Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:57 pm
Woj reports that we're shopping David Lee

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--warri ... 33769.html
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:07 pm
I would love to bring in Aldridge, but I might've been a little upset if the Bargnani trade went down. I see why they might've done it though. We're probably looking for cap relief to bring back Jack and Landry.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:56 pm
Alridge can full it up... But damn, does he needs a lot of touches. Kinda strikes me like Bosh; somebody whose disinterested when he isn't the center of the offense. IMO, one of the more likable things about Lee's game is that he can find points without having the ball go through him. And doesn't Alderige make more money than Lee?

I'd rather keep DLee. Alderige is a higher volume scorer and a marginally better defender (he's average at best; not great, not a lockdown guy). Lee is a more efficient scorer (over 50%), better rebounder, better passer.

What's with everyone's fascination with dealing Lee after he got hurt?
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:16 am
Lee is better offensively, but Alridge is most definitely not just marginally better defensively.

As a PF, he had the fifth best field goal percentage defense with opponents taking shots with in five feet of the basket.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:16 am
The management needs to think hard n this one rather than just shop around and trade
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:56 am
8th, don't worry about Bargnani trade, cause Bargs just got traded to the Knicks. :)

Aldridge is a better player than Lee, IMO. At least for what we have here...he can play better with back to the basket, and can easily dish the ball to one of our outside shooters if he can't finish by himself. On the other side, Lee is mostly facing the basket, and better defenders, stronger ones, give him a lot of trouble, while LMA can find a way to sore against any type of defense.

Add to that defense, like BF mentioned, and you get why they are thinking of that trade. Imagine LMA and Bogut's impact on D. Man...who could believe that the Warriors could have that good of an interior defenders.
Rookie
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:11 am
Yes please. I love Aldridge, and yeah, thank God that Bargs got traded to Knicks. This'd be really bad move, Lee-Bargnani.

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:15 am
I would have been ****ing livid if we traded Lee for Bargs.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:22 am
Blackfoot wrote:I would have been ****ing livid if we traded Lee for Bargs.

+1 to that Blackfoot!
Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:29 am
I don't think I like either of those trades, especially Bargnani. I'm glad that one can't go down now.

I'm not against dealing Lee for the right price but I'm leaning more toward keeping him around.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:44 pm
I gotta agree with Jay here.

At $13 million last year, Lee was hardly overpaid: in fact, one might consider the league-leader in double-doubles and 20-10 games, along with 3rd team All-NBA and an allstar selection, to be one of the better bargains. As far as bang for the Warriors' buck, David Lee at less than $15 million per seems WAY better than Bosh at $18 million, Aldridge at $17 million, or scrub-o Bargnani at whatever the hell he makes.

Lee's not untradeable... But c'mon. We're not talking about a clear-cut upgrade here (like Love): we're talking about a potential upgrade (whose production was arguably worse than Lee last year) for a 25% salary hike. When we swap Lee for a guy making $5 million more per year than him, shouldn't we be able to definitely, unreservedly declare that guy to be superior to Lee? Aldridge and Bosh are not in that echelon. I don't wanna downgrade Lee's top-notch offensive contributions for a guy who plays average defense and makes 25% more than Lee.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:53 pm
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/ ... ade-block/

Dan Feldman wrote:There’s a huge difference between a useful player competing through an injury and Golden State using Lee as a gimmick. If Mark Jackson wanted to motivate his team, he should have found other ways, and I believe he was capable. Jackson is one of the NBA’s most inspiring head coaches. Playing Lee was just an easy way out.

Now that the Warriors are considering trading him – a reasonable option on the merit of creating salary-cap flexibility, especially considering how successful they were in the playoffs after his injury – I wonder whether Lee regrets sacrificing his already-injured body for the team.

(Insert douche-baggy, about-face, insensitive comment from somebody who marked out for Lee during the playoffs about how "this is a business", etc etc...)

Sigh... For all the strides and improvement this team has made, this sure sounds like the old management's style to me: terrified of success, so they go and blow up every good team to come together here. What exactly would the problem be with keeping Lee around? This was a team that was potentially Finals-bound if Lee didn't blow out his hip flexor - and the tough SOB still tried to suit up with it!

Damn cold of the FO to be shopping Lee after being so damn down for the cause.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:06 pm
Hey let's trade J rich for Brandan Wright right after making the playoffs. Let's punish success.

Hey let's trade David Lee for Bargnani right after making the 6th seed. Let's punish success.

Does the FO have A.D.D. or something? What's the problem with keeping this core together? Why is that so difficult of a concept?

Unless you're getting a superstar, why break up this team? Where is the logic in these people's heads.

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:12 pm
Perplexing why they would want to trade David Lee for Bargnani, and we offered and Raptors declined. Perplexing.

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:21 pm
Not perplexing from the Raptors perspective. Why would they want to win right now? Get draft picks and lose a bad contract.

Lee will help them win, but not anywhere near a contender.
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball