Dwight Howard Considering the Warriors

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:05 pm
Wow. This is getting interesting. With the exception of the Charlie Bell amnesty, the front office has been nearly perfect since Lacob took over.

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:19 am
hobbes wrote:Wow. This is getting interesting. With the exception of the Charlie Bell amnesty, the front office has been nearly perfect since Lacob took over.

Yes, this is true.

It is so nice to know that this Warrior ownership group, front office, and coaching staff are building a team to compete for championships and not just to entertain.
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:38 am
I'm pleasantly surprised. This Dwight thing went from being a shot in the dark to, "Holy ****, this might just really happen." Tomorrow is going to be a very big day. It could be the day we refer back to as the day we became a championship contender or the day that we could look back on and ask what could have been.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:13 am
For the record, I want to speak out for the job the front office has done. They've put us in a win-win situation. If we get Dwight and not lose Klay or Barnes, that would be frikken awesome. If we don't we still have a roster that is worth putting our hearts into. Whether or not if we can bring back Jack and/or Landry if Dwight doesn't decide to come here is a different story, but needless to say, this front office is looking for the same thing we are, and that's rings. Despite the outcome tomrrow (or today rather), I'm extremely thankful of the effort the front office has put in.

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:18 am
Stay away from cancer Dwight, but to get him, Lakers hold no strength and will lose him for nothing if they don't take something. AB, RJ and future 1st rounder. Bogut can be backup and resign cheaper after next season. Hand over either Green or Rush if they want, but even that's overpaying.

migya make the ring fall on ya

Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:53 pm
Thank you Bob Myers.

He is a legit force as our GM. He has created a buzz about the Warriors that will only help the franchise land elite talent. Even if we don't get D12, the mere fact that Iggy was willing to come if D12 was, signals a huge shift in the attitude of players around the league about the Warriors. We are no longer a cellar dwelling small market team, but are now ready to shine in primetime.

Of course, having Steph Curry on our team helps lol... Every player not in the playoffs watched Steph put on the most exciting display of shooting since Reggie Miller, and you'd have to be blind to not notice that playing with a shooter like Steph is going to be fun.

Untouchables to me (ranked in order): Curry, Bogut, Barnes, Thompson, Jack, Lee, Landry...
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:55 pm
So apparently there is a scenario where we can land Iggy and Dwight. Lol. This is getting ridiculous, albeit in a good way.

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:47 pm
I didn't like the Iggy deal until I realized it was to woo Dwight
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:21 pm
Blackfoot wrote:I didn't like the Iggy deal until I realized it was to woo Dwight

Why not?

And wooing Dwight will demand some casualties, Klay or Harrison. But, still, would be a great move.

PG: Stephen Curry
SG: Andre Iguodala
SF: Harrison Barnes
PF: David Lee
C: Dwight Howard

or

PG: Stephen Curry
SG: Klay Thompson
SF: Andre Iguodala
PF: David Lee
C: Dwigh Howard

Pick your poison kind of thing. With either of those lineups anything but the finals would be a disappointment.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:46 pm
Howard chose Houston.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:58 pm
I still like Andre Igadoula on this Dwightless team.

First thing I checked on Andre was his stat line and BOI can that kid fill up a boxscore. Looks like worth the 12 million for his rebounding and assist numbers alone!!! It's a shame we lost Brandon Rush in the process but Iggy is gonna get 35-40 mins a game, give us 10-15 pts. 5 boards & 5 assists a game to go along with his steals/blocks numbers.

He was the 1st option on that Denver team.. I'd say he is option 2 or 3 on this team. no weight on his shoulders!!! Just a well paid/productive role player!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:07 pm
I'm just worried now how are we gonna split the minutes among Iggy, Klay and Harrison.
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:15 pm
Do Lakers now have cap space to sign Bynum, for example?
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:16 pm
Guybrush wrote:Do Lakers now have cap space to sign Bynum, for example?

no

Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:17 pm
Guybrush wrote:I'm just worried now how are we gonna split the minutes among Iggy, Klay and Harrison.

Also wondering this myself, but not so much with Klay, Iggy is going to start at SF. I think Barnes might be getting shopped around.
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball