Welcome, Andre Iguodala!

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:22 pm
Hey boarddd, I havent been in here in quite a while but I thought of checking back here after all the D12 talk. Honestly, I'm glad that we did not get him. That guy isnt a winner in my book.

Anyways, I think Iggy will be great here. You have to take the Warriors seriously when they say that they want to be a defensive minded team. Bogut in the post plus Iggy on the wings with Barnes still developing should be great.
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:38 pm
metalface wrote:Hey boarddd, I havent been in here in quite a while but I thought of checking back here after all the D12 talk. Honestly, I'm glad that we did not get him. That guy isnt a winner in my book.

Anyways, I think Iggy will be great here. You have to take the Warriors seriously when they say that they want to be a defensive minded team. Bogut in the post plus Iggy on the wings with Barnes still developing should be great.

32 has already mentioned this, but it's worth mentioning again. With the addition of Iggy, we can completely hide Curry on the defensive side of the ball. Thompson could guard opposing point guards if the situation calls for it, and Iggy could guard the opposing 3's and 2's. This is gonna be pretty awesome because we can save Curry's legs for back breaking, penile fracturing 3's.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Rookie
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:50 pm
I like Iguodala a lot. He'll be great teammate. I'm a little concerned about losing Jack though. Who's gonna back up Steph at point ? Don't we need a back up point guard ? Jack played heavy minutes for us and that is going to be hard to replace.

Also concerned about losing Landry. Bogut's health is still a question and Lee is not that strong defensively. Who is going to fill that backup 4 spot ? Ezeli will be playing more....but I think they are light down low right now.

I'm not sure that getting Iguodala and losing Jack and Landry will make us better.....hopefully we have some other significant acquisitions on the horizon.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but they gave up 2 first round picks and 2 second round picks. Not a small price.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:03 pm
Jack gone to cleveland.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:35 pm
If they're going to have Iguodala for the next 4 years this makes me think they may be trading Thompson. Don't they want to start giving Barnes heavy minutes ? It would be great to have all three, but I think trading one of them for a more pressing need such as size or backup point would be the smart move. They just traded for Iguodala, and Barnes, I DO NOT see them letting him go. His upside is so high right now. That leaves Klay as the one that's tradeable.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:36 pm
J1000 wrote:If they're going to have Iguodala for the next 4 years this makes me think they may be trading Thompson. Don't they want to start giving Barnes heavy minutes ? It would be great to have all three, but I think trading one of them for a more pressing need such as size or backup point would be the smart move. They just traded for Iguodala, and Barnes, I DO NOT see them letting him go. His upside is so high right now. That leaves Klay as the one that's tradeable.

Where we stand though, Klay plays both sides of the ball better than Barnes. Whether or not if Klay is more efficient is another story. I always leave those things to BF.

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:23 pm
Blackfoot wrote:I love what Iggy brings, but it worries me that he had his worst offensive year in quite a while. I will be honest. That contract scares me.

However, it's really nice to hear that he took a discount to come play here.

I think Iguodala has become more of a role player and adjusted more to his teammates than anything else. Two seasons ago he saw that he had a few teammates in Philly that could contribute in scoring enough and they still made the playoffs with him scoring less than his normal for his career. Same last season with Denver and it will be the same with us. That's actually a sign of a great player, doing what is needed and allowing others to do what they can do. Iguodala should be the addition that makes the team at least a 55 win one next season and if mostly healthy and no more trades occuring that involve one of the other five great players here, I'm calling it that the team will make it to the WCF.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:46 pm
PG Curry
SG Klay -- above avg defender
SF Iggy -- elite defender
PF Lee
C Bogut -- elite defender

top 10 team D next season? This will only help Curry and Lee because it means they have to do less.

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:56 pm
We were 13th in defense last year, so yes, top ten seems very reasonable.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:59 pm
Another thing I just thought of...

Curry Klay Iggy Lee Bogut

could be the best passing team in the NBA. Maybe Spurs are better. But look at that lineup. Every player at their position can dish the rock.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:16 pm
rockyBeli wrote:Another thing I just thought of...

Curry Klay Iggy Lee Bogut

could be the best passing team in the NBA. Maybe Spurs are better. But look at that lineup. Every player at their position can dish the rock.

Totally agree. Everyone except Klay Thompson would i call elite at their position for passing!!!

Klay is probably a pretty good passer, but as he is not a ball handler most of the time he gets the rock cutting around the key and being a catch & shoot guy.

When Klay does get his assists it's usually with the fake pump shot then kick inside or to the wing for a even more open shooter/driver.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:13 am
I think what the team might be thinking of doing is having Barnes as the 6th man as backup SF and PF. That could actually work very well, allowing him to get at least 35mins a game. I actually think Barnes and Klay, more scorers than passes, will flourish with the other four being such good passers.

The team still needs two more bigs to fillout the bench, but with six such talented players as the core, the team looks top 4 in the West at least. MJacksons' desire for a great defensive team looks a reality and looks like a great offensive one as well.

Once again happy to be a fan of the GSW.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Role Player
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:35 am
Migya, we have 10 players active right? So with 2 more bigs, does that mean Nedovic is the only back up point guard we have? Even last year at the beginning, we had Jenkins as a backup guard. When Curry has days where he sits out to rest the ankle, will Nedovic be enough to play 30 to 40 minutes? I don't know if we can take Iggy seriously as a true point guard.

Curry, Nedovic
Klay, Baxemore
Iggy, Barnes
Lee, Green
Bogut, Ezeli

2 more bigs, really? Then no more guards cuz 12 is all we can play. I was thinking one more big who can play 4 and 5 and one more point guard. That is unless Nedovic can really play a full game
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:05 am
Geeeeeez, there's no shortage of cranky, sour grape whining coming outta Denver, is there?

http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci_236 ... a-warriors
http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/16 ... ree-agency
http://m.denverpost.com/denverpost/pm_1 ... d=XexFhfuI
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:19 am
I said it once, but I'll say it again. If we go under the salary cap to sign iggy outright, we lose all of our exceptions. Our trade exceptions and our mid-level.

PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball