Free Agency Thread

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:13 pm
:EDIT added a few more players

Carl Landry opted out of the last year of his contract. Jarrett Jack's contract has already expired. I personally feel that we have to bring both of them back, because if we don't, on paper we've regressed from last year. I applaud the front office's job thus far, and they did an amazing job getting a 1st round draft pick this year without giving up any valuable assets, but I'd rather use the money they spent buying a pick to pay Landry and/or Jack.

Right now, I'm not sure if we'll receive the tax-payer or non-tax payer MLE. More specifically I don't know if they take last year's salary cap into consideration or what your salary cap figure is currently. Also unclear to me is whether or not if we get a bi-annnual exception. I thought I had all of these things figured out, but it's a little more complicated that I had originally thought.

Anyway, here's a list of free agents via Sheridon's blog.

Players off the market
Andre Iguodala - SIGNED WITH THE WARRIORS FOR 4 YEARS @ 48M
Mareese Speights - Signed with the Warriors for 3 years. Contract has not been disclosed.

Dwight Howard - Signed with the Rockets for 4 years @ 88M.
Chris Paul - Re-signed with the Clippers for 5 years @ 107M.
Josh Smith - Signed with the Pistons for 4 years @ 56M.
Al Jefferson - Signed with the Bobcats for 3 years @ 40.5M
David West - Re-signed by the Pacers for 3 years @ 36M.
Tyreke Evans - Sign and traded to the Pelican for 4 years @ 44M.
Paul Milsap - Signed with the Hawks for 2 years @ 19M.
Kevin Martin - Signed with the Wolves for 4 years @ 28M
Manu Ginobli - Re-signed with the Spurs for 2 years @ 14M
Jose Calderon - Signed with the Mavs for 4 years @ 29M.
JJ Reddick - Signed and traded to the Clippers for 4 years @ 27M.
Carl Landry - Signed with the Kings for 4 years @ 26M.
Jarrett Jack - Signed with the Cavaliers for 4 years @ 25M.
JR Smith - Re-signed with the Knicks for 4 years @ 24.7M
Kyle Korver Re-signed with Hawks for 4 years @ 24M.
Martell Webster - Signed with the Wizards for 4 years @ 22M. Last year is only partially guarenteed.
Chase Budinger - Re-signed with the Wolves for 3 years @ 16M.
JJ Hickson - Signed with the Nuggets for 3 years @ 15M.
Zaza Pachulia - Signed with the Bucks for 3 years @ 15M.
Tony Allen - Re-signed with the Grizzlies for 4 years @ 20M.
Earl Clark - Signed with the Cavaliers for 2 years @ 9M.
Al Farouq Aminu - Re-signed with the Pelicans for 1 year @ 3.75M.
Carlos Defino - Signed with the Bucks for 3 years @ 9.75M.
Matt Barnes - Re-signed with the Clippers for 3 years @ 9M.
Devin Harris - Signed with the Mavericks for 3 years @ 9M.
Chris Copeland - Signed with the Pacers for 2 years @ 6M.
Dorell Wright - Signed with Portland for 2 years @ 6M.
Marco Belinelli - Signed with the Spurs for 2 years @ 6M.
Josh McRoberts - Re-signed with the Bobcats for 2 years @ 5.5M.
Andray Blatche - Re-signed with NJN for 1 year @ 1.4M.
Earl Watson - Signed with the Trailblazers for 1 year @ 1.4M.
Francisco Garcia - Re-signed with the Rockets for 2 years @ 2.6M.

*OJ Mayo - Sign and traded to the Bucks. Contract has not been disclosed.
*Jeff Pendergraph - Signed with San Antonio for 2 years. Contract has not been disclosed.
*Eric Manor - Signed with the Wizards for 2 years. 2nd year is a player option. Contract has not been disclosed.
*CJ Watson - Signed a 2 years deal with the Pacers. Contract has not been disclosed.
*Omri Casspi - Signed with the Rockets for 2 years. Contract has not been disclosed.
Chris Kaman - Signed a 1 year deal with the Lakers. Contract has not been disclosed.

Unsigned FA
Tiago Splitter - In discussions with SAS for a 4 year 36M deal.
Elton Brand - NYK are preparing to offer Brand a contract.
Andrei Kirelinko - Opted out of his player option with Minnesota.
Tyler Hansbrough - Pacers have rescinded their qualifying offer making him an unrestricted FA.
Nikola Pekovic
Monta Ellis
Jeff Teague
Brandan Jennings
Andrew Bynum
Gerald Henderson
Corey Brewer
Birdman
Mo Williams
Nate Robinson
Gary Neal
Semih Erden
Lamar Odom
Samuel Dalembert
Rodrique Beaubois
Will Bynum
Nenad Krstic
Nick Young
Antawn Jamison

Highlighted in bold are the players I would be interested in to replace Jack and/or Landry should we lose one, or both of them. Some names would help us more than others, but like always, it all depends on how much they're going to cost. If Jack and Landry would have it, I would prefer to bring those two back than to have any of these free agents, but thats just me.
Last edited by 8th ave on Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:33 pm, edited 19 times in total.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:18 pm
I like almost everyone you have bolded. Jose Calderon and Elton Brand stick out to me. But one guy you do not have bolded that I like is Jeff Teague. I see him as a more athletic version of Jarrett Jack.

Jack is a little bigger but Teague has a good burst of speed and gets to the bucket especially in fast break situations. He made about 2.4 mill last season.

He's restricted, but something about him makes me want to see him in a Warriors uniform next season if we can't get Jack back. Just a wish of mine at this point.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:02 pm
I highlighted the ones that were most plausible to me. I don't want to mention Jeff Teague, because really, what's the point? I don't wanna waste time talking about acquiring someone who has no chance of coming here.

I like Brand too. He played for the veteran minimum and so did Antawn Jamison. If either of those two wanted to come in for that kind of price, that'd be awesome. Probably more so with Jamison since he started his career here; maybe he should come back to finish it.

I think Calderon would be a long shot. I think someone will pay him 7-8 mil. That's just a guessimaton. Gotta see how the market is going to shake out.

We have a really interesting free agency ahead of us.
Last edited by 8th ave on Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rookie
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:12 pm
8th ave wrote:I highlighted the ones that were most plausible to me. I don't want to mention Jeff Teague, because really, what's the point? I don't wanna waste time talking about acquiring someone who has no chance of coming here.

I like Brand too. He played for the veteran minimum and so did Antawn Jamison. If either of those two wanted to come in for that kind of price, that'd be awesome. Probably more so with Jamison since he started his career here; maybe he should come back to finish it.

I think Calderon would be a long shot. I think someone will pay him 7-8 mil. That's just a guestematon. Gotta see how the market is going to shake out.

Atlanta hasn't said whether or not they are bringing him back last I checked so you never know, but you're right it is a long shot. I'll put it on my long shot wish list.

Calderon too. Might as well sign Jack to the kind of deal Calderon is going to want.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:38 pm
Jay 20 wrote:
8th ave wrote:I highlighted the ones that were most plausible to me. I don't want to mention Jeff Teague, because really, what's the point? I don't wanna waste time talking about acquiring someone who has no chance of coming here.

I think Calderon would be a long shot. I think someone will pay him 7-8 mil. That's just a guestematon. Gotta see how the market is going to shake out.

Atlanta hasn't said whether or not they are bringing him back last I checked so you never know, but you're right it is a long shot. I'll put it on my long shot wish list.

Calderon too. Might as well sign Jack to the kind of deal Calderon is going to want.

Just think about how much money it'll cost to bring him in, and how much more money other teams can throw at him. On top of that, he's like you've said, a restricted free agent. Atlanta would have to be very stupid not to bring him back. It's not even worth discussing.

All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:35 pm
Most interested in Copeland.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:58 am
Warriors meeting with both Iguadala and Howard today. Dont know what to make of this. but on top of the Lee rumor, Warriors really looking at all options.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:46 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:Warriors meeting with both Iguadala and Howard today. Dont know what to make of this. but on top of the Lee rumor, Warriors really looking at all options.

They are smart to shop Lee. Clearly he is overpaid and I think the end game is to get him to agree to modify his contract so that the Warriors can compete in free agency.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:02 pm
hummbabybear wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:Warriors meeting with both Iguadala and Howard today. Dont know what to make of this. but on top of the Lee rumor, Warriors really looking at all options.

They are smart to shop Lee. Clearly he is overpaid and I think the end game is to get him to agree to modify his contract so that the Warriors can compete in free agency.

Name me the last guy to lead the NBA in 20-and-10 games who made a 70% equivalent to a maximum contract. Lee made $13 million last year. All-NBA 3rd Team, All-Star selection, top 5 in rebounding, 2nd among PFs in scoring, top PF in assists, played 80 games...

If you wanna needle Lee on his defense, that's fine, but this Kawakami-driven crap about him being overpaid is just laughable man. Anybody else giving you what Lee gives you in terms of rebounding AND scoring makes max money. $18-22 million a year. Lee is WAY below that.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:36 pm
Clearly overpaid?? Wow I must be missing something because last I've checked David has done whats necessary to earn his $13 million.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:12 pm
I feel like max contracts should be given to something like 10 people in the NBA. People like Lebron, Chris Paul, Derrick Rose, and Kevin Durant. The problem is you have people like Stoudemire, Joe Johnson, and a few others who earn max money (or very close to it) and they don't give what max players are suppose to give you. Lee, he's probably in between the two. He has definitely produced at a high level since he's been with us, but I'm really not sure if he's integral to our success. Another issue is that we're probably just being ungrateful. We look at Lee and take him for granted because he gets bagged on defense. Hell for all I know, we could lose em and re-start our days as a bottom feeder. Personally, I just really wish he was better defensively/ If he was I'd have absolutely no qualms with him being on this squad. I think if you replace Lee with someone like KG or David West, you'll have a better product on the floor overall. Now I don't have any statistical evidence to back my opinion, but that's just my blind take on things.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:20 pm
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:29 pm
Matic wrote:Image

Steph and Dwight???
The Hulk is a Warriors fan.
Rookie
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:46 pm
Yep, you're right!

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:47 pm
That's a photo from a stalker if I ever saw one.

That guy is getting paid to follow Dwight.
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball