Official Welcome Nemanja Nedovic Thread

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:49 pm
I don't think he's going to be a contributor next season.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:54 pm
8th ave wrote:I don't think he's going to be a contributor next season.

I'd be surprised if he doesn't get at least 15 minutes a game should Jarrett Jack sign somewhere else. With his height/athleticism he can be our back up PG and SG. Imagine him coming in and playing PG with Curry playing as the SG (on offense, guarding the PG on defense) and Klay at SF. Wouldn't be the best defensive line up but they could score quick.

Ofc that would line up would be in for maybe 5 minutes of the game but still, it's a fun possiblity.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:18 pm
I agree with Beast. This kid is a 5-year Euroleague pro and if Jack bolts, who else can play backup point? The Dubs hit on a 30th pick last year, and they've had success in recent seasons with this management staff as far as scouting talent. I don't think Nedo's the "savior", but c'mon 8th. You're not a little excited about picking up "the Euopean Derek Rose"??
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:03 pm
ehhh.... not really... lol... I was pleasantly surprised when I saw that he spoke good english. I'll probably grow into him when I see him play, but right now I'm unimpressed.

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:42 pm
I read that scouts are fairly high on him and think he will be a stud pro.
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:40 am
8th ave wrote:ehhh.... not really... lol... I was pleasantly surprised when I saw that he spoke good english. I'll probably grow into him when I see him play, but right now I'm unimpressed.

Cut us some slack, man...a lot of people here actually can speak English, and our accent is far better than Russian's for example. OK, we do have rural parts, which aren't that different from dirty south in the US, but Belgrade and other cities...we're good. :)

If Nedovic can be focused on training and playing ball, and not on the night life and such, we got a pretty damn good player, cause he has a lot of potential. You can teach a player about mechanics, but you can't teach his physical ability, and this guy has that...plenty of it.

Serbian players had a drop off in recent years, we were far worse than we used to be, but I'm hoping it is getting better again. Though, the Serbian, or the guy with Serbian heritage, that I would love the most to see on Warriors, wouldn't be a player, but a coach...Pop. :D Real proud of that man, way to represent. =D>
Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:47 am
Seems like a very athletic guy. I saw on one video after a turnover he was hanging his head afterwards which I didn't like seeing but he seems to have potential. Just have to watch his decision making.
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:35 pm
Guybrush wrote:
8th ave wrote:ehhh.... not really... lol... I was pleasantly surprised when I saw that he spoke good english. I'll probably grow into him when I see him play, but right now I'm unimpressed.

Cut us some slack, man...a lot of people here actually can speak English, and our accent is far better than Russian's for example. OK, we do have rural parts, which aren't that different from dirty south in the US, but Belgrade and other cities...we're good. :)

I've thought the same thing when I first heard him speak and often times when I've read some of your posts Guy. It's a small sample, but you Serbians seem to have a pretty firm grasp of the English language.

I agree with 8th for the most part - I doubt he'll be a real factor this season. 32 does make a good point though, this team has gotten a lot out of young guys.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:04 am
JREED wrote:
Guybrush wrote:

I've thought the same thing when I first heard him speak and often times when I've read some of your posts Guy. It's a small sample, but you Serbians seem to have a pretty firm grasp of the English language.

I agree with 8th for the most part - I doubt he'll be a real factor this season. 32 does make a good point though, this team has gotten a lot out of young guys.

Whose the backup PG if Jack leaves?
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:43 pm
In case anyone is interested, Nedovic is gonna be on the team roster for this season. So, no waiting period in Europe.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:07 am
Seems like a good pick. Could be a good future player.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Rookie
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:59 pm
Finally get to see Nedovic in Warrior action today. Looking forward to seeing how he does.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:27 pm
hes injured. sprained ankle

Rookie
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:03 pm
Weird. I thought I posted about that after that post because I heard it before the game. They also said he's heading back to Serbia tomorrow for national team obligations.

Oh well.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:21 pm
Btw, now that Douglas has been acquired, disregard anything I said about Nedo being the backup point this year.

This thread has been rendered pointless.

Goodbye.
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball