Concerned about the Warriors intentions

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:19 pm
Right now every single player other than Curry in that starting lineup is threatened by the trade rumors. Bogut handled his rumors well but his name was mentioned. Thompson and Barnes were mentioned. And then the latest was David Lee. This makes me feel uneasy and a fan and what does that say as a team if you really are that desperate to land Howard? I mean Howard played with Kobe and couldn't win more than the Warriors and that was with the help of the refs. I think people take David Lee for granted. Virtually every single team can complain about their power forward. Lee was the Dubs first all star since 97 and led the league in double doubles. And if that's not enough, I think that clearly shows that the Warriors are thinking way over their heads. They are trying to find the next Wlit Chamberlain.

You have Barnes, Curry, and Thompson. Yet the Warriors are complaining about a front court of Bogut and Lee. Okay let me stop you for a second. You don't have to rephrase for me. For many many years the Warriors had absolutely nobody to play in their front court with the exception of Biedrins, who they still have, who can still play good D. All these years, the Warriors would basically think it would be a dream to have Bogut and Lee. I mean the Warriors have one of the most talented rosters and that isn't good enough for them. Look at Miami. They don't have a good front court, Lebron is a small forward in my book. Most teams don't have Bogut and Lee, plus we had Landry last year, with Ezeli and Biedrins on the bench. To me, the Warriors are nitpicking. They could sign Howard and Griffin and I guarantee you they would still nitpick what those players can't do and try to sign for someone else. I mean Lee you could make a case is better than Boozer, Bosh, and many other big name power forwards. It just seems to me like they are taking him for granted. Lee is the best power forward the Warriors have had in maybe decades. If you can't win with Lee and Curry, Thompson, Barnes, that's not Lee's fault. You should be able to win with that talent.

Dwight Howard is not the answer. Even if he has the talent, he doesn't have the psyche. He has locker room problems and he would never stay with us. He couldn't win playing with Kobe. Even if he stayed on the Lakers, chances are we'd still be better than them without him.

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:10 am
Dwight Howard is the answer if you want to win a championship.
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:25 am
They're big boys. This is a business. If they don't know that yet, then they'll find out soon. Everybody in the NBA goes through this.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:49 am
I think it is smart to explore every option no matter how much of a chance we actually have at some of them. (Howard).

If you want to be a contender this is what is necessary. I think we as Warriors fans should be excited about how much activity is going on and listening to all these rumors. It means we are beginning to make the transition from insignificant to significant.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:18 am
Howard is one of 4 guys in the entire NBA that you throw the whole farm at.

Andrea Bargnani? That's another story...
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:01 am
Blackfoot wrote:Dwight Howard is the answer if you want to win a championship.

Blackfoot, the voice of reality and reason! I agree with you, 100%!

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:01 am
32 wrote:Howard is one of 4 guys in the entire NBA that you throw the whole farm at.

Andrea Bargnani? That's another story...

Again, another poster whom I agree with 100%!

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:04 am
Jay 20 wrote:I think it is smart to explore every option no matter how much of a chance we actually have at some of them. (Howard).

If you want to be a contender this is what is necessary. I think we as Warriors fans should be excited about how much activity is going on and listening to all these rumors. It means we are beginning to make the transition from insignificant to significant.

The Warriors finally have a front office which is taking action to build a championship level team. For too long the team was in reaction mode, especially during the Cohan era (Twardzik-Saint Jean-Mullin-Riley).
Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:44 pm
uptempo wrote:
Jay 20 wrote:I think it is smart to explore every option no matter how much of a chance we actually have at some of them. (Howard).

The Warriors finally have a front office which is taking action to build a championship level team. For too long the team was in reaction mode, especially during the Cohan era (Twardzik-Saint Jean-Mullin-Riley).

Exactly. So why wouldn't we want to explore every option to potentially make us better? The Warriors intentions are great.

They want Championships!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:03 am
I agree with you Stairway Man, the team is the best I've ever seen it in over 23 years. The aim of the new ownership is to be significant, which is why they are making noise.

migya make the ring fall on ya

Return to Warriors Basketball