iggy on my 2k13 Warriors. Made some trades, got rid of all the guys we traded. We don't look so good, but then again it's a video game

I did the same thing, but updated some players (Ezeli, for example, should not be a 52 overall).

We're 5th overall in my version. Granted, I went ahead and added Jermaine to fill out the roster, but still... :wink:

Plus I suck at my game. This is the X box 2k 13 version. I know that on PS3, the games get updated according to the real season. But not on my game. Curry should be better, Thompson should be better. And Green and Bazemore are not on my roster.
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:20 am
I stopped with 2K13, and don't wanna install it again. I'm gonna wait for 2K14 and enjoy it greatly when it finally arrives. :)

Too bad I won't see Charlotte Hornets in 14, though. I really miss that team.
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:20 pm
Guybrush wrote:I stopped with 2K13, and don't wanna install it again. I'm gonna wait for 2K14 and enjoy it greatly when it finally arrives. :)

Too bad I won't see Charlotte Hornets in 14, though. I really miss that team.

2k14 is going to include Bazemore celebrations.

From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball