Curry's Defense

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:40 am
First off, expectations are obviously low for the guy. Game six vs the Spurs, 11 mins 4 rebs, 1 blk, and defensive activity against Duncan was good because Beans was fresh. Nothing major but I consider that positive contribution from him, ill take that. As I mentioned if he played the hustle role, why wouldn't that be a good thing. Dude should have been amnestied ? yes, but if he can produce in a hustle role why not.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:22 pm
... This is the part where I explain, once again, that we'd all LOVE for Biedrins to magically re-obtain his former glory and it'd be great if he could ball again and blah blah blah. I feel like I've done that in 10 threads all season...

The bottom line is that, if Biedrins COULD be a productive player, why hasn't he been? What's been the holdup the past 6 years? Without injury or management issues or locker room problems or a death in the family? Why should we believe that these self-inflicted wounds are suddenly healed? And why now? Why, after promising over and over again, and showing up to camp motivated and ready, and playing himself out of any more benefit of the doubt, should we possibly believe that Andris Biedrins has FINALLY put it all together?

Because he found 4 rebounds in 11 minutes one game?

Look, bro, sample size is everything when it comes to role players. You remember when Ike Diogu blew up for 18 and 9 back in his rookie year. We ALL thought that dude was gonna be a baller. And where'd he end up? Big fish in the little pond of Angola or wherever the hell he played this summer for some country that he's not from? But after so damn many prospects amounting to a hill of beans, you learn that big men are divas. Most can't hack it; those that do are worth their weight in gold. Biedrins had a great 4-year window. It got him a huge, laughable contract and it's been over for 6 years now. Brandan Wright is a role player that we traded a 20-PPG guard for. Anthony Randolph is bench depth that we touted as the future of the front court. Ike Diogu is signing some Spanish kid's summer league shirt. And who the hell knows where Stephen Lasme, Patrick O'Bryant, Kosta Perovic, and Chris Taft have washed up to. Who cares?

Andris Biedrins is a scrub.

Not a scrub with a role, who can give you 10 or 15 good minutes a game. Just a scrub. He'll single-handedly knock you into the bonus as often as he has those good rebounding games. He gives you nothing on offense. His defense consists of fouling people. He has moved on every screen he's ever set. And he is absolutely paralyzed in fear at the notion, the idea, the very thought that he might have to go to the free throw line and Hindenburg another beauty off that knee-less, lock-jaw elbow'd, 100% wrist-flinging free throw pitch of his. He finds it so terrifying that every bit of o-glass bouncing his way is effectively hot-potato'd out to the perimeter, with his legs flailing like Scooby and Shaggy running from a ghost, in the hopes that he can return the ball to a competent player that warrants the title of "professional"... and for good reason, too. He might as well be a cat in a piranha tank when he comes down with the rock inside the paint. Teams foul him instinctively, with reckless abandon, for the chance to watch this guy melt beads of sweat onto the court, wetting himself in terror. I wouldn't be surprised to see old man Duncan go take a load off and eat a handful of popcorn the next time AB goes to the line. Why not? Dude either airballs it into the photographers and the ball is yours, or he catches all-backboard, no-rim, and you get it on the side off a technicality. Win/win.

Seriously though. I have no idea why any residual hope is even glimmering regarding Andris Biedrins here. My only hope is that he nets us something sick as a hysterically overpaid expirer that some small market team will subject their fans to for the sake of saving a buck. That is literally the only useful thing Andris Biedrins has left to do for the Golden State Warriors.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:01 pm
32 wrote:... This is the part where I explain, once again, that we'd all LOVE for Biedrins to magically re-obtain his former glory and it'd be great if he could ball again and blah blah blah. I feel like I've done that in 10 threads all season...

The bottom line is that, if Biedrins COULD be a productive player, why hasn't he been? What's been the holdup the past 6 years? Without injury or management issues or locker room problems or a death in the family? Why should we believe that these self-inflicted wounds are suddenly healed? And why now? Why, after promising over and over again, and showing up to camp motivated and ready, and playing himself out of any more benefit of the doubt, should we possibly believe that Andris Biedrins has FINALLY put it all together?

Look, bro, sample size is everything when it comes to role players. You remember when Ike Diogu blew up for 18 and 9 back in his rookie year. We ALL thought that dude was gonna be a baller. And where'd he end up? Big fish in the little pond of Angola or wherever the hell he played this summer for some country that he's not from? But after so damn many prospects amounting to a hill of beans, you learn that big men are divas. Most can't hack it; those that do are worth their weight in gold. Biedrins had a great 4-year window. It got him a huge, laughable contract and it's been over for 6 years now. Brandan Wright is a role player that we traded a 20-PPG guard for. Anthony Randolph is bench depth that we touted as the future of the front court. Ike Diogu is signing some Spanish kid's summer league shirt. And who the hell knows where Stephen Lasme, Patrick O'Bryant, Kosta Perovic, and Chris Taft have washed up to. Who cares?

Not a scrub with a role, who can give you 10 or 15 good minutes a game. Just a scrub. He'll single-handedly knock you into the bonus as often as he has those good rebounding games. He gives you nothing on offense. His defense consists of fouling people. He has moved on every screen he's ever set. And he is absolutely paralyzed in fear at the notion, the idea, the very thought that he might have to go to the free throw line and Hindenburg another beauty off that knee-less, lock-jaw elbow'd, 100% wrist-flinging free throw pitch of his. He finds it so terrifying that every bit of o-glass bouncing his way is effectively hot-potato'd out to the perimeter, with his legs flailing like Scooby and Shaggy running from a ghost, in the hopes that he can return the ball to a competent player that warrants the title of "professional"... and for good reason, too. He might as well be a cat in a piranha tank when he comes down with the rock inside the paint. Teams foul him instinctively, with reckless abandon, for the chance to watch this guy melt beads of sweat onto the court, wetting himself in terror. I wouldn't be surprised to see old man Duncan go take a load off and eat a handful of popcorn the next time AB goes to the line. Why not? Dude either airballs it into the photographers and the ball is yours, or he catches all-backboard, no-rim, and you get it on the side off a technicality. Win/win.

Seriously though. I have no idea why any residual hope is even glimmering regarding Andris Biedrins here. My only hope is that he nets us something sick as a hysterically overpaid expirer that some small market team will subject their fans to for the sake of saving a buck. That is literally the only useful thing Andris Biedrins has left to do for the Golden State Warriors.

Haha that is actually funny specially the scooby reference, I see you have zero hope for dude and that is fine with me. NO one is looking at him as a prospect or giving him any hope of anything in the past, like I said just hustle and a body when needed. And this was reference to throwing bodies at Duncan. If you remember Mjax got the Q game 6 starting both Bogut and Ezeli, it was to late then.

And I was talking about energy and not really looking at sample size, Beans wont be resurrected incase Bogut is not all the way healthy or tired you will need a 7'0.

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:52 pm
32 wrote:... This is the part where I explain, once again, that we'd all LOVE for Biedrins to magically re-obtain his former glory and it'd be great if he could ball again and blah blah blah. I feel like I've done that in 10 threads all season...

+1

It would be absolutely fantastic if people ever stopped bringing him up and minutes in the same sentence.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:31 pm
warriorsstepup wrote:
32 wrote:... the very thought that he might have to go to the free throw line and Hindenburg another beauty off that knee-less, lock-jaw elbow'd, 100% wrist-flinging free throw pitch of his. He finds it so terrifying that every bit of o-glass bouncing his way is effectively hot-potato'd out to the perimeter, with his legs flailing like Scooby and Shaggy running from a ghost,

Haha that is actually funny specially the scooby reference, I see you have zero hope for dude and that is fine with me. NO one is looking at him as a prospect or giving him any hope of anything in the past, like I said just hustle and a body when needed. And this was reference to throwing bodies at Duncan. If you remember Mjax got the Q game 6 starting both Bogut and Ezeli, it was to late then.

And I was talking about energy and not really looking at sample size, Beans wont be resurrected incase Bogut is not all the way healthy or tired you will need a 7'0.

If Andris Biedrins could figure out how to set a screen or block a shot without fouling someone, I'd be all for giving him minutes. If Andris Biedrins could shoot free-throws as well as a 6th grade girl, I'd be all for giving him minutes. If Andris Biedrins put out any effort at all, I'd be all for giving him minutes.

But he doesn't. So I'm not. AB was my favorite player during We Believe. Not Baron, not Monta, not SJax. I was an AB fan. If anybody here would love to see him get back to being productive, it would be me. But I simply think it's impossible at this point. Damon Bruce said it best:

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball