Queens keep taking our sloppy seconds

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:19 pm
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-o ... alessandro

Chris Mullin is being offered a consultant gig next to his old pal, Pete D'Alessandro - you'll recall, D'Alessandro's removal from our front office as one of Robert Rowell's first big chess moves in pushing Mullin out the door. Mully is remembered fondly in the front office as the architect of the "We Believe" season, the only GM prior to last season that took the Warriors to the playoffs (for over a two decade span), and the man who set in motion his own demise when he brought Stephen Jackson and Don Nelson into the fold (insert some deal with the devil pun here).

In a matter of a month, the Sacramento Queens have cherry picked GM Pete D'Alessandro, coaching prospect Michael Malone, and now basketball mind Chris Mullin off our scrap pile. Somebody call Bimbo Coles: they might need a point guard!

What a bunch of douche bags.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:20 pm
Our old front office is exactly who they would want to emulate, right?

But their new owner came from our Org, so it makes sense he'd bring friends.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:46 am
And now that Mullin is set to uphold a Kings' post in some capacity, guess what the rumor is on the free agent market? Who does he want...?

Monta Ellis. :mrgreen: ::lol: =D>

AAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Jesus Christ, could they bite any harder off our old leftovers?!?
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:37 pm
Hahaha!

Brilliant! Can you share a link? I'd like to read it myself. :)
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:42 pm
Boom:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/monta-elli ... 00400.html

http://goldengatesports.com/2013/06/17/ ... nto-kings/

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--kings ... 55084.html
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:25 pm
Damn, I thought there was just one in particular. lol

I'm off to read those, cheers 32.
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:50 pm
Man, I read that Yahoo article, and that man seems to really dislike Monta. I mean, comparing him to Tyreke and saying they are pretty much the same, and both being tweeners...does he realize that Tyreke is 6'5"?

And when he said that Tyreke, whose biggest problem is outside shooting, can hit it from the perimeter, unlike Ellis, he lost all of the credibility. It would make sense if he didn't try to explain it the way he did.

This one:
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/monta-elli ... 00400.html
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:04 pm
Yeah, I think being apart of the "contributor network" means he's a Kings fan posing as a journalist, which may explain why he overrates Evans and undersells Ellis.

That being said, I don't blame Kings fans for dreading the idea of Monta Ellis pairing up with DeMarcus Cousins. If Ellis has a 4-year deal at $38 million and Cousins is still on his rookie contract, who do YOU think teams will be after when those 2 implode the locker room with a "whose-the-man???" chest-bumping match. I know I'd hate to be a Kings fan envisioning Sacramento dealing away Cousins for prospects and crap after signing Ellis to a multiyear deal...
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:39 pm
I'm of a opinion that Ellis was well aware that he won't get the kind of money he turned down from Milwaukee. So, Sacramento might get him quite a bit cheaper. Monta wanted out of Milwaukee and him saying that he would like to go to Sacramento are just some pointers that he would play for less, just to be back in North Cali.

And for some reason, I got a feeling that Ellis and Cousins would be the best buddies. Kind of like T.O. and Chad "Ochocinco" Johnson.

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:04 pm
God Evans and Ellis together would be so cringe worthy.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:06 pm
Blackfoot wrote:God Evans and Ellis together would be so cringe worthy.

+1

I foresee many 35 point combined nights on 45 attempts from the floor... Ellis' attempts would only get worse in Sac (I'm thinking 24 per) and Evans couldn't find a bucket in KFC. It all comes back to Cousins; who would HATE being a backseat driver in any offense.

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe the skill of Cousins and the athleticism of Ellis makes the best P&R tandem in the league. But I'd doubt it.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:39 am
I think that Kings would in that case trade Evans. Though, Evans could play PG, and that would be the big PG next to whom Monta is looking better (Baron Davis period). But, I think they wouldn't keep them both. It just doesn't make a lot of sense, to have two guards that are not great shooters. Truth be told, Monta is not that bad, he just had the worst shooting season in his career.

And I stand by my statement that Monta and Cousins would actually be good together.

Though, starting lineup of one Isaiah Thomas and Monta Ellis on guard positions doesn't bode well for any team.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:31 am
Evans at point guard << Landry at center

Return to Warriors Basketball