Warriors and Timberwolves trade

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:19 am
I read a rumor of a supposed trade between Warriors and Timberwolves, where the Warriors would get Kevin Love and Alexey Shved from Minnesota, while Warriors would send in their direction David Lee and Harrison Barnes.

What do you think of that idea?

I ran across that here:
https://www.facebook.com/TheBasketballF ... ion=stream
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:10 pm
Sounds like a Warrior fan's delusion. :-k

Not only are the salaries nearly $1 million off, making the trade impossible, but Shved is a PG prospect with a nearly identical PER as Barnes. Seeing as Barnes was a rookie and plays a bigger position, it's not unreasonable to call him the superior prospect, but the difference between Barnes and Shved is not so drastic that it would justify a swap of Lee and Love, from the Wolves' perspective.

This sounds like (and I mean this in the most respectful, light/hearted of manners:) a trade that migya would come up with. :wink:

There are 29 teams that will throw offers at Minnesota for KLove. We are not in an offensive position to negotiate. If we want Love from the Wolves, they will go hard after Curry, which we will refuse, then they will attempt to get as much as they can from a Lee package (with Klay Thompson more than likely being a necessity for their cooperation). In the other thread, I described the various reasons as to why Minnesota can and will demand a sure-thing like Thompson ALONG WITH an additional prospect like Barnes, on top of Lee.

As a Warrior homer, some of us are inclined to deny that package and say its too much for Love - whose coming off an injury-ravaged year. That's fine. But we can't pretend that acquiring Love will be a rosey walk in the park that won't surrender some doubt in our minds about what we give up. As I stated in the other thread, if Minnesota lets us come away with a team featuring Stephen Curry, Kevin Love, and Andrew Bogut, I'd pull the trigger no matter what. Lee is an all-star; Love is the best at their position. Thompson's a plus prospect; I doubt he'll ever be a 20 PPG scorer (and he does nothing but shoot). Barnes has an incredibly high ceiling that can virtually go nowhere but down. Does anybody realize how rare it is for a Warrior to completely fill out his potential and become a franchise player? I'll give you a hint: it's happened twice in the past 20 years. Since 1993-'94:

True stars: Chris Webber, Stephen Curry

The good, but not great": Monta Ellis, Antawn Jamison, Joe Smith, Jason Richardson, Gilbert Arenas

The serviceable and average: Andris Biedrins, Mike Dunleavy, Troy Murphy, Eric Dampier, Adonal Foyle, Mickael Pietrus, Marco Belinelli

The busts: Charles Jenkins, Jeremy Tyler, Stephen Lasme, Kosta Perovic, Ike Diogu, Brandan Wright, Anthony Randolph, Richard Hendrix, Jamareo Davidson, Patrick O'Bryant, Chris Taft, Chris Porter, Steve Logan, Derek Zimmerman, Tim Young, Marc Jackson, Todd Fuller, Andrew DeClerq, Marcus Mann, Dwayne Whitfield, Martin Lewis, Michael McDonald, Anthony Miller, Dwayne Morton, Clifford Rozier, Darnell Mee

Take a look at those odds and tell me honestly that holding onto Klay Thompson and Harrison Barnes is worth passing on a player of Kevin Love's value. It'd be ridiculous. And the Wolves know it. Hell, I'd give them Lee, Barnes, Thompson, AND a future pick for Love and Shved. Top 15 players in the NBA are never available. To acquire Love would be to pair 2 of them together AND a healthy Bogut is potentially a top 20 guy as well. That's a championship core. Lee, Thompson, and Barnes are all good pieces, don't get me wrong... But none of them hold a candle to love. To think we could get them AND their young, stud backup point guard (whose starter-quality, but is roadblocked by Rubio) is simply Warriors fans dreaming about the lottery. Hell, I'd love to get Durant for Lee and Thompson straight up, but there's another GM on the other end of the line whose goal is not to improve the Golden State Warriors.

[/rant]
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:33 am
DLee and either Green or Rush, that's it. TWolves would do it too.

migya make the ring fall on ya

Return to Trades